Kettlebells

are kettlebells good or bad? a meme or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=427hjj0ZRDc
youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

Weights are weights. And poorly-incremented weights that can't productively be used for most lifts are poorly-incremented weights that can't productively be used for most lifts.

Why do you have a problem with doing squat thrusts and lifting large triangular weights, Fidious?

I've stopped using my barbell and lifting heavy entirely. Kettlebells are no replacement for a barbell if your goal is bodybuilding or maximizing strength but a single kettlebell is good enough to give you a body like Pavel Tsatsouline for the rest of your life while requiring much less time invested per week than the average gym rat and much less space in your home. I will never go back to a barbell again.

Kettlebells are good for the following goals:
- training power production (e.g., for athletics)
- conditioning/staying lean
- endurance
- upper body hypertrophy (use as you would dumbbells)

Kettlebells are ok but not great for the following:
- posterior chain hypertrophy (until the point where you are doing swings of the 203lb for 10x10)
- unilateral stabilization work (e.g., one-handed snatches, one-handed clean and press)
- rotational/anti-rotational work

Kettlebells are not the ideal for:
- linear strength gains
- isolation work

This guy gets it.

Kettlebells are perfect for lunks.

>this is what DYELs actually believe
Reminder that people on this board don't actually lift, and are actually retarded

The best

Kettle bells are pretty good m8. I find that they complement the lifts you perform with a barbell quite well.

youtube.com/watch?v=427hjj0ZRDc

You can use them to develop maximal strength if you have access to heavy enough ones; it's just not the most efficient way to do so. No different then how max lifting isn't the most efficient means of enhancing power or stamina...doesn't mean a 700 lb deadlift won't give you plenty of both. Kettlebells are the other way around. It all adds to the same bucket, just in different proportions. Kettlebells have the advantage of being a lot more convenient and time efficient if you purchase them. They're very practical all around for general fitness.

If you really want to use them for strength, you should focus on strict pressing and heavy swings. A t handle works better for the latter imo though. If you have the ability to use one, it's just as good if not better than a deadlift for general P chain strength imo.

seems like a good way to fuck up your wrists.

With every roll that happens at the top of the lift, his hands jump a bit, which seems unhealthy to me.

I've been using them for loaded carries. Farmer's walks, waiter's walks, goblet carry, double racked carry, etc. It works a lot of muscles and is a fun break from boring barbell/dumbell work.

I use them to warm up my wrists

That looks insane to balance

But it isn't.

KBs are my weapon of choice. Recently upgraded to a 24kg and it's tough.
I did the 10,000 swing in 10 days challenge on T-Nation a few years ago with a 20kg and that was just nasty.

this + gymnastic rings + hill sprints + road cycling
that's my workout stack, lovin it

It isn't too bad. If anything you have to get your hands nice and calloused. Otherwise your hands will getting ripped apart.

>that image
Hahaha, what the hell is wrong with wikihow?

>not deadlifting kettlebells

Where in the blue hell is this gif from? Top keks.

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

ALPHA BRAIN
SHROOMTECH
KRILL & MCT OIL
PRIMATE CARE PILLS

youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©

>someone took the time to write this

more like what the hell is wrong with people seeing that a large portion of weebs need how-to's on separating reality from fiction.

>implying I would willingly lose all my gains by ruining my lungs

This. I'm doing SS right now, used to only be KB guy for about a year. Anyone do both? Any suggestions for doing both?

Autustic NEET detected.

t. someone who has never smoked weed