Anyone here have any experience taking modafinil?

Anyone here have any experience taking modafinil?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091305705002534
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0069224
researchgate.net/profile/Luke_Clark/publication/8618433_Modafinil_improves_cognition_and_attentional_set_shifting_in_patients_with_chronic_schizophrenia/links/00463525dbb5e2ff6c000000.pdf
journals.lww.com/psychopharmacology/Abstract/2005/04000/Does_Modafinil_Enhance_Cognitive_Performance_in.11.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes, ama

Have you taken Modafinil?

Effects you noticed? Did you like it?

People at my uni tame this to not sleep and study

I take if fairly often. If you're wondering whether it will make you work harder / better, the answer is not directly. It just keeps you awake. If you think that would be helpful then it's worth trying.

Took this stuff for around 6 months, Started at 100mg a day, didn't feel much. Took 200mg and felt really awake all day, didn't notice increased energy or focus at all. There's not really a buzz or energy type effect with this like there is with classic stimulants (caffeine,adderall etc). You know that feeling when you are well rested and awake and your eyes dont feel tired at all? That's what this gives you, at 400mg I would stay up for like 20-30 hours and feel wide awake. It's definitely over-rated and it wont make you smarter or more productive. It's basically only useful for sleeping less. No effects on strength or endurance either.

Would not recommend/10
Shill-pill that blew up with the limitless hype marketing of nootropics and smart drugs.

yeah I've been taking it for about two years

I'm not him but I'll answer
basically keeps you awake all day
DO NOT think it will be like adderall where it changes your focus, all it does is keep you awake and feeling like you've had a great 8 hours of perfect sleep
I hate stimulants like adderall since I feel like I'm on meth and scratch my face and pull my hair
I used to always fall asleep in class and at work and this stops it, plus I can study all night, sleep two hours, pop one, and take my test feeling 100% mentally
and it's cheap

>shill pill
it is amazing for people like me that can't stay awake even after 8 hours of sleep or that actually study worse with adderall, plus you can take it before a test after getting no sleep and have no mental fatigue
and at less than a dollar a pill it is dirt cheap, there's a reason the military uses it too

the problem is you people think it's adderall when it's not

I've taken it too, and what this user says is all true. It's incredibly expensive, even with a legit script, like $8/pill. Definitely way way overhyped by stupidfags desperate for a 2 point iq bump.

How about instead of taking smart pills, you stop drinking stupid-juice, aka alcohol. It's free.

uhh i dunno i like that feeling of well rested eyes as its directly tied to concentration to me.

i guess i'm a good responder cos I can literally work 12 hours straight without food/break and without losing focus on moda 200mg.

or yeah nah its bullshit shillshit fake drug or w/e.

the research is there OP, go look at the mechanisms and make your own decision.

personally I've kept a stock of moda for like 12 months.

No, the problem is people have been marketing it dishonestly. The modafinil dropshippers and the people who report on modafinil in general have been hyping it the fuck up as something that will make you more focused, enhance your cognitive abilities and make you more successful. They have been referring to it as the real life limitless drug for years.

If they just advertised it for what it really is , a great drug for feeling awake, I would have no problem with it.

Also important to note is that your performance still drops with sleep deprivation, you just feel better.

Yes
If you've seen that movie with Bradley Cooper called Limitless, it's pretty damn close to that. Imagine knowing every single answer to every question, and knowing the question before its asked. You know exactly how you look, you know exactly what you have to do to get what you want, and you have no problem doing it. For example,

>be me, junior in high school
>in senior math class, hard as fuck test coming up
>randomly cop some moddy from a friend, decide to use it for the test
>take it the morning of, don't feel anything
>on the bus to school, I slowly start to feel this intensity
>imagine having been total control over your emotions and actions
>I could've told myself to go over to a qt and strike up a convo but didn't cuz she was taking to friends
>still felt like I unlocked some fucking inner mumbo jumbo secret
>get to school, realize I don't have to study for the test
>get to class, everyone is studying last minute when I walk in
>kick the fucking door open because I wanted to, walk in with chin set high
>some people stop talking and look at me
> stare them all down
>sit down at my desk and take out my materials, etc...
>test starts and I whiz through. 1.5hour test in fucking 40 MINUTES
>everyone looks up at me in awe as I go to turn in my paper
>leave without asking permission because I can
>two weeks later, start getting tests back
>class average was 79%
>get a 94% without studying a single fucking word

shame I can't get any more because the school clamped down on smart drugs but god damn it was nice while it lasted.

wher ecan i buy this shit in europe ?

True, but since when have they ever marketed something honestly?
And only someone stupid would believe all the hype behind any of these drugs. I don't think we should call it a shit drug when it actually helps people out like me wonderfully.

i mean the only reason it was tied with IQ increase is because it was shown to increase IQ in studies.

in short modafinil is shown to suppress fatigue/sleep driving hormones, promote wakefulness/alertness hormones, promote hormones associated with memory & critical thought, is slightly androgenic, and is a mild SSRI.

based on that yeah its reasonable to believe it is a wakefulness promoter, helps with attention and helps with cognition.

I guarantee you atleast 80% of the retards who buy this shit believe the hype. Almost nobody uses it for the reason that you do, they are all using it because they think it will make them smarter and more successful ,as if a pill will magically change their behaviour.

You're rational about your usage and it serves a modest purpose for you which is different to what most people are doing with this drug.

(Source Required)

true basically all the dumb college kids that use adderall all day every day and are still dumb
they deserve to lose money

Actually on modafinil right now.
AMA
I highly doubt this actually happened

Have you slept at all? When do the effects wear off and how much did you take?

This this this

Although I wouldn't say it is hyped; it is pretty damn good, lasts all day long, is cheap and will make you more mindful and thus focused to an extent.

Still,
Is a fucking meme answer. No, it will not give you superpowers.

Moda will give you more mental energy, but you still have to direct that towards productive goals yourself.

Same as most anons.

I felt very awake. Not smarter, more focused nor driven, none of that shit. You're just incredibly awake.

If you are the kind of person that has issues staying awake, i would recommend. Also if you need to pull an allnighter, or stay fresh after night where you sleep less than 5 hours.

Trut is, i don't liked it that much. The hype behind it says that you'll be smarter, i was actually feeling slower. Really awake, but my brain was actually slower when asked questions. Overall i felt a little "off" from my normal self. Nothing drastic, but i think it's hard to explain. Anyone else experied something similar?

literally just google modafinil IQ

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091305705002534

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0069224

researchgate.net/profile/Luke_Clark/publication/8618433_Modafinil_improves_cognition_and_attentional_set_shifting_in_patients_with_chronic_schizophrenia/links/00463525dbb5e2ff6c000000.pdf

journals.lww.com/psychopharmacology/Abstract/2005/04000/Does_Modafinil_Enhance_Cognitive_Performance_in.11.aspx

theres pages of research on this topic.

why didn't you just google it.

Had a full 8 hours sleep. Took it to spend the day getting uni work done. If I were to take it on only a few hours sleep I generally feel pretty good. The mind feels fine, it doesn't save the body from the effects of sleep deprivation if that makes sense.

It lasts about 12 hours. If you plan on getting to sleep, definitely don't take it after midday.

Have taken it. It kept me awake. Didn't give me the focus or in the zone feeling like adderall or vyvanse. Vyvanse was by far the best.

It kept me feeling awake but I still felt tired going 24 hours without sleep. Kind of hard to explain - mentally I was all there but I'd get a headache going a long time without sleep, and I could tell I needed sleep. It wasn't like "wow, i feel totally awake and don't feel the need to sleep at all."

Agreed. It is basically for feeling 'not-tired' if that is a thing. Much cheaper and fewer side effects than adderall. I found the headaches would come from not eating or drinking for long periods of time.

Modvigil is what I'll be taking. Liking that one?

Yeah. The brand doesn't really matter, what's really important is the active ingredient. Some companies make modafinil and some make armodafinil. Chemically they're similar (which I can elaborate more on if need be). But essentially armodafinil is more potent per gram but comes in lower doses. Modafinil seems to take less time to hit you, about 20 minutes as opposed to 45-60 mins for aromodafinil. So if you take one when you wake up, you'll wake up quicker.

How long does it take for one dose to kick in? Did it work if you find out you have to work late at like 6 pm, or do you have to build up over time like creatine etc?

I mean, can you take a tab occasionally when you are tired or need to work late?

Fuuuuuuuuu it does sound useful

see Yeah. I wouldn't recommend taking it every day as it's just not healthy to get by on very little sleep, But it is very useful 1-2 times a week to get stuff done

Kek, don't listen to this guy. I've done a ton of this stuff, and it's only okay. It will keep you up.

Sadly, I don't react to stimulants well.

fuck this pussy shit use roids

>why didn't you just google it.

that's the eternal question.

I've been taking modafinil for 2 years and it's very effective. I take it before a workout, and will also take it when I have a project that needs to be finished in a very short amount of time and will require a few allnighters in a row to finish. I get it legitimately through my psychiatrist, and since I'm in Canada it costs about 20 cents a pill. Reading some people's experiences with it that are on the negative/bunk side don't match with my own, and I'm wondering if that has to do with getting bunk stuff from a shitty online India based pharmacy. The stuff I get is a fucking miracle pill, and 100mg is enough to turn me into Spock on speed. I can easily stay up for days on end working on something without losing focus, and when you take it before a workout the entire session will fly by, and you'll do each rep with surgical precision because you won't be distracted by stupid bullshit.

If you can get it legit and for cheap then I'd say go for it. I wouldn't trust any online source based on some of the experiences I've read here.

>Not sleeping for 2 days a week (or more, depending on your lifestyle)
>Making decent gains

Yeah, no. We are still on Veeky Forums, are we?

probably wouldn't have passed uni without it (engineering)

however it isn't a cure all and i found that i grew a tolerance to it quite quickly that never really went away

still, it helps if you find it difficult to get started studying and it does help you focus a lot better. if you are able to find any then go for adderall instead

>i grew a tolerance to it quite quickly that never really went away

weird. i've been taking it every day for over half a year now, except the weekends, and it's still working great for me.

fucking lol. did you just write that yourself, or is it pasta?

Got Modafinil and Anafilin few months ago to help me study.
It gives me a feel like I had 3 coffees, nothing more. I feel a bit jittery and restless.
Sure it may help keeping you awake, but as far as concentration or motivational boost - I haven't experienced any of it.
Dropped it after a week, still have few tabs of it laying around somewhere.

Ain't worth it IMO

I had the same problem in the beginning. Either your dosage is too high, or you're very sensitive to the side effects. Whenever I took a whole 200mg tab in morning I often experienced jitters, nausea, dry mouth. What helped me was breaking up the tab in several parts, 100 mg in the morning, the rest of it a couple of hours later.