Eating before work out

So normally I ussually have this as my breakfast + a shake. After that I wait like 1-2 hours and have a healthy meal, usually 1dl of rice + broccoli and ~150g of chicken breast. I though this was a good source of energy until a week ago.

So I pigged out with my gf on a whole pizza and got like disgustingly full, like nauseous.

When we came home I chilled for a while and then hit the gym after ~3 hours and jesus christ that work out was fucking amazing it was like I had gasoline in my veins or something.

I assume this is because I just had a shitload of carbs I could use from the pizza together with the other disgusting shit.

Since then I've been trying to increase the ammount of energy I can get out of my pre-work out meal but to no prevail. It just seems that I dont get as explosive when I eat clean. Is there any good source of energy that isn't pizza?

I've tryed more rice with the meal or lots of fruit and berries with it but it just doesnt work.

Help me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17174226
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It sounds like you aren't eating enough fat. Don't neglect fat. Try eating 3-4 eggs with a tablespoon of olive oil before you workout next time

>fatty artery-paralyzing food before exercising

You NEED fats in your diet. If you don't eat enough fat you're at high risk for being low test.

this one time i fuckin freaked out and ate half a deep dish pizza.

i ran 2 hours later and it was the best run of my life.

sounds like your inner chad is coming out

Ive been trying to figure out the nutrition required to ensure a good day for 2 years now.

Its crazy how one day you eat that pizza and its amazing then other days you have high expectations, eat the pizza, and the workout is trash and you just ate a disgusting amount of pizza with no benefits.

Imo OP, dont waste your time trying to figure it out. The body can be a huge troll.

Just be happy it happened.

Nuts/seeds post-workout, not eggs fried in oil

Olive oil dude lmfao what the fuck, it's filled with monunsaturated fat. You can even add the oil after. shit is 100 cal for a tablespoon. 70 calories per egg.

egg fat is one of the most healthy and beneficial, don't fall for the omega3 meme

>olive oil is healthy

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17174226

>making shit up

Pizza is pretty much mandatory on a bulk

Get on tren and pizza will become more important to you than air

Pretty much this OP.
One day I'll go fasted first thing in the AM, and slay my session.

Another day I'll do the same thing and only manage to go through the motions.

One day I'll walk into the gym feeling run down, then somehow walk out of there having achieved an amazing workout.

Another day I'll get 10 hours of sleep, take a pre workout, have a hearty pre gym meal, walk in there ready to have a good day, and then feel like straight death and put up shitty lifts.

The body is indeed a big faggy troll. Good workouts come and go, all you can do is follow your diet, follow your routine, and hope for the best.

Pasta and bolognese with fatty pig meat.

I usually get very tired when i eat a lot of that stuff so i myself avoid it on workout days.

Tren?

you've got CHAD genetics™ senpai, pizza for you is like spinach for popeye. don't fuck it up by becoming a beta and eating "clean"

maybe you just need more pasta in your diet. im not fit and dont know much about fitness just to be clear

eat potatoes, don't add oil or fat to them.

It's really crazy and it's hard to find out or narrow it down
my best guess would be that it depends on when your insulin spikes after consuming carbs + hormones being released like dopamine, etc etc

I had nothing but eggs, toast and cottage cheese before i went to the gym today and that meal was consumed like 3-4 hours prior

forgot to add that the workout was fuckin top tier

>10 subjects

WOAH DUDE

I don't know if it's just in the mediterranean but extra virgin olive oil is always used in everything, the only reason to use vegetable oil is when you're poor or need really high temperatures since at fucking high temperatures olive oil just smokes

I'm 20 years old and I've been using it all my life basically, my blood tests are all perfect.

mind sharing the recipe of pic related? looks good

So the exact same thing happened to me.
My dad and I went to grab lunch and we both ordered pizza, after that we ate some ice cream.
A couple hours later I did my routine and was easily able to do and extra series, had a crap ton of strength left.
I thought this was due to me eating fewer carbs the month prior to that since I was cutting.

what percent of your calories should come from fats?

>I'm 20 years old and I've been using it all my life basically, my blood tests are all perfect.

You routinely get your flow mediated dilation checked?

at least 20% to maintain optimal hormone production

Citation needed.

>you need fat for performance
l-m-a-o

that must be why every high level athlete eats mainly carbs right???

>Veeky Forumsizen discovered the secret of alpha natty gains. Chads hate him