Why do french faggots get so triggered when they hear about the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE?

Why do french faggots get so triggered when they hear about the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richerus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why?

That map is wrong. The outlines of Swiss territory by 1400 look vastly different. Would you please tell the creator to go fuck himself and do it again?

Because you stole French's Roman identity and gave them your shitty Fr*nkish identity

French should have been the ones restoring the Roman Empire

bump

Why did the French never (re)adopt the name Gaul again?
Genuine question, although it might appear retarded to some. If the French revolutionaries wanted to break from the royal past then could have decided to change the name of the country altogether and claim a completely different and ancient heritage.
That could also have helped with their territorial demands since they basically wanted the borders of ancient Gaul, the Natural Borders.
Cartographers were using the name Gaul as a synonym for France for centuries and having France overlap with Gaul in writings wasn't uncommon.

Kinda Stockholm syndrome, by the time the Frenchies shook off their crypto-germanic noble overlords they had already assimilated into something new, aka French.

>Why did the French never (re)adopt the name Gaul again?
because the kings were franks, maybe??

He meant after 1789, when the Frankish dynasty finally ceased.

They tried several times but failed

As an example, a guy named Richer wrote an Historia congressus Gallorum (History of the Conflicts of the "Gauls") only using the names : Gauls(West of the Rhine), Belgians(Austrasians), Celts(Neustrians), Aquitans(Romans), but it wasn't followed by anyone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richerus

Guess it was easier to call Karl "Charlemagne" and come up with some trojan stories.

Oh. I've just heard that some people at the time considered this revolution as the overthrow of the Frankish opressors and the return of power to the Gauls but I don't know more about it. It is a shame indeed that it didn't return to being Gaul, that would have been great

They stayed with France for too long, no reason to go back after a thousand years of being called Frankish/French.

It still revived a re-appropriation of Gallic identity though.

>France will never rename itself to something along the lines of "Gaul," Gallia" or the "Gallic Republic."

At this point 'New Nigeria' would be more fitting

That be new-Mali, but thanks for trying fatty.

>
>
>

I dunno. You tell me.

>wicked
>barbarian
>anarchy

Were the gauls germanic or celtic?

Celtic, although the Belgae were Celto-Germanic.

Sorry, I didn't want to insult the new french

The what ?

>Why do french faggots get so triggered when they hear about the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE?
We don't.

Just don't talk about the 1519 election.

you mean the secular germanic confederation?