Accutane

>tfw todays the day I start my course of accutane
>tfw derm told me the stories about crohns disease and ulcers are bullshit
>tfw the derm told me the hair thinning was temporary
>tfw the derm told me the stories about making you sterile were bullshit
>tfw still nervous

What am I in for brehs? He put me on 20mg because he says the dose doesn't matter and he doesn't undertsnd why doctors go full retard and give 60mg doses or higher as all they do is aggravate the side effects and the initial acne flare up.

Also he said that drinking in moderation is fine while on it! wtf is he right? Have I been meemed by others when they say no alcohol whatsoever?

I'm on month 6. 40mg dose. Best thing I ever did.

The initial flare up fucking sucked but stick with it. I've been drinking the whole time, just monitoring blood levels closely.

I can't believe how well it works. Good luck user.

How bad was the flare up user? And how long did it last for?

Honestly it was bad. Like I was almost in tears but it only lasted for like 2 weeks. In the long run its a small price to pay and you might not even have a reaction at all.

How bad was your acne before?

I got dry as fuck lips and some spontaneous nosebleeds about once a week, also a bit more blood on the toilet paper than there used to be. The worst side effect was the sore back, it hurt for about 5 minutes after standing up from a chair. 5 years on, not bald, no crohns, lips are back to normal, back is fine, no nosebleeds or rectal bleeding etc, and i'm still acne free. You'll probably be fine.

Pretty bad. Deep cystic shit that was super painful. I used to wear fucking makeup I was so embarrassed.

Thanks user

Don't be embarrassed, I used to help my boyfriend cover his cystic acne with makeup too. I wish more men would feel less insecure about this, it's not just for a women.

Best thing to do for god like skin. I wish I would of done it earlier

I went on it. I went batshit insane and ruined a relationship of mine. It messes with your mind, I heard. Other than that, acne went away.

>tfw acne came back
T-thanks, genetics.

im on day 5 of 80mg a day. my face burns and looks worse than when i started and im very very tired.......

>80mg

Why user

damn son youre leaving humanity behind

Okay brehs, about to take my first tablet

here goes nothing...

Took it back in high school and it went fine for me. Had super dry skin/lips but that's kind of what accutane is supposed to do as it shuts down your sebaceous glands. Didn't have any issues with permanent dry skin, poo problems or anything like that afterwards. Everything I've read and my own personal experience tells me that all the accutane fear-mongering crap is way overblown, especially when it's used for acne treatment. It seems like most of the more serious side effects come from when it's used for other purposes which they don't really do anymore. Like the stunted growth thing.

One study I read a while back they apparently used to prescribe accutane a long time ago for some non-acne related condition in prepubescent kids and the dosage they used was super high. That did have the side effect of stunting growth in some of those patients but that doesn't seem apply to older users and at lower doses.

Mine came back too. When I took accutane back in the day, acne was all over my chest/back with a few deep cysts on my mug. Had several pretty good years with just a few pimples here and there. Never really had perfect skin but it was fine. But a few years ago, it came back and now it's full blown. And it's all on my face now too.

I've been trying to let it do it's thing and hope that it'll go away naturally but it doesn't seem to be letting up. But at least it means that I'm high test, r-right guys?

I was dumb as fuck and put duct tape over my mouth two months in. All of the skin ripped off with the tape. Don't do that. Other than that, Accutane saved me from killing myself in the long run. One of the things I would try to do is avoid stress while on it, as it exacerbates your stress reactions. Expect mood swings, don't worry about them.

You've made the correct drug choice. Have a good future! :)

i took it two years ago and my god it really improved quality of life afterwards, confidence boost, can look people straight in the face and so forth. had the typical dry lips and such but i only did a 20mg course for 4 months recently i started breaking out again and probably gonna hop back on for a two month run

> take accutane
> dry lips but no other symptoms
> a patch appears around the fold of my nose
> another behind my ear

I don't know if accutane was to blame or not, but I have mild psoriasis on my face that appeared right after I stopped the accutane

took this shit for a year and a half in high school to kill some horrifically severe cystic acne. it worked, although i'm still covered in scars now.

basically, buy some good moisturizer and lip balm, because you're going to need it if you don't want to be in agonizing pain every day from your lips and facial skin drying out until they feel like sandpaper. i'd definitely recommend burts bees lip balm, and i personally find lush moisturizers to be the best quality for your money (tiny ass packaging makes it look like a rip but you can stretch that package for 2x as long as a drug store moisturizer because their stuff is really concentrated)

i stopped growing as soon as i took it. i was at roughly the age where that could have been natural, but i maintain the paranoid conspiracy theory that accutane stunted my growth, so you might want to look out for that if you're still high school aged. (i mean i was already 6' so who gives a shit but i have no idea how young you potentially are, OP)

23 and 6' so no worries

I took accutane as a freshman in high school. I was diagnosed with Crohn's as a sophomore. Coincidence?

Probably.

I'm only doing 10mg
Been doing it for a month. How long does it take to see the results.

Hey, OP. I did accutane like 6 years ago. Got depressed, blood out of my ass every shit, would wake up covered in blood from my nose, had perma-chapped lips, but it was worth it. Just go for it.

I tried to kill myself at month 4. Some stroke of brilliance made me miss the firing pin when I reassembled my rifle though so I only got a disheartening thud.

Better get your will in order cause you are about to croak. Don't want to let your hard earned Pokemon just lay trapped in your phone after you die.

Probably the Accutane. Same shit happened to me. Entire upper lip and right side of my chin. At least I have an amazing beard to hide it.

>genetics
lifestyle and diet*

had acne until i was 24 when i discovered effaclar and it basically did what i assume accutane does, make my face dry as fuck all day without it flaking too much. it was the only face wash i ever used that didnt BTFO my babby skin after a week of daily use.

After doing some cursory reading on this, are you people fucking kidding me? Stay away from this shit. This is basic risk assessment, you very unlikely have enough to gain to justify this.

Stop eating dairy, mammalian meant, and avoid excessive fructose consumption. Stop using soap or shampoo, see if it helps. The cystic stuff is harder, but there's most certainly contributing underlying causes here that must be fixed.

>mammalian meant
meat*

The skin literally ripped off? Wtf how much of it

OP, relax.

You know why dermatologist hate accutane and they don't even mention it? Because it works. That means no more lotions, creams, visits, no more money for them. You need blood and liver exams every month but even a student can check those. Also drink even more water, some GOOD (protect your cornea) eye drops, something for your lips and a decent sun protector (try to get less sun time). NO alcohol and try to stay away from any other meds.

Yes, there are some studies about serious secondary effects but it's uncommon as fuck, just read about it and you realize is close to nothing. Bigger doses means more agressive but sometimes with small dose you'll be fine.
Also that "drinking in moderation" is just messing with you because you'll probably rebounce and voila, 2nd treatment and more money for him.

I'm a medfag and I know the business. At least where I live, some retards talk bullshit and hide important stuff so they can keep their clients near. Very unethical but it happens, sadly. I'm personally going for the second ride but this time with a different dermatologist (qt 3.14 as fuck with 10/10 skin and looks). Hope it works as advice for you or someone else.

>80mg a day

Tell your doctor he's a retard.

That's a low dose, but you should start seeing results in a couple more weeks.

I took it. had severe acne beforehand. it was disgusting. since finishing, a few pimples at most. never more than two at a time. it was a godsend
>what to expect
Your skin is going to be drier than the sahara. get some non-comedogenic lotion for where your acne is the worst, lotion made for extra-dry skin for the rest. slather that shit on every day, at least once a day, and definitely after you shower. also, get some vaseline or something for your lips. you're going to want it several times a day
that was my only side effect. i actually don't remember even having a flare-up. maybe my acne was so bad i didn't even notice. idk. Good luck, and drink lots of water

also, one user mentioned nosebleeds. got those too, forgot that part. problems with my eyes drying out, too. had to get some eye drops

this user gets it

I don't have any acne or anything. Would it somehow make my skin better? What else could it do for me?

Also, when I was a teenager, especially around 14 and 15 yrs. old, I used to get terrible acne on my forehead. I don't have any scars though. Wtf? I swear it was worse than mostly everyone else with acne that I've seen, and I even picked at it now and then. But I have no scars!

Also, also, why don't gets have nasty acne anymore? I remember all the kids used to have zitty ass faces, but now all these shit eating retards have flawless skin. Is everyone prescribing accutane?

Also, also, also my girlfriend is on accutane now and she just tried killing me because I threw some paper at her.

I had it, completely got rid of my acne and with no permanent side effects.

Plenty of temporary side effects though

My skin completely dried out and started cracking, especially on my eyelids and lips which started bleeding

It also made my depression a lot worse to the point where I could barely get out of bed and had near constant suicidal thoughts

But definitely improved my skin

I'm on 40 mg a day and holy shit the depression episodes are real lad. Normally pretty happy but just get hit with insane tunnel vision of despair. Literally almost drove to the nearest cliff and hurled myself off it on one of my bad days. Try and keep control of your emotions the best you can.

It's inhibiting the replication and function of cells in your hippocampus and hypothalamus. It induces apoptosis in a number of cell types.

The depression is real because it has a hard mechanical basis for working that way in humans, just as striking a match generates a series of oxidation reactions that emits photons and incomplete combustion byproducts, etc, until it can't continue. It's just how the universe works, we are slave to it, and it cares not.

Congrats, you just made the single best decision of your life OP. Only regret you'll have is not going on it earlier.

I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN

Thanks user, desu the horror stories about crohns disease etc kept from getting it before

Tfw accutane lowers test, GH and igf1

Leme give you my experience with accutane.
Just recently finished a my cycle of 60mg, and it completely cleared up my acne. It won't get rid of it completely early, so don't feel disheartened 1-2 months in if nothing much has changed. It's different for everybody, though. Post treatment though, rarely I get pimples now and if I do they're mostly benign and small.

When I was taking it, I started to experience joint pain about 2 months in (generally in all my joints) which progressively got worse. I took 3 pills per day though as perscribed by the dermatologist because I weighed 90kg at the time, which is heavy by normie standards. So that probably didn't help, also considering the dosage of 60mg. I doubt you'll experience anything like that. The side effects are very rare. It's highly monitored, so you have nothing to worry about.

I also got very very dry lips and eyes (My eyes would water like fucking crazy when I was walking to university early in the mornings) which was pretty uncomfortable, but lip balm and eye drops help with that so it's all controllable.

Avoid alcohol too! Alcohol is a big big nono because it's also processed by your liver, where accutane is also processed which can lead to some serious liver damage.

Gl brah, it seriously helps a tonne. Remember to moisturize

Oh one other thing that fucking sucked though was that it dries up your asshole. Srs, try to moisturize your asshole after a shower or something when on it. It got to the point that it literally tore my ass and I shat blood at one point which is just nasty and very painful.

Damn son that's heavy