What does fit think of belts?

What does fit think of belts?
youtu.be/JkrPF0PX88c

Everybody is entitled to any opinion in this thread, regardless of what you squat.

Other urls found in this thread:

generalleathercraft.com/product/6-5mm-thick-3-leather-deadlift-belt-treated-pioneer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>using a crutch
enjoy being weak forever

I would say a belt is ok if you're squatting 85%+ of your 1RM

If you need a belt to lift anything lighter without messing up form then you need to remove some weight

i use em whenever im close to max 85% and above
pic related its the one i bought

Good way to get stronger in the long run.

As a man you probably won't need it for a while, but I absolutely think they're a good thing.

The claim is that belts engage the core more and cause your abdominal muscles to adapt more as a result and become stronger.
This is because you're engaging them by bracing against a surface.

Training with a belt definitely feels mechanically different and I can see this being truthful.

However not every body with authority agrees, such as Mike T.

I hope you can return that lad cause it's a little bit shitty

You want a thick faux leather 13mm belt

belts r gud. Learn how to brace without one, then throw one on for your last warmup or several and your work sets.

>You want a thick faux leather 13mm belt
Or indeed a real leather 13mm belt.

What belts are those?

Real life pricy nigga

When do they actually start becoming important? I'm only squatting 1pl8 at the moment so I feel like I'm a long way off from needing one, but presumably there will eventually be a point where it becomes a worthwhile investment.

There are a lot of stupid lifters out there - manlet's using 4" wide belts and 2 plate squatters using 13mm thick belts.

At 5' 9", I myself am a manlet. Latest numbers are: SQ: 425, BP: 345, DL 500. My belt: A 3" wide single prong plain treated belt that is 6.5mm thick.

generalleathercraft.com/product/6-5mm-thick-3-leather-deadlift-belt-treated-pioneer/

wahlanders, a swedish company very popular amongst swedish powerlifters

Somebody who squats more with a belt is stronger than somebody who squats less without a belt. Belts are anything but a crutch.

I've heard it helps to keep the waist small? Is there any truth to that?

I asked for an EliteFTS P2 from my wife for Xmas. EliteFTS canceled her order for no reason then when she discovered it, they rush shipped a new belt. In the confusion, they credited back the original purchase and never charged for the replacement. So I'm for belts because I got a free 13mm EliteFTS to do my mighty 275 squat in.

It's a meme.

Who here wants to participate in the Smolov jr challenge?

You run Smolov jr for every lift at the same time.

>tfw got a 4 inch belt that grinds into my hips in an extremely painful manner

using a belt for anything less than 3pl8 is just embarrassing. Above that, fair enough, you do you.

Expensive ones
I mean, you kinda have to feel that out at your own pace. There's a 66kg guy at my club, and he wears one for any squat over ~100kg, but myself personally, at 120kg don't really need one until 180kg+.

However, really just get one whenever you think you'll need it, it improves the quality of your training and makes you much stronger in the long run. You might just want to hold off because they're kind of expensive though, know that you'll stick with wanting to get as strong as possible.

Wear it higher, I wear mine super high for exactly that reason.

Are you me? I have the same belt and do the same thing as I approach my max.

I bet you spend most of your time in the gym self conscious as fuck about other people judging the shit you do. Enjoy your anxiety.

Just ordered one because I'm up to 355 reps for diddly, I haven't felt like I needed it for squat yet though I'm only doing reps of 295 for squat right now.

>train belted as soon as I hit 2pl8
>got to 130kg squat max
>relied on wrist wraps and belt a lot cause of grip and stuff
>decided I didn't like this
>de loaded back to 2pl8 without belt
>got a unbelted squat to 130kg
>dicked around with a belt for a bit and hit 150kg
>decided I didn't like the belt again
>did 140kg x 5 u belted after hardly training unbelted
>snapped my shit kek
>few months of rehab
>still fucked lower back but hitting 180kg with a belt just fine