Once you know how to build muscle it's actually really fast and easy

Once you know how to build muscle it's actually really fast and easy.

Anyone else waste their first year?

I'm still wasting time because I find it so difficult to eat enough

Share thine secret, brother

steroids

Linear progression, protien and good sleep.

The noob gains will run out, and the gains will slow down.

Always focus on progressive overload

>first year

kek been lifting for 5 years and i'm still dyel as fuck

Op here.

My mistake was that I took the notion of strength training too seriously. I have always lifted for strength and I very much neglected volume.

Now i realised you can't get stronger without big muscles I focused on volume.
Simply doing 100 reps of curls a week for example has made a big difference.

It's literally just a case of do more but for some reason first year me was a retard.

I currently run sheiko 3 day high load for reference.
Put on more muscle in the first month than I didn't the 6 months before stating it ;-;

Thanks G

Are you a girl? Because you sound like a bitch.

Bump

i started training bout 8 years ago and the memes were still the same then

> JUS DO COMPOUNDZ

> ISOLATION IS 4 NOOBS ENJOY NO GAINS.

biggest mistake of my fucking life is believing these retards.

you 100% must do isolation, it's not optional.

i am now spending YEARS trying to catch my arms up to the rest of my body.

i wish i could noose the cunt that told me this shit

lol you just need to do compounds that work your arms. chins, dips etc

you fell for the everything core meme

fuck u beat me to it
srsly not doing weighted chin ups and pull ups whats wrong wtih you

of course i did you retard

the fact of the matter is you need to isolate your arms 100% no options.

nigga unless you`re > 16 inch arms and been training for half a decade then don`t offer advice on this shit

i don`t wanna know your opinion based on your 12 weeks of SS, I`m telling you what I wish I was told when I started

DO ISOLATIONS.

you can hurp durp muh ss muh rippetoe all you want nigga atleast I hope one person reads this and is like

> yeah hes right I should still do isolation for my arms and shit.

How much? Like if I'm doing SS is weekly curls enough?

bump

curls 3x a week

cmon bro

biggest thing missing from SS is VOLUME

I do SS + accecs in the form of dips, pullups, and leg raises. Cutting now from 5'10" 205 to about... 175. Lost 10 pounds in a couple months.

Well yeah, that's why stronglifts suggests throwing in accessories a few weeks into the routine, or even earlier once you're comfortable with your main lifts. No one is saying isolation exercises are the devil (maybe some are, but they've got the wrong idea).

>ended cut too early last year

yes

Put on 20kg in a year. Bf stayed the same.

Trained to failure every single workout and only recently started doing anything resembling a programme just for strength gains

Yeah, I spent my first year lifting at a high rep with low weight

The best way to build mass as a natty:

>high volume (8-10 sets per muscle group)
>high frequency (hitting each muscle group 2x a week)
>low intensity (finishing each set feeling as though you could have easily cracked a few more reps out)

Make sure you do this
>For 6 weeks, followed by a 2 week deload (*ESSENTIAL*) then repeat
>On a calorie surplus, 1g protein per pound of bodyweight

Increase the weight very gradually, "strength equals mass" is a half-truth

If you would have read the actual book you'd know that rippetoe says that he won't talk about biceps curls and other arm isolations because HE ASSUMES YOU WILL DO THEM ANYWAY because every retard does them. How can you be so stupid and not throw in some arm isolations when doing SS?? It's beyod my comprehension how one can be THAT dense.

> finishing each set feeling as though you could have easily cracked a few more reps out
That can't be!
Broscience taught me that you need to tear your muscles apart by training to the limit, to make them heal and become stronger.

The thing that helped me the most was doing exercises that really stretched the muscles from their origin points.

Just look at muscles origin and insertion points and find exercises that could really stretch these muscles. Exercises like incline curls do this. tricep extensions that go under 90 degrees also work well.

However, with these exercises, there is a greater risk of rupturing and tearing the muscle, so you got to use a lower weight. Maybe something you can do with 15 - 30 reps.

This, i was about to write the same thing. I'd say high enough weights to actually put some strain on the muscle fibres, but low enough for controlled movements, not jerking the weight up and down with momentum

its literally stopping 2 reps short of complete failure, that's it.

8-10 sets per muscle group this goes for one sessiion per week or counting both?

For example on push day I do 3x5 flat bench, 4x12 incline dumbbell chest press, then shoulders and triceps.

Is this enough for chest? I am on PPLPPLx.

Per session.

>Anyone else waste their first year?
year and a half actually
was at like ~1pl8 bench, used a smith machine for squats, didn't deadlift, used a machine for ohp