Quitting Meth and going to the gym

I would do meth every other weekend for 2 years. Im 2 weeks clean and just starting getting back in the gym lifting this week. I have 0 stamina now but I think Its going to be a long road. Has anyone else done this?

Not meth, but heroin.

Its absolutely not going to be easy. There will be days when all you can think about is getting high. You will convince yourself life is pointless and no good without getting high.
The key is to find a way to pull yourself away from that mindset when it starts creeping in. The sooner you nip the urges in the bud, the easier it will be.

Do some serious soul searching and meticulously plan ways to avoid getting stuck in thinking about it. Find someone you can talk to at a moments notice who will help remind you all this if you need it.

Good luck to both of you. Stay strong.

I shot heroin and coke for six years. Almost died multiple times. Collapsed every vein I could find. Got clean 8-6-15. I weighed like 135 pounds when I entered rehab. Now a week from being a year clean of everything. Weigh 185 pretty cut up. Just go after the gym like you did drugs and go to na it will help I promise

A pic from when I hit an artery with a speedball. Just stay clean dude and workout

Thanks guys I'm 6'4 262 lbs. it slowed my metabolism big time. I hope it comes back.

>I hit an artery with a speedball

how does that work exactly?

Recovering opiate addict here (mostly pills). What said is true. I mostly run (used to lift but didn't like it that much) and I've started running like I did drugs, as often as possible. Just over 30 days clean bruh. Hardest thing I've ever done, but it's either drugs forever or death. NA meetings help. Just remember Marathons/Gainzzz > drugs. The sense of achievement is greater than any drug. Stay strong bruh.

Stay clean and you'll notice your recovery times will RAPIDLY improve.

Uh well your veins flow into arterys and when you hit one the needle fills up like a regular shot but when you push it in it feels like your hand is literally on fire and swells up like so. This was one of my worst ones. I thought I was gonna lose my hand

Congrats user!!! You got this. Just quit everything, make sure you're getting a lot of water to help your body flush itself out. Be good to yourself, keep working out. You'll feel like you need to lift after a month. Keep it up!

Thanks man. I was never overweight-but it looks like when u starve your self for 3 days and eat like a horse for 10 it will fuck up your metabolism. Lifting 6 times a week.
1-chest/biceps
2-shoulders/traps/back
3-legs
Repeat and day off

^ is this a good workout plan

Shit now I want some meth, thx user

>tfw setting a deadlift goal and working towards it every week as hard as you can for 6+ months
>tfw putting your heart and soul into it and finally locking that shit out
tastes like pure fucking victory. what drugs could be better than this?

Thank you user I will do that.

I would not do back
the day after biceps, you will over work your biceps tendon and fuck something up

do chest shoulders triceps
back
legs
rest
rest

or a program in the sticky

focus on heavy lifts in the 5-8 rep range
focus on getting stronger

imagine that victory feeling every day

that's what meth is like

You used every other weekend and still have withdrawal symptoms? That doesn't seem normal to me man, but then again I was never addicted to meth.
I was addicted to U-47700, an RC opiate for a couple months. Used every hour or so. That was a WD from hell even with a long taper, but the worst thing was the Post Acute Withdrawal Symptom (PAWS). I literally didn't sleep for 6 days straight. It killed me. Massive amounts of alcohol and Ambien didn't help. I was blood tested right before I finished my taper and was found to have liver damage, and my drinking probably made it much worse.
My point is, you got this man. The insomnia will be the worst part. STOCKPILE media/projects ASAP that aren't physically demanding. Don't try to force yourself to sleep if you can't. Just kill the hours.
What really helped me was making a journal out of a notebook. I wrote a section for my diet, activities, things to look forward to, reasons not to shoot myself, etc. That really pulled me through it

Did Meth almost every day in yr 11 and 12, ausfag here it was hard stopping I would also take oxycodone at night I still went to gym and got a good foundation on muscle I stopped when I was 18 I took a year abroad and studied history and worked on a farm. It was hard but I'm 20 clean 100kg 12%bf and going to study law next year. It's a hard journey user I didn't do it by myself I had a large community of support around me (it started cause mum died in a car crash) and they really helped me and pulled me through it.

>every other weekend for 2 years
>2 weeks sober
so haven't you hit 2 weeks sober for 104 weeks in a row?
but either way best of luck breaking the habit.