Need some advice from Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

Story:
29 years old, 6'1. weighed 427 pounds last July. Down to 283 currently. Lost it all by calorie counting, and kickboxing for exercise coupled with resistance bands. 1700 calories typically, followed by 3 weeks of maintenance every 10 weeks

How should I continue forward? I have people saying I should start in a free weight program and hit a real gym while eating maintenance for healthy weight. Others are saying I should stay at my deficit, lose a majority of my body fat, then build my body up muscle mass.

Obviously I don't know shit considering I let myself get to 427 fucking pounds. what would you guys all recommend? picture is old and about 38 pounds heavier.

>kickboxing for exercise

>imagine a 400 lb man kickboxing

good job, you seem to have a good grasp on what it takes to lose weight and are committed to doing so. you could still lose another 60 or so pounds, but what i recommend is starting to use free weights while you continue losing weight

it's just hitting a bag. not against another person. big sweaty messy bitch
I guess I never really had a goal weight but I was looking around the 220 area. but I hate how shitty my upper body looks in a shirt on top of the fat still around my stomach and thighs. would i lift weights on my current deficit, would there really be any point in doing that aside from whatever metabolic increase I'd have?

You're too fat to do weights yet.

Wait until you're down to 200-250 lbs.

Maintain your deficit until then.

so you're saying cut the fat as much as i can, then rebuild everything from ground up ?

Not the guy you're replying to, but you should maintain a deficit even after you get to 200-250 but start weightlifting then as well.

Curious fatty , what do you eat ?

This is my first post on Veeky Forums and I just wanted to say that I respect you OP. Be proud and keep on.

It's more that you need to get down to a smaller size. Your sheer bulk will prevent you from doing many exercises effectively. I'd be concerned about injuries as well.

Focus on cardio and maintain your deficit for awhile longer yet, then start lifting while on the deficit once you're smaller. You should only start eating maintenance or bulk when you've reached a healthy bf% of around 15-20%.

You could lift weights as exercise but its not like its better than what you're already doing.

You may eventually want to lift weights and up your protein intake to try to avoid losing muscle instead of fat but like the other guy said, you're still 100lbs away from that being important.

If you want to build muscle, its quicker+easier to lose weight then start training than to do both at once.

So basically what said

really? lifting at 1700 calories?
14 ounces of chicken a day, california blend roasted. 4 cups of california blend, and then i kinda bounce around between steel cut oats, or bran cereal, and eggs. i should eat more vegetables, but i'm trying
thanks
true that, i've had to work out some back issues over the winter and some have popped up again recently
i hear ya, but is 190 pounds even plausible? I hate to pull out the whole big build thing but my family is pretty large build on the guys side.

Wow, mad respect man. Congrats on the 1 year /fit anniversary.

Eat some veggies and just keep doing what you're doing. It's working. Wait until you get down to a healthy body weight for your age and height and then start hitting the weights and up your protein intake.

Im no expert, but thats what I'd do. You're doing awesome, just keep going. Dont worry about loose skin either, just keep going. Though I might start saving up for surgery because you will probably need it once you're fit. Then you can focus on getting swole af. Check out Jesse Shand for motivation.

Keep going bro.

Jordan Grahm, Jon Salvo too

oh i'm hardly worried about loose skin, i'm not showing a terrible amount as i am, but of course that all can change as i get down there.

c25k and lift weights every other day and keep on that cut

OP unless you are prepared for the surgery to remove skin then you need to prepare your anus because you will be stuck with it.

You need to start building muscle now otherwise you will lose all the weight just to look like a fucking loose labia.

>inb4 hope solo

Add some fruit complete nutrition. Keep it going. We are going to make it!

Great job, been there done that however with less of a gap..
Do some weights but with very low or no weight (your body is enough) but its good to start getting form right and specially making your workouts fun.
Heck,I lost my weight with a brosplit for 1 year (didn't know fit before so gym assistant gave me the routine) and started SS from a vague builtfat'ish mode.
That was 3 years ago, close to making it

>be 6'3"
>38' waist
>belly and some mantits but no fat rolls or sagging, basically "pinchably" fat
>used to be athlete but settled down into uni with little lifting for a while
>decide to shape back up
>step on scale
>357 lbs

Is my scale broken or something? I look nothing like OP.

Lifting at deficient is just to keep as much muscle as possible, and it's a good way to learn how to properly lift before you start lifting heavier weights.

Also, 190 is definitely attainable but I don't know how much your excess skin will weigh because, sadly, you'll definitely have a lot of it.

no you are really fat

i wonder if all the extra skin goes away

Being tall does that. I don't know what it is. I'm 320 but people guess I'm around 250. And im still manlet status according to fit at 6'0. Just keep working brah, we're all gonna make it.

He probably isn't actually in OP's ballpark

typically no it doesn't.

Gj FAMALAM
Cut to around 100-110 kgs then go on any strength program. Anything that has you do compounds is great. Also, you have been blessed and cursed by your height. Learn how to do the compounds properly for your height (Google lifting for tall guys) and check out form videos ( Omar Isuf has great videos on form)
Also never run on the treadmill or do HIIT until you are 80kgs. Never do anything that will fuck up your joints. Until you have the muscle mass for it.

Remember.
>we're all gonna make it brah

Good job dude
We're all gonna make it

Depends, if u lose weight slowly enough the skin wont be left as loose and saggy as it would if you lose all the weight quickly, however he's best off just lifting weights once he hits about 230-250 to get some size going on.

It's gunna be a long as fuck journey and he's definitely gunna make it.

But also save up for skin surgery either way, just incase you end up with too much loose skin at your goal weight.

Take a picture, and post it. You're either gonna get a dose of reality and get told you're fat, or you're gonna be right and have different body shapes.

I started my lifting routine when I weighed 275 & was eating 1600-1800 cals/day on average. In 3/4 year I've lost 45 lbs and my current (one rep) maxes are 135/215/255/355, all while sticking to cutting diet. So yeah, you should be able to start a routine now.

Keep up the progress man

The loose skin bit is BS, yes, you'll have less loose skin when you reach your goal weight, but that's because you took longer to lose the weight and therefore your skin had more time to retract.

If OP loses it in 6 months then weights six months, he'll have the same or even less loose skin than if he did it half as quickly and took 12 months to lose the weight.

> 38' waist

you've measured wrong, unless you meant to type 48.

you are measuring around your hips at about belly button height, right?

you're not doing the woman waist aka under the ribs, right?

Waits*

Also OP, I lost 120lbs thanks to fit.

DO NOT EAT AT MAINTENANCE, YOU WILL MAKE 0 PROGRESS.

I wouldn't recommend lifting until you're around 50lbs from your goal. I lost 20, then started lifting, and after around 3-4 months I made no strength or size gains. It was incredibly demotivating to go the gym every day and achieve nothing more after several months of making great progress.

50lbs, to me, sounds like it'll give you enough time to make some gains, stall out, but still have plenty of time to practice your form and get ready for when you've finished cutting. Anymore and you're just increasing the amount of time you spend stalled.

Your top priority, by far, is cutting. Everything you do should be to help your cutting.

Feel free to ask me anything that's on your mind.