Tfw starting to care less and less about lifting

>tfw starting to care less and less about lifting
>tfw realizing that the gym is not the most important thing in the world
>tfw your journey has come to a fork in the road

What is most important to you in life Veeky Forums? I've never cared about much before, but now I'm starting to want more and more than a big deadlift and abs. It feels weird just turning 23 and being so behind everyone else my age. I won't graduate until I'm 26, was an autist and fuckup in HS and before, but now I've calmed down a bit and know I want to be successful and have a good family one day.

When did you stop putting the gym as a priority? I feel embarassed...

Ah it's fine, I'm gonna guess you're somewhat new. At some point it just becomes something you do.

Why would you give up lifting to graduate college? You know most post-secondary institutions have gyms, right? Quit being a little bitch.

>the gym is not the most important thing in the world
Of course it's not, that doesn't mean you should stop. Getting my PhD in ChemE before 25 and I've never skipped a single session. You already have the habit you can focus on other things in your life without losing it.

I agree with you guys. I'll just balance it in with the rest of my life.

this

many people who start getting into lifting care too much, they put it in the middle of their life
you will learn that it is a tool that can help you

i am sure that you will regret it if you stop it

I feel similarly but for different reasons. I just don't feel like lifting is that big of a priority anymore. Any spare time I have for sports and fitness I've started to use on surfing again.

Yeah spot on. I don't bring up lifting to my friends at all unless it comes up. Let it become a part of who you are. If it becomes the focus then that's just sad. I can see maybe if you're trying to work through something (depression, breakup, whatever) it can be therapeutic to focus your days around lifting. But long term, don't become "the gym guy"

>tfw met qt
>tfw hung out multiple times
>tfw I really seems like she likes me a lot when we are together
>tfw last time we hung out for cock blocked by her best friend who's a guy (posted about it before)
>tfw we made out for 10 minutes when she walked me out to my truck
>tfw texted her last night
>tfw almost positive she was up
>tfw she still hasn't texted me back
>tfw I'm just over thinking and over reacting
>tfw despite her cuddling and kissing me and calling me baby I still feel as if she doesn't like me
>tfw I know she works 2 jobs and goes to college
>tfw little shit like her not responding pisses me off
>tfw thinking about just waiting For her to text me
>tfw hate playing games like this

>Getting my PhD in ChemE before 25 and I've never skipped a single session.

You have inspired me to hit the gym today despite having done all this coursework. Thanks user.

Threads like this make me scared for the future of my lifting journey.

I'm only a year in and loving it more than ever but I know that eventually that spark will die out.

I fear for that day and if I'll have it in me to continue going.

You're right to be afraid of the spark going out, because it will. You'll probably get to a point where you hate every minute of lifting (I've already hit it) but you don't let that stop you because the end goal is worth it.

Girls not responding piss me the fuck off too user.

It's definitely not them being too busy (I'm REALLY fucking busy and I always find time to reply the shitton of emails and whatsapp messages I get every day whether I'm in meetings, working or even while sometimes while I'm on a fucking stage).

It's either some stupid cosmo-girl tier game their fuckwitted friends convinced them to do or it's them being too nervous to reply.

Either of which pisses me off, last girl that ignored me came back with some bullshit excuse about running out of data a few hours later...I had picked up a cardio bunny in the mean time and stop messaging her entirely shortly afterwards. I'm kind of disappointed to be scrapping her because she was the whole package.

At the end of the day though I only have so much free time for dating and I'm not getting any younger.

>What is most important to you in life Veeky Forums?
To crush your enemies, and see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women

You hate it? I () find it's a nice reprieve, one of the few times during they day I can relax and be alone with my thoughts, been years and I still genuinely look forward to it even though I only focus on it for those few hours per week. Breaking a new PR still gives me a long term high.

Like I don't get it she seem really fucking Into me and the last time we hung out I could have had sex with her if her fuckboy bestfriend wasn't "drunk" hell she asked me user when are we hanging out again.

But from the sounds of it she is a shitty texter hell her fuckboy bestfriend even complaines how bad of a text she is. But still things like this make me iffy. And I'm the same way if I like someone enough I'll make time to respond to them when I'm taking a piss or something. But in trying to be calm cause this girl seems like the whole package to me. Her and I met on tinder
>inb4 she's a slut
It took me 2 fucking dates to get a kiss from her everyother girl I've met on tinder I fucked the first night. I'm thinking about asking her if she still uses tinder but idk I don't want to seem like a bitch. Like I stopped using tinder and just basically focus on her cause I feel there could be something between us but idk man

Shit happens man. Maybe she's making you wait (happens) maybe she was busy / forgot (also happens)

Yeah like I keep telling myself to chill cause I brought her coffee at her work and she doesn't keep her phone with her so it's understandable.. I just hate playing games like I know she's at work right now but the fact that she didn't text me back pisses me off. I just needa relax and shit.. Still considering asking if she still uses tinder tho lol I'm gonna assume she does

>tfw after years of lifting, and going into Olympic lifting, I see that lifting for anything outside of health isn't what I want
>tfw just want to play the violin for myself, and excel in my career

>I don't get it she seem really fucking Into me
I'm not being paranoid when I say it might be that she's dating someone else and keeping you as a backup (not paranoid because I do the same thing when I keep a girl I might like on ice; though by this I mean just being cold/neutral, I reply when I get a fucking message).

On the other hand it might be that she is just nervous about replying which I kind of doubt, like you said if you like the person you will reply asap even if it's a crappy short message (Option 3 of her not checking her phone often does not exist in this day and age).

Sucks that you got cockblokced, beta friends ruin shit for everybody including themselves. Best you can do is to make friends with him so you can tell him to fuck off next time without offending her. Worked for me once.

>But in trying to be calm cause this girl seems like the whole package to me
Girl in my case was the same thing, passionate, intelligent, very attractive, well read...at the end of the day though if her interest is sporadic she's either full of shit in playing games or trying to friendzone you, neither of which I have any interest in.

Also nothing wrong with tinder m8, never used it myself, but plenty of normal people use dating apps nowadays.

its great
you can go and just think about lifting and not all the other shit going on in your life
and still feel like youre doing something good
like meditation almost

>he's making you wait (happens)
Fuck her then, she should remember she's not the only girl on the planet.
>maybe she was busy / forgot (also happens)
This is almost equivalent to her saying "I have no interest in you, you're too forgettable/not important enough to warrant a reply".

A human being can simply not be physically or mentally healthy without some consistent form of physical activity. Given that, it makes sense that a lot of people enjoy the physical activity which gives you the most feedback for your time in terms of physical development. If you no longer enjoy that activity, that's fine, do something else, but you have to do something.

I was also thinking I was a back up. But when I'm with her she's always touching my arm or leg and is always by me. She calls me baby through texts and after every date she always asks when are we hanging out again. But when we do text she does seem interested. I truly hope she's not keeping me on the back burner. And I'm sure she's not trying to friendzone me the way her and I made out the previous time we hung out I know for sure she wants to fuck it's just her fuckboy bestfriend doesn't like me cause when I'm around she doesn't give him all the attention so he's got to ruin it.

And I know tinders not bad but I'm just curious to see if she is still using it cause I myself have stopped fucking around with other bitches cause I actually see something in her.. I just hate playing these type of games and shit lol

Life is just a series of phases, they can last six months or 50 years. If it's time to move on it's time to move on, just keep bits of every phase to make you a more well rounded person. before fit i programmed and got really deep into computers, now ie moved on but i still bend machines to my will when needed, stay active and eat smart, but if youre done making that the focus then accept it and move on

>But when I'm with her she's always touching my arm or leg and is always by me. She calls me baby through texts and after every date she always asks when are we hanging out again
Maybe she's just shameless about practicing on you? A lot of girls are like that sadly.

The thing is in your position you are not going to get friendzoned so if you really want to go for this girl push harder, even if you are being kept as a backup that's the best rcourse of action anyway.

>cause I myself have stopped fucking around with other bitches
Don't do that because A) it's good for practice B) untill you are officially exclusive dating other girls is normal.

Come on over to bwf, the bars are already warm.

I had this happen to me after 4 years lifting.

So I went from lifting 5-6 days a week to 3 days.

Ironically I'm the most muscular, leanest and strongest ever since I started lifting less and my life no longer revolved around it.

Yeah I have been pushing harder I pussyfoot around the first two time we hung out but the 3rd and 4th I didnt really hold back I just got cock blocked by her bestfriend...
>chilling on the couch drinking and watching a movie
>put my arm around her for cuddles
>not even 5 minutes pass and fuckboy looks over and sees my arm around her
>he says ohh let's finish that game we were playing and gets up to go get it
>her and I say no we are enjoying this movie
>he says ohh I don't feel well I'm going for a walk

I already told her next time we hang out he's not invited. Like I want to be cool
With him but he needs to stop being a fagget.

And as for me not talking to other bitches. I know I should still
Be talking to them but I don't feel it's right cause I actually like her and I feel like a prick if I do that. I mean yeah I still talk to other girls but it's not like I'm trying to fuck them

I'm fast approaching 30. Lifting, exercise and running are things i just do on my day to day, its a part of my life but its not central, im a bit of a narcissist i just like looking good and better than my co-workers its a petty argument and goal but its what gets me up into the gym every afternoon.

Whats important in life to me? Just have fun, enjoy your time with friends and sometimes strangers (except niggers) whats important to me is to keep my life style, stress free, child free and my income for me and no one else.

Dude, believe me, just forget that girl.

>except niggers

my sides went into orbit

You ever think that's because you lifted for 4 years lol?

>(except niggers)

>tfw stopped lifting 1.5 months ago
>gained all the bad weight i had dropped
>started lifting again 3 days ago
>can't even do half of my usual routine without almost passing out
>tfw i don't feel as motivated as i was a couple of months ago
a-at least im dating a thicc grill

It's okay bro I know that feel
>Finally hit 225 for sets of 10
>elbow tendinitis
>don't bench for a month
>beach today and struggle for 225 sets of 3

You should feel embarassed, instead of being able to balance your life you can seemingly only invest yourself into one thing. Have fun chasing the almighty dollar till your heart gives out because youre a fat piece of shit.

>tfw I've hit that point
>immense amounts of frustration when I keep hitting the same plateaus and have to deload
>frustration rises when I'm constantly hurting something (quad, hip flexor, back pain, rotator cuff, elbow)
>spend time doing other hobbies and interests
>all my lifts have dropped and it's hard to talk myself into going to the gym
>prefer to do other things when the weather is nice as opposed to going to tr gym

At least I'm here now I guess.

Well yes, but I am lifting about 40% less now-days and still looking much better.

If anything I was over-doing it in the first first few years and cutting back only improved my results.

>PHD
>25
h-how?

Not him, but I'll have a Master's degree in 2 years and I'm only 20. 3 more years for a PhD doesn't seem that hard. Depends on how fast you can get your research/paper done I guess. Not sure why you would want one so early in life though.

when you get older and your friends abandon you for pussy, you will have time for the gym cause it is one of the few productive things you can do by yourself.

How? A bachelor takes 4 years does it not? What age did you start?

Takes 4 years to get a bachelor if you do the standard amount of units per semester.

If you take on twice as many units (classes) you can do it in 2 years, even faster if you take on even more units.

For example.

>You can do upto 5 units per semester at my university
>There are 3 semesters per year
>Each unit is worth 12.5 credit points
>you need 300 credit points to get your bachelors.

If you're insanely smart, have all the time in the world, you can take on 5 units per semester and earn your Bachelors degree in 5 semesters, that's about 1.5 years.

You need to be incredibly intelligent + have no life + have elite level workload capacity for study.

i never get this mindset, i love going to the gym, its a passion for me, i love the way i can make my body the best that it can be. i despise missing days at the gym and it fucking kills me that im sick and have taken 4 days off in a row

She's just testing you, seeing how you act when things aren't going your way. Ignore it, let her text you. If she does, take her out and get laid - if she's still not giving up the pussy then it's time to drop her. Trust.

unless you have a timeturner, that'll rarely work out. [spoiler]too bad they're all broken[/spoiler]

I study in the UK, where a Bachelor's is 3 years, or you can go straight for a master's for 4 years. Kinda weird how I'm technically still an undergrad though.

Or you be like this one chick from Singapore who was 16. She apparently could have started when she was 15 but her parents decided that was too young. Asians, man...

>tfw don't know if I should take the long or short route
I want to get my Pharm.D., but I can't decide if I want to only take 2 years worth of pre-professional study and then apply for pharm school or graduate with a BS first. Obviously getting my bachelor's degree would allow for more flexibility in choosing a career if for whatever reason I end up not wanting to be a pharmacist after 10 years, but getting out of school and working two years earlier is really tempting.

My brother is almost done with his physic PhD and he turned 24 this year.
Mean while I'm 20 and only done one semster of my AAS in automotive...

you play violin professionaly? thats cool mang. only 19 but i've played since I was 8. Honestly has kept me from losing my shit sometimes

Spending 3-6 hours a week exercising is just part of a healthy lifestyle not some huge fucking dramatic deal you Ameriburgers

This. Just because you hit the gym doesn't mean it dominates your life OP. Some of us here actually have other interests, passions and motivations in life. Staying active and healthy is just a component of that. I mean honestly, how much does taking an hour of your time a few times a week set back in your life? Imagine how much of that you could have been spending doing absolutely nothing productive. In fact, you're probably already doing just that in other facets of your life where you could be devoting time to better yourself in other ways, you just don't pay as much attention.