Is lean bulking a fucking myth?

Is lean bulking a fucking myth?

I've been bulking for like 9-10 weeks now. And I've made some progress and gained about 5 pounds. But I've definitely brought my bodyfat percentage up a few points.

I thought I could stay somewhat lean during this. I'm only running a 250 calorie surplus, doing some light cardio, and doing intermittent fasting. As well as eating very clean. I've managed to cut 50lbs and I count calories, macros, and weigh all my food so I know my diet is on point.

But I'm still losing way to much definition in my abdominal. At this rate I'll be fat by Christmas.

I'm thinking about cutting for a few weeks and then trying a different diet. Maybe I'll try high protein, high fat, low carb.

you can't put on quality mass without putting on some fat

Lies

the goal when youre bulking is to actually work out, so you gain muscle mass, not just mass, fuck me man...
>bulking
>light cardio
yeah, what the fuck do you expect?

Are you suggesting OP is truly that retarded and isn't strenght training?

You'd be surprised how many people dont lift and just bulk/cut.

He wouldn't be the first one to try that here.

Yeah I keep hearing you can't add size without "some" fat. "Some" fat keeps getting thrown around.

But this is too fucking much. Unless my bodyfat percentage stays stagnant I'm going to have love handles and titties soon.

One can never assume what a given user might be thinking in cases like this.

i know a guy who did a 3 month cut without weightlifting because "you cant build muscle anyway if you are cutting"

>OP
>retarded

Well, that definitely never happens.

What are you lifting? Are you numbers going up consistently on a weekly basis?

>being that retarded

Him not answering the questions on his workout is definitely not a good sign

inb4 he deletes his thread

You guys are nuts. Of course I lift. 4 days a week, training for strength and volume.

Lift numbers have gone way up in the past few weeks. 40 pounds on my bench. 90 pounds on my deadlift. OHP up 25 pounds. Having some trouble with my squat but I'm working on it.

I think my body might be insulin sensitive or something. Probably from years of holding a steady 30.9BMI.

Ok, and you were lifting while you were cutting too? These aren't babby's first two months of strength training gains?

Cutting for the first 3 months I was in the gym. These numbers have been what I've done the past 8 weeks or so.

Steroids
If you want to bodybuild effectively you need steroids

Full body or split routine?

Ok, so now that we're past basic "OP is a retard" stuff, we need more info.

How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?
How much do you bench/squat/dead?
What's your workout program?
How many cals are you eating on lifting days?
How many cals on rest days?
Pictures help determine if you're just being overly sensitive about gaining weight also

>5lbs gained in 10 weeks

You're doing fine and most of what you're gaining is muscle and water retention.

5'4

136 currently. Previously was 140 at 18% bodyfat and cut down to 129 at 11% approximately

Bench 140, Squat, 180, Deadlift 275, OHP 100,

Currently a modified version of PHAT. Upper lower split. Lots of volume. Heavy compounds as well. Was previously on ICF for 4 months.

Eating 2400 calories on both lifting and rest days.

Defintely starting to look more puffy and my chest seems to be looking more like boobs just about everyday.

Pic is just something I threw together in paint real quick.

>5'4

5'4 lol fucking manlets kys

>5'4
YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT AND GENETIC GARBAGE YOU WILL DIE ALONE.
Good thing too we don't need anymore fucking manlets

Love you guys. Never change Veeky Forums

>5'4

>5 fucking 4
Do you need a diapie change lil Timmy lol fuck manlets

>5'4
kek'd

What are your lifts like? Has your squat and deadlift progressed? Doing enough upper body volume?

Diet can be on point but it ain't gonna mean shit if you aren't lifting enough.

Really liked the mid picture. Then I saw your height top fucking kek.

5'4

Just stop going to the gym you look ridiculous as it is.

>5'4
Pathetic you are no man you are a boy. Your genes are Shit virgin. Even petite women are taller then you how sad.

5'4
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

>5'4

5'4
No lifting will not get you laid manlet

a lean bulk is a regular bulk for people with great genetics

a dreamer bulk is a regular bulk for people with shit genetics

that's just how it is, don't feel bad about it. if you're an average guy with low test you will always gain at least as much fat as muscle during a bulk
why do you think juicing is so popular

I thought I was a manlet.

kill yourself my man

>manlet and ugly
You belong in the circus you freak

>5'4

Underage? Or genetic loser?

2400 calories is too much for someone your height, your calculations went wrong somewhere.

Oh shit, I thought I was a Manlet. My wife is taller than you

bulking is not for fat fucks

step 1) lean bulk for 8 months
step 2) slow cut for 4 months
step 3) thats how it works, some fat gain is inevitable

2 pounds per month is a lean bulk if you're a beginner, since you can only realistically put on 20-30 pounds of muscle in your first year as a natural (30 pounds is really pushing it). consult scoober's sheet about natural gains.

lean bulk at 2 pounds a month, cut when you dont like the way you look in the mirror. cut slowly. when you think youre lean enough, go back to lean bulking.

rinse and repeat.

i repeat, some fat gain is inevitable, now shut up and lift.

> thinks lean bulking is a myth
> is 5'4
> you might as well stop lifting then

How so? I've only gained about 5-6 pounds in ten weeks. Seems par for the course at .5lbs a week. All my TDEE calcs and MFP puts my TDEE at 2100 calories.

5'4, 19, M, working out for atleast 6 hours a week, and on my feet for 40 hours at my job.

>5'4, 19

You are a genetic failure. If I was in charge people like you would be gassed.

Alright, I guess my advice would be to do some more research on your diet.

In general, leangains people suggest cycling calories/carbs so that you're doing high carb/low fat on lifting days (in your case do them on the power days), high fat/low carb on rest days, and for the volume days something kind of in between. As for calories, you'd do over maintenance on lift days, and a little under on rest days.

If you just google "leangains bulking" there's a reddit thread, and a dude was also doing PHAT, gained about 20 lbs in a year, and it looked like almost all muscle.

Best of luck.

What the fuck is wrong with you fatass keks?

OP, just admit it. You have been bulking with fast food cuz you're a cheap jew. You're shit, your program is shit, and your nutrition is shit.

Nope famalam. Pretty bro diet over here. Brown rice and chicken. Oatmeal and Greek Yogurt. Peanut Butter and Wheat Bread.

>5'4"

5'4
You are an inferior creature that needs to be mercy killed

>5'4
LOL how did you manage to escape Willy wonkas chocolate factory

5'4
You are not even human you piece of Shit just give up manlets nobody will ever love your inferior genes

That's true and he wasn't so stupid. I mean he should have lifted but as long as he got enough protein it's not a disaster.

>5'4
Why did you even start lifting you insecure manlet with Napoleon syndrome. You will always be an overcompensating manlet

How long have you been bulking for? I think the biggest mistake people who are new to lifting make is doing long bulks. The amount of fat you gain during a bulk depends on how experienced you are. You don't know how to fully fatigue your muscles yet, you probably don't have your diet numbers right either. Just start a short cut, than a short bulk again.

Shiiiit...My wife's 10 year old son is taller than him!!!

and how is it to raise the son of another man ?

Manlets when will they learn

Travel and start living in asia or some south american country

you will feel much better

this is not trolling im 100% serious

CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THIS MANLET HATING

I'm a 4'10 man and ive always been shat on for it. please accept people like me and stop shitting on us. we're weak anyway, i could hardly curl a dumbbell bar when i started. just stop being fucking dicks

it's memes man, irl people wouldn't give you shit

no you wouldnt understand man. i went to one gym and had to leave because some 6' lanklet started getting all up and calling me shorty

next time throw a dumbbell to his balls

man have you tried visiting a sports nutritionist?

you know, a fucking professional who actually studied for years this subject?