So i just purchased pic related a few days ago and while i wait for it...

So i just purchased pic related a few days ago and while i wait for it, I want to get an organized schedule ready so that i can practice properly.
Can anybody give me some advice on how I should go about exercising with this thing?
I can give links to training and conditioning videos in case you dont know how training with this kind of thing looks.
specs of the weapon here
woodenswords.com/product_p/m-s.steel.guard.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fvCBIxvEfzs
sca.org
youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBR2h-elgo&ved=0ahUKEwj407yziqDOAhUHbiYKHcJ0AyMQtwIIJzAE&usg=AFQjCNE0aSI8GmempZ5dYF2txT4bNAe3Lw&sig2=-MGXiU0MVaVqSMAYXPKBtA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gayest shit ive ever seen bro

Are you fucking serious? Fuck off you autist.

im just doing this for fun buddy, not expecting to get fucking huge or anything.

>weapon
Thats a toy my friend

just remember to break it off of the hardest materiel in the universe

Read the sticky

the type of weapon is inherently too dangerous for sparring whether it be metal or plastic, its not a nerf sword.

clearly this is a case for /asp/ergers.

Is that fucking plastic?

>only working out with lmao1katana
It's like you don't even want to make gains. I hope you have a weighted fedora to add resistance.

just find a medieval fighting group. using it for conditioning by oneself is bullshit, but sword fighting looks cool as fuck

I have the same montante. If you've ever played lacrosse, that's actually a big help, also doing a lot of wrist workouts tend to help you gain strength while you're cycling through the motions with it.

Post workout.
Can i train with a stick? Seems useful for wrists.

>katana

youtube.com/watch?v=fvCBIxvEfzs

Hans Talhoffer, Medieval Combat. Great for inspiration, just got to use your head a bit to figure it out

I already own The Art of the Two-Handed Sword, by Francesco Alfieri is that just as good?

>Studioforce

Read something translates from Achille Marozzo or Giacomo Di Grassi. That should be a german style waster but fuck germans, unless you wanna read Meyer.

I actually spar with it (hema)

M'lady

For fuck's sake OP, what are you doing?

You really want to play with wooden swords for fun?

Fine: sca.org
Find the group local to you, find out when and where the local Fighter Practice is, go, get put into armor, and learn the correct technique with rattan weapons. That thing you bought is just begging to get someone injured.

I actually think high rep conditioning in this manner would be bad for similar reasons why you don't do high rep cleans/snatches.

If you want to end up with flawless technique this is not the way to get it. Once you start to tire your technique will get sloppy and then you'll train sloppy technique into your muscle memory.

Better to do shorter sessions more often and use more generic exercises for conditioning.

I could poke him twice before the sword went down and another 5 times behind his back.

Fencing > any other meele weapon

Different swords have different applications, they came and went as other weapons and armor evolved over time.

A sword like OPs was typically be used against formations of spearmen and would be combined with a good coverage of armor.

Polearms > any sword
A montante is a polearm shaped like a sword

he wasnt exactly swinging it as fast as hes supposed to.
youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs

you're literally cringe. But I suppose japanese image boards suit a chuuni like you perfectly

Sign up at your local HEMA club. Learn how to actually use it and fight. It's great cardio and you'll be sweating like a waterfall just with the warmups.

If you got that purely for exercise you should have just got a poo in loo club.

There's a portuguese manual on how to use your type of sword (Montante) but I forgot the name.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBR2h-elgo&ved=0ahUKEwj407yziqDOAhUHbiYKHcJ0AyMQtwIIJzAE&usg=AFQjCNE0aSI8GmempZ5dYF2txT4bNAe3Lw&sig2=-MGXiU0MVaVqSMAYXPKBtA

Go hard or go home.

shouldnt that box be filled with diamonds tho?