Linkies

How many of you kids are actually hodling past the 16th and not fall for the sell the news meme?

I dont see why chainlink wouldnt be a top 10 coin within 6 months

I dont see it pumping that hard on the 16th though, so theres no reason to sell yet

Chainlink will be worth hundreds by next year, I'm using my gains to get a place to live as a NEET

it has to pump before you can sell it

I don't think the 16th will be a sell the news situation at all.

is this actually possible, I'm really hoping it is since i only hold 1k link and i don't care if i have to hold it for 3 years for this to happen, but is it that possible that it could be worth hundreds by next year?

lol you sell when theres a no name conference...if you plan to sell at SIBOS...you will miss out when they start making announcements and there will be wide media coverage afterwards for exposure. make your decision wisely as I will be buying up as much as I can

only the ones who dont want gains

What is market cap

I've bought as much as I can. I'm not selling until I'm rich.

lol you sell any event. especially one that has been hyped as much as sibos.
sibos is the main driving point of the coordinated shilling. they will dump and buy back when it has settled

well the market cap could potentially increase, especially if that news about big banks pumping trillions into this shit proves to be true..... now i just wanted kind of a prediction...... no one expected ethereum to turn out the way it did, and if u invested even 200 dollars back in the day, u would've made hundreds of thousands

I don't think that's the case with SIBOS. It makes more sense in the context of "Big announcement!" events where the devs are keeping announcements a secret.

In the case of SIBOS what ChainLink is doing is a known quantity. SIBOS is really the launch pad to potential big news in the weeks following. I think "selling the dip" would be pretty misguided, considering that announcements could come out literally days after SIBOS that would cause a tremendous price spike.

LINK tokens are valuable because its potential applications with the banking system.If some bank adopts this technology, even a 10k linker could be very rich in 4-8 years

We might not make it to 16th

Lol no. 20k linkie here

It's ceiling is $100 and that's absolute best case scenario in far future

how much money do you guys have invested in link?

Once we stabilize I'll do some day trading again. But I'm not gonna specifically try selling before the conference. Fuck that meme.

why shouldnt it exceed that mark if enough money flows into it?

$100 is 35 billion market cap. That's the size of ETH now. It's potentially possible if crypto goes huge, but a pretty big stretch.

Not really considering we will probably test 1 trillion market cap BTC this coming year.

Brainlet detected. Devs begin releasing news after sibos.

I haven't decided yet if I keep my linkies for a week or a year.

>brainlet

The team has specifically stated that they will be announcing news after the conference and or during.

Have fun trying to buy back on a choked up singular exchange like Binance.

But the chances are I'm going for the lambo and not the volkswagen.

Anyone selling on the 16th is 100% confirmed for not being in the slack chat. They’ve confirmed that there won’t be any announcement at the conference, but that a big announcement is coming afterwards

>The team has specifically stated that they will be announcing news after the conference and or during
So in other words they have nothing to say until then. Keeping their investors hanging onto hope.
Very reassuring.

Phase 2? Thats the news.
Remember, rumor, news :^)

It won't be.
There isn't any news to sell, nor any rumor to buy.

There is only SIBOS, and the marketing opportunity it brings for Chainlink.

There is no rumor to buy or news to sell.
We know exactly what is going down at SIBOS: a practical use case demo by Chainlink.

The only thing that will change at SIBOS, is that suddenly hundreds of thousands of potential investors/users will become aware (or be reminded) of Chainlink.

if there is no announcement at sibos then the price of link will drop. good time to buy in again.

Crypto is still very much in its infancy.
The market cap of bitcoin has more than quadrupled this year alone.

>So in other words they have nothing to say until then. Keeping their investors hanging onto hope.
They're working on SIBOS though.

There's nothing to hope for when it comes to SIBOS, it's simply going to happen.

Why in the world would there be any announcement at SIBOS?

They're there to present the proof of concept, not to make announcements.
It's a marketing opportunity, not a fucking press conference.

The market didn't price this into the coin accurately: Some entities thought that SIBOS would house an announcement, which pushed the price further than it should have. If it's just a demo then SIBOS will present no development for LINK as they are not making major announcements between now and then as they have said in their slack, and if it was a use case of any real value they would be presenting for longer than half an hour to more than 30 people.

This will cause a process which pushes the price down to a bargain:
>People who bought to sell SIBOS news will sell, pushing price down a little
>This, in conjunction with the absence of a rise following the showcase, will cause the people who bought exclusively for SIBOS news to exit the market also
>People noticing a drop, as well as scalpers looking to exit then reenter at a better price, will sell somewhere around here, perhaps just before SIBOS if they are quick/smart
>Panic will ensue amongst the retards who buy high/sell low, and organised trade groups and whales will FUD the living shit out of the coin here to tank price

This will drop the price significantly below where it should be valued - Assuming they can successfully demonstrate what they are aiming to show, then the coin is still fundamentally as strong as it was pre-sibos, and at ico, and so on. Once volume starts to die down, whales will buy the dip, those planning to re-enter will do so, fomo will kick in and boost the price up, and LINK will stabilize around a more accurate price with blatant hype being less of a factor.

That's my outlook anyway.

>Some entities thought that SIBOS would house an announcement
What? Who?

>which pushed the price further than it should have
Source pls.

>If it's just a demo then SIBOS will present no development for LINK
Except for the hundreds of thousands of industry players who will suddenly become aware of the smart contract development between SWIFT and Chainlink, right?
You do realize this is a massive marketing opportunity, right?

>if it was a use case of any real value they would be presenting for longer than half an hour to more than 30 people
Well the presentation is 45 minutes, and the room houses 80 people at least.

Also, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Sorry Mr. Whale, I'll stop shutting down your cyclic P&D. Wouldn't mind an invite to your telegram/discord/slack though.

this is the likely scenario
this will only happen if there are no immediate announcements at/shortly(hours) after SIBOS presentation
how ever if there is, the dump will be cut short and we will depart for moon

>this will only happen if there are no immediate announcements at/shortly(hours) after SIBOS presentation
Why would there be immediate announcements?

common rationale for no PR so far has been "they're focusing on sibos" so now that they have their hands free, it could potentially be time for marketing strats

Except the team has already confirmed major news will be announced after Sibos.

Are you some kind of brainlet?

(((after)))

So they owe you announcements right after finishing the SIBOS event?

Let me guess, you're an OMG holder who has been spoiled by Jun constantly feeding into your desire for empty validation?

Are you spastic? He said it was unlikely in relation to the initial scenario, he was just expanding on the possibilities

If the news is huge, you think you can buy back during the feeding frenzy you fucking brainlet at a gain?

He's basically saying the price will tank if there aren't any announcements immediately after SIBOS.
See It's fucking ridiculous.

solid logic
i said nothing about guaranteed announcements. u asked why would there be, i gave u a guesstimate
im listing possibities, not expectations
stop foaming from the mouth kiddo

>last one to lose everything wins

>i said nothing about guaranteed announcements
You said the price was going to tank if there weren't any announcements immediately after SIBOS.

I haven't sold a single one yet. I expect it to break the 1$ soon.

What on earth are you expecting? That the devs finish SIBOS and tweet they have new partnerships, or made some massive technical developments, before even walking out of the fucking building?

There will be time before an announcement is made and in that time the market will move. Brainlet.

But the price will tank if there aren't any immediate announcements after SIBOS, and you're barring up like he said an announcement was concrete when he just listed it as a potential outcome. Are you shitposting on meth?

>being this delusional
wew lads

yes i said its likely
whats your reasoning why it wouldn't?
people are expecting massive things from sibos. there is the buy the rumors/sell the news mantra that applies here too, eventho there is not necessarily news to be had. this will plummet the price as this guy said

>But the price will tank if there aren't any immediate announcements after SIBOS
Why?

>you're barring up like he said an announcement was concrete when he just listed it as a potential outcome
I literally said he was claiming the price was going to drop IF there were no announcements.

Are you having a mental breakdown?

>whats your reasoning why it wouldn't?
Because nobody should be expecting any announcements right after SIBOS.

>people are expecting massive things from sibos
Yes: a live demo for SWIFT at its major conference.
That's the massive thing; the marketing opportunity is incredible.

Why are you adding stuff like announcements?

Because it's been priced in. You clearly haven't been reading the sentiment on discussion platforms. No I'm not going to go and find a handful of quotes for you you lazy shit, DYOR

>So they owe you announcements right after finishing the SIBOS event?
boy oh boy you've got me humming

Psst let the newfags learn. They haven't been around for the DGB presentation

>Because it's been priced in.
Hundreds of thousands of potential new investors and users who are about to learn about Chainlink at SIBOS have been priced in already?

That's not how it works.

>boy oh boy you've got me humming
SIBOS is huuuuuuuge.
There is no need to artificially add "... but only if they do announcements right after".

Presentation doesn't matter for the price you dense prick.
What matters are partnerships but that will come probably weeks after the conference.

DGB was a show&tell among many other companies.

LINK is the only one doing a proof of concept with/for SWIFT on one of the hottest fintech items in existence: smart contracts.

their community manager literally said there will be news after sibos, without mentioning time frame for said news
yeah, massive marketing opportunity but no-one is going to walk up to sergey right after his presentation and shake his hand " its a deal, lemme tweet it out" it will be the following days
during these days we will plummet hard

>Hundreds of thousands
>80

SIBOS is indeed huge, but the people there who just discover the product wont be able to funnel millions into it without further research and consideration. The drop after SIBOS Im talking about will occur in a 24-48 hour space. Partnerships and multi-million dollar investments arent decided on anywhere near that quick mate.

Then sell your fucking LINK faggot

>their community manager literally said there will be news after sibos, without mentioning time frame for said news
Well of course. News and developments will continue to come for years after SIBOS.
But there is no reason to expect any announcements in the immediate context of SIBOS.

The marketing opportunity from SIBOS is huge without needing any conditionals like "... but only if they do announcements right after".
That's retarded.

kiddo keep it down, adults are talking

L M A O
M
A
O

Yes, sure. Only the 80 people in the room during the demo will learn about Chainlink as a result of SIBOS.

And only about 200 people bought iphones after the 2007 Apple conference.

"no reason to expect" we'll see in a week who's right then, there is no way of knowing with certainty untill then, godspeed faggots

Hey dipshit no one gives a fuck about the three hundred LINK you fucking hold that you are chomping at the bit to make a five dollar profit on.

Any price movement shouldn't be predicated on "... only if they do announcements right after".

Realize how huge doing this demo at SIBOS is; anything else is just a cherry on top.

Holy shit you're missing the point.

>Partnership ops and retards who expect moon post sibos already priced in
>whales will fud immediately after
>Partnership op buyers will hodl
>retards will leave due to fud
>TIME WILL FUCKING PASS
>partnerships will happen, announcements will be made, link will moon

If you think the partnerships will happen instantly then sure, HODL like all the other A-Grade investors here, you'll make some money doing it anyway. Hope you're ready to see a big red -50% though.

See you on the moon brother, you know whats good.

t. 10k link hodl-enthusiast brokeboy

>If you think the partnerships will happen instantly then sure
Buddy, I've been trying to tell you all this time NOT TO EXPECT ANY CONCRETE SPECIFIC NEWS FROM SIBOS RIGHT AWAY.

The marketing opportunity alone from SIBOS is M A S S I V E; suddenly an entire industry will become that much more aware of an actual practical solution to one of the hottest items in fintech: smart contracts.

Literally have bowel movements where I make more money then you have this year to date.

Stay poor though.

That pic says you only have 2 LINK tokens though.

Just kidding, holy shit bro. Are you all in?

You're not the guy who stole my 20k LINK, are you?

Do you have downs? I own 2 different tokens on that address. 1 of them is ChainLink.

Why the fuck would I go all in on ERC20 tokens or hold fucking ETH? That is retarded. You hold majority BTC.

Disregard the first line, I didn't read your second line.

Actually not bad if true. Hope you're ready to hodl through the SIBOS shitstorm though.

>>Why the fuck would I go all in on ERC20 tokens
For profit purposes?

SIBOS was never meant to be an annoucement to the general public to drive up the price, it was meant to be a demonstration for potential customers (financial institutions interested in the technology, not cryptocurrency investors) who want to integrate ChainLink into their existing financial structure. The only "news" at SIBOS will be Sergey proving that they have a working, ready-for-use product.

This.

Like I said, it's a marketing opportunity, not a fucking press conference.

Your father didn't get rich by buying penny stocks, he got rich by buying blue chips.

Yeah dudes who didn't read what they were getting into with 4-5 digit LINK holdings dumping at market.

Buy up cheap LINK. None of it sounds like a bad thing.

How much did your first 904k cost? Presale I assume, but that's even more than 300ETH.

getting shaky hands boys, kinda keen to lock in some gains but the last few days have JUST'd me pretty hard

waiting for this btc gold bullshit to blow over so i can sell some of my link stack before SIBOS

280, bought some for a buddy so I gave him 20 ETH space on my presale.

500 ETH total presale and post crowdsale is my cost with a DCA of 13-14 cents.

off topic but I found your pubkey lmao, had to be sure you weren't larping

>Your father didn't get rich by buying penny stocks, he got rich by buying blue chips.
The alts hold a much higher reward potential though.
Especially the promising ones like LINK.

Nice work, user, best of luck with everything.

Holy shit thank you. It's not that hard to understand.

Dont blame you for not wanting to sell with a stack like that though, I wonder how much you'd shove the price down if you dumped. Get your Lambo loose a few times for me when you pick it up a year or so down the road brother

Most people getting into ICOs are playing with money they can't afford to lose. A couple grand and they usually buy based on what people on twitter or YouTube tells them to buy.

If we were on a strong uptrend, I would say buy any very hyped ICOs, when we are sideways, don't come in or buy Bitcoin.

Whale here. I plan on spreading FUD immediately after SIBOS and buying all your bags. Thanks in advance.

I know the ICO market is shit, but no chance in hell I'm missing out on one of the most promising alts I ever laid eyes on.

I wasn't exactly all-in when I bought the presale and ICO, but I did have to go all-in after I lost 20k LINK two weeks ago.

What is your price prediction for EoY and mid-2018? At what point should one consider selling some holdings? Thanks.

I have no delusion about what is gonna happen during Sibos. People will sell, how bad it will be is anyone's guess.

I have my own personal exit points, if it doesn't reach close to it, the the tax burden I would pay wouldn't be worth the profit I make.

The only thing I can say is that regardless of the FUD and the shilling, SmartContract.com is in a very good timeline, not so much for crypto as a whole, but it is in a good timeline where many of the puzzle pieces are falling in place for it.

Would I go balls deep on another ICO that promises the same thing but with a better marketing team? Probably.

But time in market is always better then timing the market.

Mid 2018 if we get actual integration/adoption news, 3-5 dollars. If the node system is profitable and the rewards are good, 5-8 dollars.

There won't be another ICO that promises the same thing, Sergey already has patents for some of the key messaging concepts involved in Smart Oracles

Let us be realistic here, I will bet a lot of LINK that shit has no real connection the LINK Sergey and even if it did, Google owns all the patents.

Until there is a solid connection that it is our Sergey Nazarov, it is retarded fake shilling.

People will believe anything if they delusional enough.

There is a thread on here where one of the largest IT companies in the world put out a report mentioning Sergey and SmartContract.com by name and no one is shilling that yet they will shill some retarded patent that has no solid connection because they want to believe the unbelievable.

>There is a thread on here where one of the largest IT companies in the world put out a report mentioning Sergey and SmartContract.com by name
I made that thread.

Only found that pdf because I was researching Chainlink on sites from my home country of Belgium, where SWIFT is headquartered.

Yeah those dumb fucks sometimes do more harm than good.

Don't spam anything before you confirm it's true.

It is a phenomenal find

Yeah believe me, I want to believe that patent shit. Every time LINK moves a cent I make 13000 USD, but unsubstantiated and possibly very fake shit like that is dangerous and harmful to the overall growth.

I also found this weeks ago.

The more I research this, the more excited I get.

I think a demo would be huge since Link sounds too good to be true right now. Proof of concept would spike the price. Can you imagine if Link does the demo then fucks up somewhere?

Good idea, but I think anything they can prove in the demo right now has already been proven by the SWIFT partnership. They may take it as a chance to unveil new tech though, but it seems unlikely to me at this stage.