Daily reminder that this is your body on Starting Strength

Daily reminder that this is your body on Starting Strength.

>those insertions

What's wrong with it?

Height/weight?

Retards.

Can you link routine? Also should I just do SL 5x5? Pros/cons?

>Implying anyone but Veeky Forumsizens care
>Implying that body isn't great by real world standards

No don't make the same mistake I made 5 sets of 5 is simply too much. You could get a significantly heavier squat with ss.

>Haha us crazy Veeky Forumsizens :^)

He is 5'10" 198lbs.

He's 185 in this picture.

There's no one on Veeky Forums that actually follows meme bro-split routines, right? Right?

Wouldn't more reps with SL 5x5 even though it's not in hypertrophy range, be better for hyper trophy? I'm going for aesthetics > strength

do greyskull lp

Do 3x8 ss then. On Fridays only do a few accessories like curls and shit for your arms.

Manlet detected

Instead of doing Mon/Wed/Fri, I have 4 days off work. Could I just do Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs then recover on the others or is that not optimal?

No, don't be an idiot.

You could do something like Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday though. Just need the rest days inbetween and two after your last day.

do 3x8 then

5x5 is that middle ground that targets both stregnth and hypertrpohy without periodization (ie easy to follow for anytone ).

Thinking of building strength with SS or SL 5x5 for 3-4 months then switching to PHUL. Is it any good?

were you athletic before? age?

Not the one you asked but, no and 18. I'm two months into SL and progress so far is 185 squat, 135 bench 225 DL. Is this decent for two months? 6'3 167lb btw

i would do at least 16 more weeks of a starter, more if you are continuing to progress with SS/SL , you have a tall frame and compound exercises are really important for you and your core. Technique is key with your frame. If you get stuck and you are truly at your limit with SS you could explore moving into an intermediate proggy. Make sure you eat enough, but i dont suggest the dirty bulk. Just keep adding +50-100 cal above TDEE a week until your fat deposits increase, then back off 200cal, get calipers or just measure your waist weekly. Reevaluate weekly to avoid surprises.

>Scrunched up shoulders to make traps look not dyel
>hiding twig arms
>covering bird chest

Used every trick in the book didn't you.

SL basically becomes SS though. the 5x5 thing is only while you can actually maintain it. it drops off usually between 100 and 120 kg depending on persons height and weight from anecdotal experiences, and then the shift to 1x5 from the 3x5 is usually about 10 to 15 kg heavier.

Yes, do that and see how you get on. The main thing is you get into the gym and lift weights. You can figure out your schedule then. Even 2 days a week to start is enough for a noob. Don't feel like you need to have this rock solid plan before you even walk in there. You'll figure shit out once you've been a couple times

I've been in kinda on/off but wanna get serious. I'm 18, 6'0, fat as fuck at 320. I'm a tard and haven't done 1rm yet but for 5x5 squat is at 165(was 190) bench 105. I'm on a 1500 deficit as well. My fear I guess is being like some people who go for ages and don't even hit other mode, I get that it'll take a while to lose all the fat but I want to make sure my routine is good.

Otter mode, on mobile sorry