Bodybuilding and self worth

Okay Veeky Forums, Richard covers some very important topics in this video and it's really eye opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=oEO3Pcu0-ro

I feel a lot of people on this board are pursuing fitness for the wrong reasons. The primary goal is to look ripped and shredded, aesthetics over everything. To be ripped and shredded is one thing, but to have it take over our lives and hinder our ability to form relationships and gain self worth is literally a cancer that is so prominent in so many people on this board, including myself. It's at the point of almost being a mental disorder. People are encouraged to use steroids and look a certain way which severely hinders quality of life because it's set as such a high priority in our lives, which I'm now realizing.

From now on I intend to use bodybuilding as a means of creating a work ethic that puts me in the mindset to work hard in university studies as opposed as a means of looking good.

What do you think Veeky Forums? Have you taken bodybuilding out of context? Do you disagree?

100% agree. I also came to the conclusion a couple months back that I was lifting for the wrong reasons, looking up to Zyzz ect (i still respect the dude but ik now he did it for the wrong reasons). Glad someone made a thread on this topic.

I think you are autistic.
You literaly pick iron up and put it back down 1h per day and dont eat like shit to look ripped, dont act like its such a big thing because it isnt for anyone NONE autistic.

lol okay, maybe for you it seems like that, but maybe if you weren't so thick and narrow minded you'd realize that so many people lift for the reasons Richard and I discuss.

It's much more deeply rooted than 'picking up iron and eating right to look shredded' you retard.

>The primary goal is to look ripped and shredded, aesthetics over everything

not true for a large portion of non retarded people desu

>you'd realize that so many people lift for the reasons Richard and I discuss.
Barely anyone on this board has that mindset, and there's constant body dysmorphia threads for those that do.

Shill your shit elsewhere.

Not true for a large portion of people that already gave up on life

>what is strength
>what is staying healthy

anyone that isn't retarded knows that being below 10% bodyfat is not healthy and anybody that seeks to get that low without being a competitor is an idiot.

>not true for a large portion of non retarded people desu
>Barely anyone on this board has that mindset

Implying that most people who browse a south korean fishing board on the internet aren't somewhat socially retarded. They certainly make up the majority of Veeky Forums..

3 and a half minutes in and gave up this dude meanders around and does not know how to make a coherent argument

the 11000 people who liked the video as opposed to the 2000 people who disliked clearly disagree with you that it isn't a valid argument. You are the minority.

There are many natties on Veeky Forums though.

>le upboats means it's right XD

This is reddit tier trash and you are part of the problem. There are plenty of places where the fallacious dickriding of the majority is welcome, please shill elsewhere.

>going below 8% BF makes you unhealthy
>lowers your test
>makes your brittle

what a bunch of bro science bullshit. Going to 5% BF and below is the actual limit you retard. HOW you get there is also important, a slight caloric deficit wont kill your test. You wont get brittle or unhealthy from 7% BF

Lmao implying you aren't dickriding along with the same boat as the rest of the fitness industry. You're the blindsided one here buddy. Richard typically makes controversial videos and this is one of his most upvoted videos. If he was in the wrong, chances are he'd have 80% dislikes like his other videos. Kinda says something, don't ya think?

Implying you understand the mindset of people on Veeky Forums

most people just want to look good enough to attract attention from whichever gender they are attracted to, for that u don't need to be unhealthy levels of inshape

>statistical analysis says that fat people are judged by potential employers and get employed less

So the logical thing that the opposite is also true. Looking more healthy will show that you are at least not eating like a retard. Go a few steps above that and it shows that you take care of your body.

Not saying that being obese is acceptable, infact I think it shows poor character. Dieting down to below 8-10% however is stupid unless you're competing. Anywhere from 12-15% would be ideal as it would lower chances of atherosclerosis and heart conditions, giving you an aesthetic appeal without hindering your health.

>confirmation bias the post

thats not how arguments work dipshit. His video is not concise in anyway

Yeah, it says he's a talented bullshit artist who is making money with clickbait bullshit, assisted by shills such as yourself. Way to put words in my mouth about "the fitness industry" (or whatever boogeyman your broscience savior will rescue you from in exchange for views) too, I can tell you're an honest person with other people's best interests at heart. What a service you've done by spamming videos here that aim to sabotage people's progress by teaching them that hard work is a bad thing.

Richard Burgess is a known troll who spouts pseudoscience and terrible health advice for profit, and you're shilling for him. You're both bad people and this board is wise to your bullshit, try elsewhere. I'm sure there's some self hating vegan eating disorder tumblr out there that would be receptive to this tripe.

> Anywhere from 12-15% would be ideal as it would lower chances of atherosclerosis and heart conditions, giving you an aesthetic appeal without hindering your health.

Source?

You talk about me taking words out of your mouth when you literally just did the exact same thing.

> 'What a service you've done by spamming videos here that aim to sabotage people's progress'

You're taking everything that I'm saying out of context. In NO way am I saying that bodybuilding is bad, and progress isn't important. Bodybuilding is great. Progress is great. I'm meerly proposing that people are doing it for the wrong reasons, if anything I'm assisting in enlightening people to pull their heads out their ass which focus on the fantasy of bodybuilding giving them life fulfillment. Sure, it can be an accessory hobby that can be applied to other places in life, but to make it a full priority which you clearly do for the wrong reasons I feel, is wrong.

I'm proposing a controversial topic in the form of debate. You're just arrogant as fuck and can't see this.

>men should go no lower than 2 to 5 percent body fat, according to the American Council on Exercise.

So yea, he most likely says bs if he cannot provide a counter source for his claims.

Calling a shill a shill isn't arrogant. What I said is that Richard Burgess sells bullshit, and you are shilling his video. Both of those statements are true. And spare me the "right thing for the wrong reasons" sermon (as if there were any such thing as "wrong reasons"), your green hero makes money by being ignorantly self righteous; unless you're getting a shill commission you're doing the same for free. Surely you value your time more than that? Or are you just stirring shit recreationally until you're good enough to go pro like your malnourished hero?

But please, continue trying to "enlighten" me, you drooling felchzebra. I'm all ears.

Why is Green Goblin so big?