Is Christianity the only historical religion?

Is Christianity the only historical religion?

Krishna, Buddha, Zeus, Odin ... these were not historical persons, they are mythical, or at least there's no proof.

But we have records of Jesus Christ (the Son of God) existing, even from his opponents.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HwhABtpl5Q8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon_witnesses
youtube.com/watch?v=5OeliMEW9Ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mohammed

>buddha
> not historical person

you are just an ignorant fuck.

What are the proof of Buddha existing?

Muhammed doesn't prove anything because he was just a man hearing hallucinations. At one point he said they came from Satan.

>Mohammed doesn't count because he wasn't actually a messiah unlike Jesus
Good job moving the goalpost

Frankly, if the claim of historical validity for Jesus is the amount of documents produce about him (most in Western antiquity) then we inherently need to admit the full historical validity of the Iliad (and it's Gods), the Vedas (same) and Tripitaka.

Mormonism.

Islam is not historical. It's a fantasy like Scientology. Some guy made some stuff up.

Christianity is different because the Son of God was also a concrete person living in the Roman Empire.

You're wrong. Anti-Christians and Jews mentioned Jesus.

See >Islam is not historical. It's a fantasy like Scientology. Some guy made some stuff up.
Same goes for the Mormon cult.

Rare indeed is it for Christcucks to so openly display their double standards and lack of intellectual rigor.

>Some guy made some stuff up.
And you couldn't argue the same about Jesus because...?
>A religion is not historical because I don't believe in its prophet to be the son of god
Can you define the idea of "historical" for me first? Because your post made it seem like it needs to have a prophet who's existance is provable and mohammed is the prophet of Islam, a religion by definition.

>And you couldn't argue the same about Jesus because...?
Because it's not about what he said, it's about who he was.
He was the Son of God. We have testimony of the resurrection.

>Anti-Christians and Jews mentioned Jesus.
And there are dozens of reports of the Hellenic gods among men.

Hell, youtube.com/watch?v=HwhABtpl5Q8

>We have testimony of the resurrection.
There is also testimony of Mohammed ascending into heaven.

There is testimony of Hermes leading the Greeks out of Troy to fight another day and of Eris tossing the Golden Apple for the prettiest one.

Also there are witnesses to Joseph Smith's golden plates: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon_witnesses

The ultimate proof of Christ is that only Christianity leads to a logically consistent worldview.

This thread became retarded really quickly

>Buddha
>Not historical
>Records of Jesus and not of Christians in general

lmao

We have plenty of retarded OP posts shilling a particular brand of idiocy? Why should this one stand out?

The trinity is literally the least logical religious doctrine of them all.

>Christianity is the only historical religion because it's the only religion I believe in

Christianity had a debate about whether Jesus's foreskin went to heaven before him or with him and whether they reunited. How does one derive a logical worldview from that?

cant wait until /pol/'s popularity wanes and these fucking christian retards leave Veeky Forums for good

10 years ago being a christian on most boards who have you ridiculed, now LARPing as christian is the norm

I prefer the debate in Barcelona, the one where the Christian king was forced to decide that Christianity did not in fact logically follow from Judaism.

this but unironically and then ironically once again.

I guess it's an American counter culture thing. Whatever is not dominant in society is picked up here. /pol/ was actually pretty left-wing before Obama was elected

>Krishna, Buddha, Zeus, Odin ... these were not historical persons
But it's not uncommon at all historically for rulers to be considered gods either during their lives or afterwards.

Only if you don't understand it.

>/pol/ was actually pretty left-wing before Obama was elected
you need to go back

it's fucking cancer, this contrarianism has to stop, I want my old Veeky Forums back

Nobody understands it. Christianity's most prominent theologians have deemed it a divine mystery for millennia.

But I do understand it. The Christainity is part and parcel of the Early Church Father's inability to count, which can be amply demonstrated by reading through Matthew's first chapter, and how his "three sets of 14 generations" in between important events has a grand total of 43 names in it. (And he has to chop out a few inconvenient generations from Chronicles to get even that far).

make me

>Buddha is not a historical person

That is correct. Buddha is a title bestowed on multiple historical persons. However there is far more evidence for the existence of Gautama than just about any ancient spiritual figure.

I understand the Trinity perfectly. It's very simple.

most retarded concept of any religion, ever

that's not rare at all. There's one or more of these idiots throwing their hat into the fray every time this topic comes up. Mere Christianity is a whole book about what you just described.

Only if you don't understand it.

10/10 thread

Usually they put at least some effort into hiding their nonsensical views.

Heh, yeah, water, ice, and steam right?

>Mere Christianity
youtube.com/watch?v=5OeliMEW9Ak

most retarded concept in any religion

Three Persons, one God. Why is it so hard to understand?