Physiques and fighting

after insane studying I have found out that having a long limbed skinny body is more beneficial to fighting than being a stocky manlet with an aesthetic physique. fighters like anderson silva, jon jones, michael venom page all look skinny at their weightclasses compared to other stocky wrestlers they've fought and they're legends.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_in_sports
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you ever consider that they are counter-strikers Except for jon Jones really. Id say it it has more to do with their style vs their body type.
T. Lanklet

you're right, I was just wondering if there are any advantages in having a more stocky bodytype with shorter limbs. you just lose reach.

t. lanklet op

People generally say people with stocky bodytypes have more power and are usually "infighters" and are said to sometimes be more explosive. For example, yesterday woodley knocked out the taller lawler.

yeah, just looked at that fight. I guess you got short fat guys like Mark Hunt that just knock people out in one punch.

short arms + broad shoulders = harder hitter

but reach is a bigger advantage.

It's got more to do with how much weight they can put back after the weigh-in
Generally, taller fighters have more drastic cuts so when they drink water and shit after the weigh-in they can gain back quite a lot of weight

If I'm not clear you can read about how mcgregor gains back weight before his fights in the feather weight class

All things aside it all comes down to skill. To guys of the same weight class are physically going to have most of their stats balanced. Typically the shorter dude is always the strongest in his weight class because he can pack on more muscle and not weigh as much. Shorter dude could potentially be more agile/quick. Tall lanklets are obviously much weaker for their weight class considering they have a much higher weight potential than the short dude, but have their own set of advantages like reach and leverage.

Except now that Jones got BTFO of UFC a stocky manlet is officially the best pound for pound fighter lmao.

My boxing trainers words: "Short reach or long reach, I tell both fighters they have the advantage."

It's about how you play it. If the lanklet keeps fighting on the outside, the fight is his. If manlet gets inside to land powerful hooks and uppercuts, the fight is also his.

> Long limbed skinny body
> more beneficial for fighting

Just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're gonna be a good fighter.

Your body type and style is most important, a short dude is usually an infighter and a tall skinny guy uses distance to his advantage

There is no ideal body for fighting. The most important thing is technique.

The reason fighters who do a lot of strength training lose is because they don't spend as much time practicing their technique. It isn't because the other guy's body is more ideal.

broad shoulders =/= harder hitter, it's actually the opposite

it works like holding a battering ram close to your body, the closer your arms are to your center of mass, the less energy required to generate force and therefore the more force can be generated with the same muscle strength.

Having a long limbed skinny body may be more beneficial relative to others in their own weightclass, but not for a fag like you out on the streets.

Do you mean like Tommy Hearns? Sure enough, he murked Duran, but he got banged like a gong by Hagler.

who's going to win the rematch? I bet McGregor is gonna pay Nate +$2 million to throw the fight.

>won against a lightweight
>lost against a middleweight
really makes you think huh

>lanklets automatically better fighters just because of physics

As if manlets needed another reason to hate themselves lol

McGregor won't make the same mistake like last time, he won't gas out. it will probably last all rounds and the judges will gift him a decision win.

Tyson disagrees

>7 times world champion across 5 weight classes
>continues the match against hagler after shattering his right hand

Roy Jones Jr. was the last heavyweight boxing champion under 6'0

the average height of the last five champions is like 6'6

>gas out
You mean get paid to "gas out", right?

then how come earnie shavers and george foreman were broad guys?

Did this work a while back with top-ranked fighters, looks like a good place to drop it.

Boxer- 51 Flywt - 63.5'' tall and 112lbs for BMI of 19.5
Boxer- 54 Bntmwt - 66.2'' tall and 118lbs for BMI of 18.9
Boxer- 57 Fthrwt - 67'' tall and 126lbs for BMI of 19.7
Boxer- 61 Lightwt - 68.2'' tall and 135lbs for BMI of 20.4
Boxer- 67 Wltrwt - 69.3'' tall and 147lbs for BMI of 21.5
Boxer- 73 Mddlwt - 70.4'' tall and 160lbs for BMI of 22.7
Boxer- 76 Sp.Mddlwt - 72.2'' tall and 168lbs for BMI of 22.6
Boxer- 79 Lt.Hvywt - 72.7'' tall and 175lbs for BMI of 23.3
Boxer- 91 Crsrwt - 73.9'' tall and 200lbs for BMI of 25.8
Boxer- 91+ Hvywt - 76'' tall and 235lbs for BMI of 28.6
MMA- 57 Flywt - 66.4'' tall and 126lbs for BMI of 20
MMA- 61 Bntmwt - 67.2'' tall and 134lbs for BMI of 20.9
MMA- 66 Fthrwt - 68.2'' tall and 145lbs for BMI of 22
MMA- 70 Lightwt - 69'' tall and 154lbs for BMI of 22.8
MMA- 77 Wltrwt - 70.2'' tall and 170lbs for BMI of 24.2
MMA- 84 Mddlwt - 71.4'' tall and 185lbs for BMI of 25.5
MMA- 93 Lt.Hvywt - 72.8'' tall and 205lbs for BMI of 27.1
MMA-120 Hvywt - 75.7'' tall and 248lbs for BMI of 30.4

lanklets are more evolved, survival of the fittest

You're going to have to provide some further information, user.

because it's still possible to hit hard with broad shoulders, they're outliers, not the trend.

>Just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're gonna be a good fighter.

Nobody said that you retard. It's just more beneficial to be rangy

TIMING BEATS SPEED

PRECISION BEATS POWER

i'm a long limbed lanklet but it doesn't count for shit because i've got slow reflexes

>tfw heavyweight
>tfw 6"5 and 250

>:^)

and then he got rocked by a jab/cross combo and shot for a takedown.

shorter limbed fighters gain advantages in leverage. Mostly this applies to the wrestling component.

It is definitely advantageous in striking to be longer, yes. Its a case of diminishing returns however. Most of the obscenely tall fighters in combat sports have not been very successful.

I suspect the taller you get the worse coordination and balance gets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_in_sports