ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19363908
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Pharmacy#United_States
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018455/
sop.washington.edu/pharmd/program-info/curriculum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can confirm.

did 80mg accutane for 5 months.

I made both facial gains and IBS gains.

currently taking 60mg a day, about a month in and im miserable, depressed, irritable and anti-social. slowly becoming suicidal.

my acne has gotten WORSE. like way way fucking worse. the doctor has said all my pores are closing up, and all the spots are coming to the surface at once. i feel like crying, not only do i look awful it genuinely hurts. and my lips are bleeding. i havent left the house in the past two weeks. i have boils and whiteheads.

the dermo said they will lower it to 30mg because im depressed, but that means im going to be on this fucking shit drug for double the length of time, god i fucking hate that dermo, hes a fucking prick and kept telling me bullshit information.

The initial breakout is normal.
You're gonna have perfect fucking skin after it all.
Just calm down and try not to focus on it.

Did 6 months of this shit when i was 15, clear young face now, permanent dry lips i gained from it.

Then i looked into it in detail and found out this shit effectively stops HGH production and permanently lowers testostorone production while taking it and after off of it.

I think i shouldn't have taken that shit right when i was starting puberty, i may have grown taller and wider if i hadn't had take it, now i can grow facial hair at all on my face, don't know if that's my genes or not but everyone else in my family is manly as fuck.

*Can't grow facial hair on my face whatsoever

>Then i looked into it in detail and found out this shit effectively stops HGH production and permanently lowers testostorone production while taking it and after off of it.

u-u-uh.... SOURCE?

What the actual fuck, DOES IT? I have no facial hair at all either. I was considering roiding anyways though

nah its bullshit bro, every pro bodybuilder has taken roaccutane, and would you doubt their ability to build muscle

>every pro bodybuilder has taken roaccutane, and would you doubt their ability to build muscle

Every pro bodybuilder is taking exogenous amounts of testosterone though, so that doesn't matter

All my sources died on my last hard drive,just google it (I know that sounds lazy) but its true. After taking accutane your normal testorone levels permanently drop for example, lets say you have 800ng of test in you before accutane, after a session of accutane be it short or long your test drops to 500ng, and it stays at 500ng forever, never being able to go back up to 800ng because of the effects induced by the massive amounts of vit A, you take acutane again and after the session your test drops to 200ng permanently, shits fucked up but it makes you have flawless skin otherwise.

eh ill just roid

>lets say you have 800ng of test in you before accutane, after a session of accutane be it short or long your test drops to 500ng, and it stays at 500ng forever

Such a high drop dude? Seems like bull shit

Oh well ,all the more reason to buy test online and start pinning.

I agree with the facial hair part, pre accu mine limited facial hair was course now is fine and brittle

>nah its bullshit bro, every pro bodybuilder has taken roaccutane, and would you doubt their ability to build muscle
Aww shit son, every pro bber is on massive amounts of roids, especially regarding test and HGH, id argue the amount of test and HGH they take counteracts the accutane effects that drop test and hgh

Your skin is purging out all of the impurities. You'll be fine after this phase

The only thing that really annoys me about this drug is how so many people who've taken it have this ridiculous loyalty to it and swear its a miracle even with its horrific side effects and huge unknowns, they'd give their life out of loyalty to this pill, I swear.

Those same people experience none of the serious side effects.

>they'd give their life out of loyalty to this pill, I swear.
>have this ridiculous loyalty to it and swear its a miracle even with its horrific side effects and huge unknowns

Because for a lot of people this drug literally saved their lives.

You've probably never had extremely severe acne. It fucks up your entire life, it ruins relationships, chances at a job, it makes you feel like shit, it makes you cry and want to kill yourself. No amount of gains or anything else fixes it.

I don't think you realize what people like pic related feel. They would probably commit suicide if it wasn't fixed.

And now taking into account the small chance of some serious side effects... it's very worth it.

I'm month three and have experienced nosebleeds and a little bit of thinning of the hair, any other anons that have completed it and have got IBS symptoms, when did they start appearing for you?

during a bit was when it started

I'd have lower abdominal pain and just felt really fucking weird daily while on it

Where I am its prescribed like chicklets to people with even light acne. I understand that it is very worth it if your acne is severe enough, but a lot of people are prescribed this shit without their Derm. going through the side effects with them, then they go online and see hundreds of people proclaiming their love for it, taking a course and fucking their shit up for something they could have easily dealt with.

I had a little bit of abdominal pain too, but eating fruit and oats daily seemed to clear that up, made my stool perfect. And in regards to the test dropping, I'm just making sure I hit the gym exactly the same as before I was on this stuff, and so far nothing's changed.

Just look at the before and after pics user, that's where you're headed.

I had TERRIBLE cystic acne through high school until my parents finally put me on accutane and I'm so much happier now. I know the whole "it gets better" thing is cliche, but it actually does.

Like other anons said the acne getting worse is normal, after that it'll go away so quick you'll be wondering wtf happened.

I'd post my before and after but I know people who post here. Good luck user :)

>You've probably never had extremely severe acne. It fucks up your entire life, it ruins relationships, chances at a job, it makes you feel like shit, it makes you cry and want to kill yourself. No amount of gains or anything else fixes it.
This.

I have mild but very stubborn acne that doesn't respond to anything else.
It just makes me feel like shit.

My derm got me to do a 20 mg and every second day to start off with, a taper month, it seems to have worked a treat, I don't think rushing into 60 mg a month is a good approach

Because it's worth it dude.

i had fucking bad acne, nothing helped me.

i tried 30000 fucking things. Then, i went to one derm. I came into his office. He said immediately "YOU NEED ACCUTANE", and we went with it. I am very very happy with it.

Some months I even had to pay out of pocket for it. I spent like $500 on what insurance didn't cover. W O R T H I T. My shit went from horrible -> good

The IBS shit is wayyy overblown, super rare. The constipation was fucking awful but that went away quickly after I stopped. Other than that I just got nosebleeds like a mother fucker, and had to apply chapstick all the time.

then wherever you are is just shitty healthcare. In america its a last resort after everything else has been tried, well at least for any reasonable derm.

It's been a really long time, but I'm pretty sure I started at 30mg. Took about three months to make a noticeable difference, but trust me, user, you're gonna thank this miracle drug by the end of it. I took it for about nine months and went from keeping my hair in my face, staying home and avoiding everyone to getting my first girlfriend and losing my virginity. Your face is gonna make it.

You're more likely to grow taller because less estrogen is being aromatized/ bone plates are fusing slower.

And stop being a faggot that thinks "maybe if just this one thing was different I would be all better." It won't do shit but cause you depression.

t. 5' 9" (8.73"), high estradiol as teenager, stopped growing taller at 12.

see
My back and shoulders looked like a disgusting fucking mess before I took accutane. I never went anywhere or did anything that would involve taking my shirt off. I looked like I'd suffered some kind of burn or infectious disease. Are there side effects? Sure, fuck yeah. But I'd put up with them even if they were twice as bad because it means I don't have to be embarrassed to take my shirt off and be seen from behind.

this.

it's like chemotherapy for your acne.

bad as fuck for you and has some fucked up effects but compared to the alternative... WORTH IT

but i stopped growing at 6ft1, i couldve have been 6ft3, you don't know how much this hurts me mentally

I kek'ed.

>Knew 3 kids who went on this as teenagers
>One turned into a burnout with no ambitions, ended up assaulting some dude in a night club and getting in legal trouble
>One turned into a massive whore with major self esteem issues, which she tries to hide by being an academic overachiever with grandiose ambitions (also SJW )
>One is still struggling a lot with depression a good 7-8 years later, and is dependent on her mother

While their skin did eventually clear up (after being dry and scabby for a few months), it's usually better to just keep clean, fix your diet, and hope it goes away by your early 20s.

Got bad back boils and Zits in highschool. Took accutane and stuck it out. Never struggled with pimples again. Just stick it out man

I have horrible bacne which makes me really uncomfortable.
Even sitting in a chair sometimes breaks a zit and causes blood stains on my shirt.

I however heard that accutane might mess with serotonine levels and as I already took SSRIs as a teenager I'm kinda afraid.
I don't approve messing with my hormones even more. Any tips or stories?

Pharmacist here, I would never use isotretinoin myself or recommend it to any friends or family. Way too many nasty, permanent side effects. It's seriously one of the dirtiest drugs I dispense on a regular basis.

What're the worst permanent sides you've seen?

One of my patients developed pancreatitis and almost died, we're pretty sure it was the isotretinoin. More commonly people get persistent dry skin, thin hair/premature balding, dry mouth. I've also heard of others developing psych issues like depression, hallucinations, etc. And of course there's the dreaded SJS/TEN. Do yourself a favor and don't google that.

>SJS/TEN
>Do yourself a favor and don't google that.

OHH YOU MOTHERFUCKER I LOOKED THAT SHIT UP, THANKS FOR THE UPCOMING NIGHTMARES user, I REALLY LOVE NIGHTMARES

Fascinating.

Nice fearmongering.

I'd be dead if I didn't use accutane.

I have some Tretinoin but havent bothered using it yet
My acne is pretty light but there is one area where ive had acne under my skin for years. They arent inflamed, it is hard to explain they just look like bumps

Is the Tretinoin any good or would I just be wasting my time?

You aren't doing enough research on alternative solutions before jumping on the wagon. Please, educate yourself.

Oh yeah, I didn't mention suicidal ideation, that's a possible side effect too.

It does an excellent job of getting rid of stubborn/persistent acne, it's just a dirty fucking drug. Is having clear skin worth the possible side effects to you? Any one adverse effect has a pretty low chance of occurring, but there's just so fucking many of them and so many severe/permanent ones that it's not worth the risk, to me.

>Oh yeah, I didn't mention suicidal ideation, that's a possible side effect too.

Literally no one is killing themselves from it.

What happened was some Senator's son killed himself while on accutane(for unknown reasons) and then he went crazy and decided it must be accutane. Dumb as fuck.

>Any one adverse effect has a pretty low chance of occurring, but there's just so fucking many of them and so many severe/permanent ones that it's not worth the risk, to me.

THE CHANCE IS INCREDIBLY LOW. AND YOU GET BLOOD TESTS EVERY MONTH WHILE ON IT! It's very worth it, stop spreading fearmongering shit.

If you have severe acne i'd highly recommend anyoen to get on it asap. you won't regret it, you don't need to keep suffering like I and many others have.

Yes, please listen to the accutane shill vs. the person who studied this shit for years and has a fucking doctorate degree.

Are you fucking stupid user. Retinoids are pretty much literally the best thing for your skin in so many ways.
Wrinkles, acne, pores, tone
Retinoids are proven, PROVEN to reverse photoaging (sun), and have been used for acne for years. God damn son, people like you make me sick.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2699641/ (search "acne",
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19363908
You could find way more if you bothered to put in some effort.

>Pharmacist
>Doctorate degree

Your job is literally counting pills and warning people not to drink alcohol/ask if they're pregnant and shit. You don't do shit faggot, stop spreading misinfo.

Besides do you have any proof of your credentials? so far it's all words on an anime imageboard.

Lets look at some "pharmacist" on an anime imageforum, VERSUS ENTIRE COMMUNITIES OF PEOPLE POSTING THEIR PROGRESS, BEFORE/AFTERS OF ACCUTANE USAGE AND DISCUSSING THEIR SIDE EFFECTS AND PROBLEMS THEY'VE HAD.

>AND YOU GET BLOOD TESTS EVERY MONTH WHILE ON IT!

What the fuck

>Me, years ago
>Go to doctor
>Get roaccutane
>Take it for a few months
>No more acne
>Never saw doctor a second time

This

>What the fuck

Idk, maybe negligible doctor or ur in a 3rd world country.

My doc had me start off at a lower dose to see how I react before increasing it and did like 3 blood tests over the course.

Pharmacists get "pharmD's" which are technically doctorates but really the majority of their classes are chemistry, ethics and practices, and some basic pharmacology.
So technically they are a doctor, but they never went to medical so they're really not.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Pharmacy#United_States

> An ACPE Accredited doctorate of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) is currently the only degree accepted by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) to be eligible to "sit" for the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX)

Done talking out your ass yet? There's a huge misconception in the public that all we do is count pills and robotically recite counseling points.

Patient advocacy and safety are literally our biggest concerns, I'm just trying to help people be aware of potential adverse effects that you are vehemently denying exist. Yes, it's great that you and millions of people have taken isotretinoin with little or no lasting adverse effects. That doesn't automatically discount all the horrible shit that CAN happen to people taking it, that's all I'm trying to do is make people aware of these potential side effects. So to try to make you happy, "accutane is safe and efficacious for a MAJORITY of people, but there are some possible side effects you should be aware of." How's that?

Point is that accutane isn't the healthiest thing for you, but the risk isn't as high as this guy is saying.

Ask someone with a REALLY fucked up face, who can't get a job, can't get a gf, can't make any friends and is a virgin whether he'd take his current face.

OR take 5-6 months of a "rough medication" which may have like 1/10,000 chance of giving him Chron's disease or ulcerative colitis or some shit.

>So to try to make you happy, "accutane is safe and efficacious for a MAJORITY of people, but there are some possible side effects you should be aware of." How's that?

Yes that makes me happier.

The reason why I'm upset is because i suffered for many years with this bullshit, and it was unnecessary.

The reason I suffered is because of "B-B-B-BUT U'LL GET THIS LIST OF UNRELATED DISEASES THAT A SMALL HANDFUL OF PEOPLE OUT OF MILLIONS GOT!". It's not proven, a LINK IS SUGGESTED, SUGGESTED. And compared to suffering with a fucked up face, taking the risk is worth it for most people.

My fucking acne, that I did EVERYTHING to get rid of - i followed all ur stupid shit ,I took your retarded creams and pills, changed my bedsheets twice a day, changed my pillow cases, drank more water, stopped drinking milk, ate tons of fruit. Nothing helped.

Then like magic, several months of accutane made my acne just disappear completely. I don't want people on this board to suffer like i did for so long, it mostly fucked up my life. I stopped going outside for years, during my DEVELOPMENTAL YEARS and it just fucked my shit up and made me have to go all the way back to learn everything people got from the beginning

>patient gets pancreatis and dies from topical concentrated form of vitamin A
Whatever you say.
>persistent dry skin
Use less often, use at night, wear sunscreen during day
>thin hair/premature balding
Are you applying it to you scalp?
>dry mouth
Are you applying it in your mouth?
>SJS/TEN
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018455/
>affecting approximately 1or 2/1,000,000 annually
> Drugs are assumed or identified as the main cause of SJS/TEN in most cases, but Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Herpes simplex virus infections are well documented causes
>Several drugs are at "high" risk of inducing TEN/SJS including: Allopurinol, Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole and other sulfonamide-antibiotics, aminopenicillins, cephalosporins, quinolones, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital and NSAID's of the oxicam-type

Please doctor, tell me more how your numerous classes in the ethical practices in phamarcy and pharmacotherapuetics have led you to these conclusions about tretinoin.

This.

>Dry skin
Probably doesn't moisturize enough, but yeah it is annoying.

>Thin hair
i dunno, I took some vitamins I read on reddit.com/r/accutane for help post-course and they restored my hair to normal.

I took a relatively high dose of 80mg every day and my shit was ANNOYING while on it, but manageable. People on lower doses I can't imagine their bitching when I got by fine mostly on such a high dose.

> An ACPE Accredited doctorate of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) is currently the only degree accepted by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) to be eligible to "sit" for the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX)
All that sentence means is that the pharmD program you went through must be accredited by that ACPE, because without it they're basically saying your degree is shit.

>doesn't understand how something taken systemically can have systemic effects

That really tells me all I need to know about your level of education. And for the record, we don't really talk about ethics in pharmacy school that much, we're too busy with anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, microbiology, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmaceutics, pharmacotherapy, and pharmacoeconomics.

I bet you haven't even graduated.

Probably some 3rd year undergrad cuck. Reminds me of the business students who talk like investment bankers on Veeky Forums

>reading comprehension, what is it?
The PharmD is the ONLY degree accepted to be eligible to sit for the licensure exam in the United States. Previously, people were able to get licensed with bachelor's degrees in pharmacy, but not any more. You HAVE to have a PharmD.

>vitamins post-course
Please tell me you kept a list of the stuff you took or a link to the post.

Graduated in May, taking the NAPLEX and MPJE next month. Been working at the same pharmacy for 7 years as a tech, intern, and now graduate pharmacist, soon to be full-fledged pharmacist.

who would let you graduate

Stop being such a risk-averse pussy. Accutane saves lives

Dermatologist here (allopathic/MD).
You are a clueless faggot.
>Inb4 "not a real doctor."
Stay mad, cuck :^)

Being risk-averse is LITERALLY our jobs. When the doctors are all gung-ho about starting a patient on a medication, we are the ones that have to look at that patient's profile to check for allergies, any interacting medications they may be on, documented disease states, etc. and figure out if it's safe for them to take it. We have to weigh cost vs benefit to even fill the prescription, then advise the patient so they can do the same analysis themselves to see if they want to take it.

Alright, you got me. Out of the 50 required courses, not counting electives, it looks like roughly 17 of the classes are what you said. This is not counting "applied" classes because you're not learning any thing new, just applying.
>sop.washington.edu/pharmd/program-info/curriculum/
considering that UW is pretty highly regarded in science and medicine, I doubt wherever you took it was any better.

You heard him guys.

It's better to suffer from severe acne for many years and end up attempting suicide 5 times by the time you're 23 than take a little risk

Since you haven't actually been to pharmacy school, you can't be expected to actually know what we learn in those classes, so I can excuse your ignorance in that respect. That curriculum has only ONE year-long course on ethics, and it's a combo Law/Ethics where I guarantee you it was at least 80/20 slanted towards the law part. So no, we don't spend that much time on pharmacy ethics, we spend the vast majority of our time learning about the human body and how different medications can affect it.

Cleared up my back, face is still clearing.. I did have a bad break it and cleared up but have a second more mild breakout which was probably more due to my razor

Sides so far:
Lips dry and chapped
Maybe a worse bowel but I've always had that effect from drinking things like coffee
Incredibly dry skin on my left arm
Sunburn even easier than before

I started on 20mg a day and now on 40mg a day.

Those who start on 50+ I feel bad for you, it's much better to ease into it

the moral of this thread seems to be:

> you can now fix your horrible, disgusting face
> but your horrible, disgusting personality remains

The acne made us this way

Yeah I know how that works
>Check out of hospital
>Two days with a doctor after surgery
>Get script from doctor
>Go to chemist
>Sit there debating whether this is the right product for me
>Ask personal questions in front of 15 people also waiting to see chemist
>Gets upset when I answer questions about sexual history with "I've discussed this with the doctor that wrote the script"
>Elderly woman behind turns and tells her friend she feels disgusted by my "obvious" past

THANKS PHARMACIST, I JUST WANT MY FUCKING CODEINE SO I CAN CRAWL IN BED AND FEEL LIKE SHIT

You're just putting words in my mouth in a retarded attempt at a strawman argument. I never said any of that. Like I said before, isotretinoin is one of the dirtiest drugs we dispense, to even dispense it you have to sign up for a REMS program called iPledge. Every drug has its risks and benefits, the ones that have HUGE risks have to be done through these types of risk evaluation programs, that should tell you how the medical profession feels about this drug. I'm just saying that it's important to weigh the risks vs benefits for every patient before taking such a potentially harmful drug. You're basically saying "there's no risk stop being such a pussy faggot" when there are A LOT of documented cases of some really nasty shit happening to people taking this drug. If the drug actually caused them is a whole other discussion, we just inform patients of all the potential side effects associated with the drug.

No pain no gain

We here on Veeky Forums inject bathtub chemicals into our asses to build muscle and lift heavy shit repeatedly and you think we should be risk averse to fixing terrible acne? Nah wrong forum for that, i think you might be looking for the old granny crotchet discussion forum

Sounds like a shitty pharmacist, sorry that had to happen to you. There's absolutely no reason to ask about sexual history for a codeine script, not even sure what the fuck that guy was doing. Also, at least in the US, we're legally required to have a separate counseling area where we can ask any necessary personal questions out of hearing distance of other customers.

>codiene for outpatient pain
>calls pharmacist "chemist"
>no HIPPA privacy measures

U.K./Aussie poster detected, opinion discarded. Heck, I'd probably be as mad as you if I had to deal with 3rd world healthcare too.

>3 months from now
>WTF Veeky Forums you guys told me to take this shit for my acne and now my skin is dying and sloughing off in chunks
>"stop being a pussy, at least you don't have acne"

Never change, Veeky Forums

Can confirm, I'm Australian.

"Counselling" ALWAYS happens in the line with everyone standing behind you listening in. Will always ask "is there anyone you will get anyone pregnant in the next 24 hours" no matter what the script.

I had a broken nose re-set and was told to fight the chemist over codeine.

iPledge is for girls and other patients not to dispense medication they aren't prescribed and shit about pregnancy since accutane is teratogenic, since you're a pharmacist then what should we take instead of accutane? I was on the fence for such a long time and bailed 2 years ago on it but took it up earlier this year after multiple studies and reviews have cake to a conclusion that it's a great drug with low risk as sides can be controlled or atleast managed and the links to diseases aren't proven but rather plausible. Please list me an alternative, I have had mild but extremely stubborn acne and as an adult it's humiliating, like many others in my situation I'm sure it's the last thing we try and are willing to take an informed risk

Sounds like a shithole.
"OI CUNT HERE'S YOUR SHITTER CREAM. YOU GONNA BUGGER ANY SLAGS?"

>Please list me an alternative

Not him but Accutane is the ONLY drug guaranteed and proven to actually fix your shit up.

Everything else is a waste of money and a bunch of bullshit honestly. It MIGHT fix it, but it's not proven and it's not even shown to have significant effects. Accutane is the best

Im on 10mg isotretinoin for the last 1 and a half month, because summer weather sucks here to be on it so I have to be on low dose (Greece). However my acne has faded A L O T. Early winter 2015 I was on 20mg for a week and go depressed, but that might've been school's fault. My doc said we're going 20mg again on September. Love that shit, I even used to have an oily face and now it's normal after all the dry skin.

I had to buy some heamorroid cream and it was a cluster fuck.

"How big are they? Have you tried bending over in front of a mirror? Can you come back with a photo? Oh don't mind the laughing girl behind you, she's just waiting for me to count her PCOS medications".

exactly. I was 20 every second day for a month, then 20 every day and finally 40 day one 20 day 2, hardly any sides

tfw 3 months in and only side is dry lips and nosebleeds, wew lad

Yeah iPledge is mainly to stop birth defects, but everyone getting isotretinoin, even males and females unable to reproduce, have to go through it. It sounds like you've done a good job of exploring your options and are way more informed than your average patient, so kudos for that. Some other options would be retin A cream, doxycycline, or adapalene. If you've tried a lot of other treatments and they haven't helped, I wouldn't be averse to isotretinoin, just be aware of the potential side effects.

Yes I was waiting for him to post a cited article wth something about tetracycline's which are an alternative, but not as effective as accutane as accutane is the only drug on the market which combats how acne is formed in all four mechanisms, I'll post a link when I finish gym if anyone is interested in a literature review

Honestly if people are seriously considering the drug then reading actual peer reviewed studies and talking to derma about these concerns are the way to go

That's honestly great, good for you and the millions like you who only get very mild or even no side effects. I was just using the worst case scenario for dramatic effect to illustrate my point, I don't really expect it to happen.

I think browsing r/accutane on reddit is enough to get yourself a great idea of how shit works and how it will go down.

10/10 hilarious thread

Between the Aussie banter and ass blasted fast food workers who don't understand evidence based medicine my sides are in orbit. Reminds me of an old misc thread debating vaccines where most of the anti-vaxxers were duped into admitting they were liberal arts majors still finishing their degrees

I imagine we'll look back at this treatment and regard it as barbaric when it comes to acne treatment. Whoever is the first person to discover a no sides acne CURE is going to be a very rich individual.

Prometheus have you researched any peer reviewed studies that account for a harsh testosterone drop when taking accutane?

Nothing mentioned in the reviews, whether or not they were looking for this or aware of it is another thing. Out of my own interest I'll have a look in a few hours though

i cant believe they are still prescribing this evil drug

Acta Derm Venereol. 2011 Jan;91(1):31-4.
Isotretinoin influences pituitary hormone levels in acne patients.

Karadag AS, Ertugrul DT, Tutal E, Akin KO.

Department of Dermatology, Yuzuncu yil University, 65300 Van, Turkey, E-mail: [email protected].
Abstract

Besides suppressing sebum production, the exact mechanism of action of isotretinoin in acne vulgaris is not known. Several hormones have been linked to the pathogenesis of acne. In this study, we investigated the effects of isotretinoin on the pituitary-adrenal axis, whose activity may be increased in acne. Various hormone systems were evaluated before and after 3 months of isotretinoin treatment in 47 acne patients. Free triiodothyronine (T3), thyroid-stimulating hormone and thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor antibody levels decreased significantly during isotretinoin treatment (p

I should have got my test levels checked before I went on, I want to see how dramatic this drop is. I'll check after it's all done though. It's interesting as I feel exactly the same in the gym 3 months into Accu making me think this T drop isn't that harsh when an individuals eating healthy, lifting and generally being active.

if anything it probably drops temporarily and then goes back to normal

Um, a side effect of the drug is increased facial hair growth? At least it was for me. I'm 19, started 2 months ago and couldn't grow a single hair to save my life now I have to save every two days or so to maintain a clean look.

for women yeah, not sure for men, could just be a combination of you being 19 so you are naturally growing more hair anyway and you're mistaking it to be accutane related