Planet fitness experiences/hate thread

Planet fitness experiences/hate thread

I don't train at planet fitness.

wish i stayed with planet fitness because holy fuck this new gym i go to this dude sounds like a fucking dying 90 year old man everytime he lifts and he makes this dying wailing sound everytime , every single fucking time he lifts. makes me want to snap his fucking neck.
and he's such a fucking obvious steroid user, its not even funny
chicken legs, walks around with a fucking back brace, throws weights everytime, and does nothing but bench, and looks like a fucking ugly retard with glasses, and tries to hide the fact he's bald with a retarded buzz cut and his face is ugly and retarded looking so he just looks even more retarded

Does he curl in the squat rack?

Ive walked into 2 different planet fitness gyms and both times they were serving Pizza at the front.

Theres no barbells there, only smith machines and dumbells that go till 65. But a shit load of treadmills.

Why the fuck would I sign up?

is it worth having no barbells in a fucking gym?

What is a lunk alarm?

It pisses me the fuck off that its supposed to be a "judgement free zone" and yet their entire shtick is hypocritically judging the shit out of so called "lunks"

when I was broke as fuck I worked out there because it was like $10/mo. Trying to do deadlifts in a smith machine was fucking awful.
At least at this one the db went to 100.
Very glad to not be working out there anymore. There was a few huge dudes there I'd see occasionally. I always wondered how they got so big lifting there because I made very little progress lifting in a smith machine for year.

saltiest fucking post I've read in a long time. You must be either fat or dyel

I go here because I don't want to pay the big bucks for a gym with my shit tier job.

But besides several lifters with HORRIBLE BO that are always fucking there when I lift, it's not that bad. Well that's if you can ignore the DBs only going up 75lbs and no racks...

I didn't think planet fitness was that bad. Cheap, and open 24/5, and pretty good hours on the weekend. I've had better gyms, but you can get a good workout at planet fitness.

while it was a planet fitness I never had any problems, but now its been bought as an Orange circuit gym and to my horror this morning there were no barbells anywhere. Now I'll have to deadlift that fat guy who's made no progress at all in a year

Been going there since I came back from college. My college gym kicked ass, but I don't plan on going back right now, so PF is it for me.

It's OK. Not the best, but I guess not the worst. Right now all I'm really focusing on is maintaining my gains due to other shit going on, and it works just fine for that. I don't think I could make serious progress there though. It's great that it's open 24/7 though

i actually enjoy this place a lot, I took some of my friends and they got a subscription as well, given, were not pro-lifters (I don't even lift) but is a good place if you're trying to lose weight, focus on your cardio and save some money.

It's this bullshit alarm that sounds off when someone makes loud grunting noises or is lifting heavy

the fuck is wrong with ThePress™

I don't train at planet fitness.

Triggered

WHAT A FUCKING DEAL

The reason planet fitness is so restrictive is because they don't want you to actually go.

There was a whole book written on their business model, which is wildly successful.

Any normal gym has to calculate the cost of equipment and maintenance and staff. They then look at how many people they can fit into the building without breaking fire codes, and charge a monthly fee to cover all of their costs + profit spread over that many people.

Planet Fitness have a totally different model. They want as many members as possible, but as fewer people as possible to actually use the gym. So their first step is to charge a fee that most people dont have to be talked into paying. A decent gym will charge $30+ a month, an excellent gym even more than that.

$10? It's so cheap you don't even need a sales pitch. Next you use marketing and introductory offers to get people to sign up; free pizza! Free bagels! Buy one membership get one free!

Their only goal is to get as many people to sign up as possible, knowing that the majority of them will never actually use the gym.

Part of ensuring the gym doesn't accidentally take off and their business models collapses when they have to start cancelling memberships because it's oversubscribed, is to have the lunk alarm, the no deadlifts policy, the no tank tops or water jugs allowed rules. Because they're targeting people who actually regularly use a gym.

Planet Fitness; come sign a contract for $10 a month then kindly fuck off and never return.

And the saddest part of all is that it's worked so well.

In short. They make the people who use gyms not want to use the gym. Then make high incentives to lazy fat people that dont really want to use a gym by lowering price and having fat accepting policy.

My point was really just that people yelling HURR PLANET FITNESS IS SO DUMB don't seem to realise that it's built that way on purpose and you're an idiot for even trying to work out somewhere where you're so obviously not wanted.

holy fuck.

>American_gym.jpg

fake?

Never looked at planet fitness before despite having one within walking distance of my house (I use my state subsidised uni gym instead), but thanks for explaining that so I don't even have to bother.

How many fucking memberships do they get to survive on $10 a month though that is pretty fucking impressive.