"Y'all mind if I'm uhhhhhhh totally revamp and revolutionize the American intermodal transportation system and defense...

>"Y'all mind if I'm uhhhhhhh totally revamp and revolutionize the American intermodal transportation system and defense network simultaneously"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Operation_in_the_Congo#End_of_the_Katangan_secession
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Truly the last great president.

>sure Churchill, that Mossadegh guy seems like a red
>sure Alan, that Arbenz guy sounds like a commie to me
>better nail that Lumumba fella too

Communist finger-pointing and witch hunting was and is detestable, but with the climate of the 1950s (especially with the soviet incursion of North Korea and the Viet Minh takeover which set up the Vietnam War) all past the crisis in Berlin it kind of made sense, as shitty as it was

Reminder that Lumumba was a tactless idiot threatening Soviet intervention at the Cold War's peak
>In an increasingly volatile mood, (Lumumba) demanded that the UN force be used to expel Belgian troops. After meeting him in LĂ©opoldville on 16 July, the head of the UN operation in the Congo, Ralph Bunche, an African-American awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his United Nations work, reported that 'Lumumba was crazy and that he reacted like a child'. The following day, Lumumba issued an ultimatum threatening that if the UN did not remove all Belgian troops from the Congo by midnight on 19 July, then he would invite the Soviet Union to intervene. At a time when Cold War rivalry was at one of its peaks, Lumumba's threats infuriated the United States and pitched the Congo into the middle of a Cold War confrontation

>nominated Earl Warren to scotus
>passed civil rights act of 1957
>sent national guard on little rock Arkansas over a few niggers
I DON'T like Ike

Go back to /pol/

I studied civil rights and we learned how Eisenhower regretted appointing that guy, also the Little Rock 9 was to prevent a riot, because the norm back then was for whites to go into black neighbourhoods and set fire to it all, not blacks to set fire to white neighbourhoods

>Belgians invade and occupy the most resource-rich parts of your country immediately after decolonization
>ask UN to do something about it
>they refuse
>ask Soviets to do something about it
>they say yes
>defending your country is now communist

Literally all three of them were commies who should have been deposed.

>WTF?! Why won't this peacekeeping force and the organisation behind said peacekeeping force just drive those other cunts out of my country?!

Also reminder that the UN operation in the Congo eventually ended the Katangan secession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Operation_in_the_Congo#End_of_the_Katangan_secession

Ike was the hero American needed at the time because it's citizens were pants on head retarded.

Considering it was opposition between superpowers, having the USSR be your main vein of support was obviously a terrible decision, they could have asked many other nations for support without going for the main one that was bullying and threatening western nations as it was

That's because based Kennedy showed up and fixed the problem.

Ike went out of his way to make sure Lumumba was dead before Kennedy got into office.

Right on all three counts.

Lumumba was still an idiot for attempting to turn his country into a Cold War battlefield

Correct.

Eisenhower made the mistake of allowing Katanganese secession and getting suckered into acting as an errand boy for Europoors

Lumumba made the mistake of not waiting out Ike.

Regret doesn't equal fixing it.
And it was because he nominated warren that the court wound up ruling the way it did in Brown V. Board of Educaiton which led to the little rock incident.

Brown v. Board is also one of the most significant civil rights cases in history so how is that a bad thing?

>Lumumba not a communist

>he thinks "civil rights" isn't a pretext for eroding civil liberties and democratic Sovereignty

He made a faustian deal like a retard and paid the price. He knew what he was doing and deliberately allied himself with the bad guys of the day because he though it would scare the west. Well it did and he ended up dead. Good work jackass

>Yo Eisenhower they be communists in cuba n shiet
>Eisenhower: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE