How in the fuck are there so many people at my high school benching over 300lbs...

How in the fuck are there so many people at my high school benching over 300lbs? I'm a senior and I've been stuck at 270 for six mo the now. There are almost 10 guys on my football team that can bench over 300. 4 of them are only sophomores and one of them puts up 345 at a 198lb body weight. We even have a freshmen that can get 290. What the fuck gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BISVRJ6g-nk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good genetics, fat, or roids.

literally this

the fat ones won't bench 300 anymore when they finally do the first cut of their lives (literally me)

genetics is a meme

or they're roided as fuck which is a pretty awful decision to make at such a young age

instagram.com/p/BISVRJ6g-nk/

They train from child.

Not necessarily for bench pressing, but just being active in general.

That said, there's no reason for why you shouldn't get a 300+ bench as long as you train hard and eat right.

idk man maybe they been train everyday since a child with good coaching brah............

kids been doing 200 pushups every night since 6 years old probably

they're on the team for a reason

high school football is literally riddled with closet steroid use. don't beat yourself up over it.

lmao I love how this board makes fun of fat people who blame genetics on why they can't lose weight
But the moment somebody looks or performs better than you clowns go MUH STEROIDS

pathetic keep making excuses

Read what you just posted

A centimeter difference in muscle insertion point can make a difference of 50% in torque for the same contractIle force of the muscle.

I.e, just good insertion points can make you 50% stronger for two otherwise identical people.

Genetics aren't a meme, but they'really a bitch.

>genetics is a meme
lol, the most important factor is a meme?

How old is high school in the USA? Even if they had been lifting from age 16 I I wouldn't think many kids at 17-18 could bench 140kg. But are we talking for reps here? When someone asks what I bench I mean something I could comfortably bench 3-4 reps of with no spotter. If you're talking 1rm with a spotter helping you off the rack and the whole way back up then it's not a surprise. Kids that age aren't about size or form they're about the numbers.

>Even if they had been lifting from age 16
I would have thought they'd have started earlier!
Not being American, it's hard for me to guess, but I imagine these 300 lbs-benchers are the American equivalent of the kids who play soccer with their mates on their free time on top of going to soccer practice two-three times a week. I'd imagine they'd start training at 10 years old or even earlier.

Are there any Yanks around who haven't spent their entire childhoods in front of a computer who can weigh in on this topic? This is intriguing.

yes highschool kids are benching 300lbs purely due to genetics good meme memechan

High school is 14-18 years old. Yeah our football players typically can bench 300+ because if they want to try to go pro, one of the stats they have to get good at is how many reps of 2pl8 bench they can do. Not sure how many most pros can do but when I was in college I saw one of the players rep lmao1pl8 50 times as a warmup.

It's not that hard. I could bench 315 at 19, and I trained like fucking shit when I started.

Not only does someone have a chip on their shoulder but also they suffer from a lack of reading comprehension.

Genetics aren't a meme.

The low end is generally 8-12 reps for the smaller guys. I think the combine record is like 38 or maybe 40 reps of 2pl8 for the 280+lbs lineman.

My class was weak. My senior year we only had one guy in my class bench 300. The junior class had 4 and sophomore class had 4. There were also several guys at 295 bench, and two freshmen getting over 275. My class was pretty good with squat though, several guys could get over 4plate, but the strongest was a sophomore who did 495, shit was insane

As far as I understand, how you perform in high school football could make or break your college career and subsequently your chance to have a pro career, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them did indeed pin.

my guess? either not eating or sleeping enough. muscle can only be so strong before you need to make more (aka gain weight)
nah i know a dude who can bench 400, it's just taken him 6 or 7 years.

good post. muscle strength varies according to cross sectional area so this makes sense

you ever heard of steroids pal?

Genetics (including being fuckhueg), ronz, hard fucking work, and maybe a little help from the spotters.

These kids start lifting at least in middle school (age 12-14). Many kids enter in their freshman year benching 2plate.

t. Fresh out of HS

I'm 6ft 165 lbs. Should 315lbs be something I should aspire for? Been lifting for two years now and my max bench is 176lbs for a double.

We're not talking about an adult tho