>not swimming daily

whats your excuse fit?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/WN/teens-drown-wading-louisianas-red-river/story?id=11312631
youtube.com/watch?v=vRHCp9Wblro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aerobic cardio kils gains

Idk how to swim anaerobically

the place I know has a olympic pool in my city doesn't have a proper gym with free weights.

my dad almost drowned me several times when I was a kid
he was laughing and didn't understand that me crying was a sign of not wanting to die

can't swim in pools

I'm not a faggot

I'm black

I'm afraid of drowning

i'm big boned

I am swimming daily though, faggot.

I can keep myself afloat, but have no idea about technique. I know where to find the tools to learn, but I'm too afraid to embaress myself in front of the better swimmers at my uni pool. I just need to figure out how to breathe properly, (ie inhale to the side, exhale underwater) and I think I can figure the rest out, but I'm super afraid of lookib like an idiot. Especially while wearing Jammers and goggles.

i am poor but don't want aids public pools

I get so fucking dry

not really related to OP but can anyone help me?
Whenever I'm in the pool with my friends I fucking panic when they try to wrestle with my in the water,or hold my head down.I'm also really afraid of jumping off the towers and shit.
Is this normal?

I'm poolet, its too small to actually swim in.

This.
I can do good breathstroke, but I cant do conventional swimming without looking like a fish out of water.

I've never even attempted this stroke. I just try freestyle. Is breaststroke easy or like intuitive? Most forms look unnatural to me. I just want to be able to get from one place to the other as fast/efficiently as possible, and I kind of figured that would be freestyle.

I'm not a massive gains hating faggot

Next question

Breathstroke is much easier IMO, simple form that you really cant fuck up that much. And you wont look like a flailing fish as all of your limbs are under water.

>I have inexplicable urge to survive.
>Am I normal?
Pretty normal.

Have you tried to explain to your wrestling-no-homo friends that you actually dislike being wrestled while in water?

How does swimming kill gains?

maybe I'm just beyond normal humans,thanks man

Where the Fuck are you guys getting all of this free time?
I sleep 8 hours a day
I work 8 hours a day
I spend at least an hour on hygiene/meals/taking care of myself
I workout about an hour a day

That leaves me 6 hours M-F for hobbies/work prep/socializing.

Where are you guys finding the time for 2-3 hour gym routines? And what the fuck are you doing with all of these gains?

Remember, you dont find time, you make time.

used to swim about 1 year ago. still regret stopping and changing it for gym

Iktf, dude, I'm in a qimilar situation. I workout 4 times a week. On days I don't I've been swimming. So long as I don't do much else those days, I think I can recover and have a nice cardio day just fine.

How different does your body look?

I do make time. 7 hours of time. I guess what I'm saying, is, do you guys just only go to the gym? Just get of work, go to the gym, then go home? There's no way in hell I could workout anymore than I do already, while still maintaining more than one hobby and decent social health.

I like going to the gym/pool early morning, before work. Like 5:30-6:30 of high intensity workout. Really gets my day started and its nice having a nearly empty gym/pool. Plus I feel productive.

Because they're either uni students or NEETS that have nothing better to do with all the free time

I have a t-shirt tan and my body is absolutely covered in stretch marks.

I don't have the confidence at the minute to go shirtless in public for an extended period of time. I used to be part of a swim club and compete when I was in my teens, but now the thought of throwing my shorts on and getting into the pool fills me with anxiety.

I don't know how to swim so that's why.

>working out every day

Why not work out on every second day? And swim on the days off? An hour is more than enough.

Because i swam competitively for several years and my rotators are too easily injured now

Cardio on off days already. No pool near me.

I dont live near water or own a pool and my bathtub isnt big enough

iktf
>work ~60 hours a week
>commute 2 hrs
>5 hrs on hygiene
>workout 10
>sleep 50 hrs
these are all averages mind you but that leaves about 40 hours to myself a week. sounds like a lot but cramming in reading/gf/friends/sports/hobbies it gets overwhelming

>Not being able, or being to scared to swim
As someone who swam completely for most of my teen years, this has always been really weird and sad to me.

But I do, user. I've been swimming competitively since middle school (headed into uni in the fall) and I swim every day. Catch me in Tokyo 4 years from now.

>whats your excuse fit?
I get terrible rhinitis, lasts ~72 hours after each swimming session. Using noseclip reduces that to ~24 hours, but still it's fucking shitty not being able to breathe at night. So I gave up swimming a few years ago. Which sucks because it was basically the only sport I was ever good at, at my peak I was just a bit over 24s freestyle 50m.

How is swimming gonna injure your shoulders? How weak can a shoulder possibly be, you're literally pushing water

>not having 150IQ
>not getting into an ivy school
>not making 80k starting and up from there
>not being 1900 elo at chess
>not knowing how to do [random esoteric thing]
SO WEIRD AND SAD OMG EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE SKILLS I DO BUT WHAT I DON'T HAVE DOESN'T MATTER LOL

It'd call swimming one of the core skills (like riding a bike or speaking a foreign language), then again this set of skills that society decided everybody should know is pretty arbitrary. Why learn to swim instead of learning to do skydiving relative works? Why learn to ride a bike, not to skateboard? I guess being a decent swimmer can save your life, but I'm not even sure about that. People usually overestimate their ability and even very strong swimmers are absolutely wrecked by open water when the tide catches them...

Does cardio really kill gains?
New to this board and Its obviously a common meme but idk how real it is

i found the ignorant american who never swam in his life.the faster you push water the more resistance it gives you since it can't be compressed. you literally get taught this in junior highschool when you're like 13.
your ignorance is too much.

>didn't know how to swim when i was 9
>terrified of any depth of water above waist height
>school does swimming lessons when we turn 10
>get really stressed out about the embarassment that was on the way
>during the summer holidays my parents put me on a one week crash course
>massive confidence boost to me
>ended up swimming at least 4 times a week right through until i was 16
>became a lifeguard
>broke 2 bones in my hand
>got fat
>not been in a swimming pool in 6 years

I understand both sides of it, but sadly most adults have built up deep water to being the worst thing ever and aren't willing to make themselves vulnerable enough to learn how to swim. There's also the large number of adults who aren't near bodies of water, so don't see swimming as a vital or even beneficial skill.

> you are literaly pulling your body by rotating your shoulders for hours every day
> how is this going to ruin your shoulders?

Considering I live in the middle of a desert, no I don't consider swimming very important to learn

gives me really fucking dry skin plus now the closest pool to me is expensive and a 30 minute drive

i'll pick it up again if i live near one again

>I guess being a decent swimmer can save your life, but I'm not even sure about that.

so this doesnt happen to you
abcnews.go.com/WN/teens-drown-wading-louisianas-red-river/story?id=11312631

chlorine intoxication, eye irritation, nose and ear pain, the works

so are whales and thy swim erryday

i evolved to be a land whale

>Triggered ex-fatty who refused to go to the pool as a kid to learn how to swim

>swimming laps
>decide to take a breather, laying back against the wall at the shallow end of pool
>notice the guy in the lane next to mine is standing still, turned away from me, with his hands in front of him
>after about 20sec he faces his lane again and pushes off for another lap
>the smell of ammonia hits me hard

>find out pro swimmers piss in pools often, but for them it's different, they're swimming in huge pools, and they're not wearing regular trunks, they're jammed into elite suits that are a bitch to get on and off, and they're drinking fucktons of water
>michael phelps thinks "chlorine kills it" when in actuality it stinks up the pool and raises the room temperature if people keep doing it
>realize that I'll have to swim in the energy drink piss of wannabe elites if I want to swim in a lap pool

>ex-fatty

Fatty until proven otherwise.

It's fucking disgusting, but it's an inevitability. Any swimming pool will always have dirty cunts that'll piss in it. Even though most facilities have several sets of toilets available you get people that are too lazy to just get out and do things properly.

Just don't drink the water and make sure you've got a strong body wash for the shower.

Never go at a busy time in the summer, kids have been known to shit in the pool. Often doesn't get found until someone collides with the poop and informs the lifeguard to evacuate the pool too.

wtf I hate swimming now

>be a little faggot
>scared of water
>dad tries to fix by making you swim
>literally everyone does this
>instead of learning to cope you bitch out
>still scared of water

Why even live you little faggot??

At the pool I worked at, once a year, during the summer, they'd drain the pool entirely and the staff would work through the night to get the pool scrubbed clean and then re-filled and opened again at 6am the next day. Other than that you just hoped the filters took care of all the liquid.

I'm a teacher. Summers off. Holidays. 157 working days a year. Poor as shit... but, I've always been into intellectual pursuits over material possessions.

AB(swim)C(swim) to be honest, friends and family

I dont know how to cardio-swim apart from breaststroke

Also all that chlorine in the pool gives me nasty shit on my chest after some time

Also it is pretty time consuming

>Also it is pretty time consuming
Not really, it's one of the least time consuming cardio exercises out there in terms of calories burned v time.

it takes me around 2 minutes to stand up from my computer, dress up in shorts and running shoes and Im ready to go
it takes me around 30 minutes alone to pack my shit, drive to the next swimming pool and change into my speedos

not really worth those 89.4kcal extra burned per hour

I learned to swim by letting go of the wall for longer and longer periods of time while swimming lengths.Even today, I wouldn't trust my dad to save me from drowning.

I can't swim, and I'm too old to be taking swimming lessons or trying to paddle in a pool.

Doggy paddle isn't good exercise.

>old people paddling
>every YMCA pool ever

How old are you?

>I've always been into intellectual pursuits over material possessions.
>yfw

looking like a fish wouldn't be that bad if you want to swim though

name?

it doesn't, just eat more

So do I, and swimming is fucking easy.

>friends
>gfs
>hobbies
>Veeky Forums

lel you guys

youtube.com/watch?v=vRHCp9Wblro

Kek

gets in my nose and makes me feel like I'm going to puke.

>leave for work at 8:30
>in by 8:50
>get home at 5:20
>m w f, lift for bout an hour and a half
>t t s go swimming
>pool 10 mins away
>still tiem to play muh guitar and shtpost on intenet

feels good

>tfw when there's a pool that barely anyone knows about in walking distance from my house

They even have a sauna.

You're not supposed to look down when swimming, dipshit.

Who tf works out for 2-3 hours?

Being forced to swim on a team as a kid ruined swimming for me.

Also chlorine fucks my skin up

>I can't swim, and I'm too old to be taking swimming lessons
No you're not. I was a competitive swimmer growing up, and taught group and private swim lessons through high school and college. I taught two year Olds, 20 year olds, and 60 year Olds how to swim. I had one woman who was 85 and wanted to learn how to swim.

My back is full of scars my violent father has left behind.

Breathe out when you heads in the water. It's what you are supposed to do.

Yes you are moron. There's a reason in a pool with lanes that there are lines and T's on the bottom of the pool.

To answer the OP's quesiton 3-4 times a week is enough I think. Especially when I'm doing 90 minutes sessions each time.

>simple form that you really cant fuck up that much

7 years swimming instructor here. wut...

it's $100 a month, I wish I could afford that

put on a weighted vest and swim 10m

chlorine contact with skin decreases testosterone

you're making time to post on this board but you couldve swam instead

no excuses like the other guy said

>breath stroke

IT'S FUCKING BREAST

I dont have any arms or legs, i typed this with my dick

>month ago
>swimming half of pool length (25m) made me out of breat
>swimming entire length in 1 go was basically murder
>today
>doing laps for 30 minutes, then a little break and 20 minutes more

getting season pass for swimming pool was the best thing ive ever done for myself

pools constantly full of kebab, either drowning or trying to rape little kids.
either way too distracting for meaningful exercise

kek my dad did the same thing to me but i can swim just fine now. i only have a phobia of being underwater too long in the deep end because i used to lifeguard and i almost got drowned by a big black guy who wanted to grab me instead of the rescue tube.

fuck off

wtf

Did that Ruth Kazez 0 to 1650 program and it kicked ass, so fucking good. It's a lot less forgiving that Couch to 5k and is better for it.

My problem since finishing has been to find an intermediate program. I find I work best with structured programs with clear end goals, but I haven't found one yet. Working on things like my footwork in the meantime, going well so far.

Anyone know of such a program? I love dat swimman so I want to keep it up

I fell in a pool unsupervised when I was 3 and had to be pulled out. I don't know if that's why but I've never felt comfortable in the water. It took till age 19 to just do a dead man's float and age 20 to float on my back. I can sort of swim now.