Holy shit how can people be so dyel after years at the gym

Was talking a bit to this guy deadlifting 95 lbs at the gym today. Apparently he's been lifting for "several years".

How the fuck does this happen Veeky Forums? "Several years" and struggling to get 95 lbs off the ground.

I'm not saying im impressive or anything, in fact I'm pretty subpar (245 dead after 4 months) but goddamn how does someone come to the gym for so long and still be completely shit at lifting?

Normies cant go a day without partying and never push themselves. They just lift as a chore.

He could have snapped his shit up and is trying to start from scratch.

Sad thing is he looked more neet than normie

Could be. He had mad anterior pelvic tilt (I'm talking worse than that demonstration guy in that gif)

hes lying lol. He goes to the gym couple time every couple of months. He just wants a six pack for the summer like all the others. I bet he says he goes to the gym to lose belly fat cause hes "bloated"

Probably true. I'm at the gym around 2 hrs 4-5 times a week and I've never seen him before (and trust me I would have remembered mr. pelvic tilt)

When he says he's being going for "several years" that means the first time he's ever been in a gym was several years ago. He just comes in whenever he wants, doesn't have a routine, doesn't watch his diet/sleep, etc. It doesn't mean he comes to the gym 3-5 times a week and pushes hard every time to get fit.

Understand that most normies lift weights and work out solely to stay in shape and not get fat. They couldn't care less about getting stronger.

Just like how many of us do light cardio so as to not be a piece of shit muscular guy who can't even run for 10 minutes. We run to stay in shape, not to get faster; meanwhile there are people who run solely to get faster.

Now if someone is legitimately trying to make progress after years of lifting and they still haven't made progress, then they're just a lazy motherfucker who probably falls off the ball every 2 months.

I went to the gym with some regularity on and off for ten years before getting into compound lifts with a barbell (mostly used machines). When I finally started, all my lifts were embarrassingly low.

Focus on yourself faggot

245 deadlift after 4 months is absolute shit

learn to read faggot i know im subpar but holy shit man how can you only deadlift 95? Just boggles my mind

i've trained for about 4 years on and off. it's possible but i've never been that low lift wise. i would always go in cycles of
>awesome training
>stack weight on lifts
>get sick/get stressed
>stop eating
>lose the weight on the lifts
>start again

most significant loss was the 6 months I had to have off after knee surgery. I don't eat a lot normally so I lost like 8 kg and basically went almost back to untrained levels of strength kek.

Pretty good result for 4 months.
But yeah, most of Veeky Forums probably pulled that on their second workout.

Kek most of Veeky Forums are former (and some current) autismo skelly or fatass anime watching vidya playing virgins, not high school football players

Well, most of the autismos here got to 1/2/3/4 in 6 months.

>tfw got to 3pl8 from the bar in 4 then fucked my knee and became obese

t-thanks rip

Kek no they didn't. Someone made a straw poll thread today asking if you've made 1/2/3/4. It was like 70% no.

People say they made 1/2/3/4 in 6 months, but the few who did are obviously gonna brag about it and post about it frequently.

He might be a cancer survivor or have lupus or something.

I ree'd last night

There was this guy that took ages to start dead lifting.. untangling head phones, sitting on floor in front of bar etc before doing it.

Only to dead lift 1.5pl8 after chalking his hands.. then got a foam roller out for a while then warmed up to do 2pl8 with alternate grip

He doesn't even look dyel though, he looks like he lifts.

Fuck man

I mean if he's a newbie 2pl8 is a perfectly respectable deadlift... His 2pl8 could be your 4pl8. I mean, it's a number 80% of people off the street couldn't pull. Chalk, foam roller, and sitting on floor are probably excessive though lol.

What's wrong with untangling your headphones

I don't mind some dyel skinny boy doing it, but he actually looks like he lifts.

Maybe he was doing a bro split and didn't do much squat/dead until recently?

Forever 40kg deadlift here.

I've pretty much given up trying to add weight. Every time I do my form slips. At this point the only reason I lift is because it stops my muscles/joints aching and gives me good posture.

Why is this the case? I could say [spoiler]ADHD[/spoiler], [spoiler]paranoia[/spoiler] and [spoiler]aspergers[/spoiler] but it's all laff really.

>tfw no spoilers

I'm going back to /r9k/

So what if your form slips a little, you're not gonna die if your back arches a bit lifting 1pl8 lmao. Just do it. Diddly form is easier to achieve once your lifting heavy anyway

Not several, but I did go one year and only made a small bit of progress

Here's how

>People don't stick to one routine
>Go max 3 times a week, sometimes miss some of these sessions
>Don't eat properly (important)
>Don't push themselves
>Don't increase weight often enough
>Don't do enough while they're there, or do the right exercises

They'll still get stronger, but at a glacial pace, until they take it seriously like I started doing

I got to 90kg and hurt my back. Not bad, but it would have been if I kept going. A few times I made it to 70/80 and I could feel the same thing starting to happen.

wow what a faggot, not everyone gains muscle & strength as the average person does even if they actually put in the work and diet instead of just saying they do. I'd say 245lb after 4 months of lifting is ok.

You're cheating yourself. I got to 3plate with garbage form, slipped a disc in my back, and you know what I did? I took six months off deadlifting, then deloaded and fixed my shit while throwing in a bunch of core and lower back assistance work such as hanging leg raises and now I'm pulling 5pl8 with strict form comfortably.

Do it right and burn through the struggles and you won't regret it. The champions didn't get there by avoiding pain, they made it by learning to deal with it.

I use to deadlift 10 kg (20lbs approx.), until a bigger guy at my gym told me I was wasting my time, try more weight. I lifted 2plts no probs. I then sucked him off to show my gratitude (no homo). Sometimes you dont know shit about lifting and/or your body.

Iktfb i too live this vicious cycle

He doesn't lift seriously.
It's obviously something they casually do just to "keep in shape" or is something to brag about/get their minds off of whatever.

If they wanted to get Veeky Forums fit strong swole cut whatever, they would be busting ass or have a personal trainer.

I'm not that bad but..

I didn't grow up playing football like all the big lifters around here. I spent too much of my life being sedentary.

I've been lifting about three years, and I've come a very long way in improving lifts. It's still not hard to find someone on Veeky Forums boasting about lifting for four months and having done better than I can.

My goal's always been about improving myself, moreso than beating someone else.

Not everyone has the same goals as you user.

I've been lifting for almost 4 years and my numbers are still not very impressive(2plate bench,4 plate deadlift, 1 plate ohp, 2.5 plate squat) but it does not really matter what other people lift does it?

>How the fuck does this happen Veeky Forums? "Several years" and struggling to get 95 lbs off the ground.
maybe he doesnt care about lifting as much as possible and is content to stay at a certain level.

I know chess players who play at advanced beginner level for years (a level you can surpass in 1 year with serious study).
Same thing here. They dont want to be as strong as possible by any means. They just play for fun.

Why not let people lift for fun, you autistic faggot?

>Started lifting a year ago.
>Got into a major depression for 4 months
>Ate like shit, barely did any physical activity
>Returned to skelly mode
>Bad habits came back
>Finally returned to gym last week, can't even bench 1pl8 or squat 2pl8 anymore.

If anyone asked me when I started I'll probably lie and just say 3 months ago or something.

I'm never gonna make it am I

>tfw major depression
>tried to off self
>spend 4 months in mental hospital
>lose all gains
>Back to gym 2 months ago, benching lmao 1pl8 and squatting 2

We're gonna make it brah

bitch at my gym has been going there since well before i started (2 years ago now) and has actually got fatter over the years, i just dont get how shit like this happens?!?

how did you escape from that

>40kg deadlift
m8 that was my bench starting weight how do you even live or walk or move without collapsing

Flex your spine (for as much as you can flex it) when you go up and down
also clench them cheeks like you have to pick up a bar of soap while sharing a shower cabin with bubba
that usually keeps your back straight

You don't know his starting point.
I've been lifting for nearly 3 years with 1, 3 month break.
Diet has been properly in check for 2 years.
Train 3/4 times a week and push myself, still look dyel.

But when I started lifting I was dangerously underweight, after spending 6 month bedridden barely able to eat. Literal Auchwitz mode.

I mean, my diddy is not nearly as bad as his, just may be circumstances out of the dudes control.

He could also be a lying pussy like everyone else has said, jus sayin

After 1 year I was at 100kg deadlift. the main reason was poor diet, I was skelly mode. Also, sudden hyperthyroidsm

I started going to the gym a while back, but it is a shit gym with no squat rack or free weights, and the heaviest dumbells are 25kg

When I started I was 105lbs at 5'10, I remember the heaviest I could physically bench press on my first day was 30lbs

2 years later and following some advice here, now I'm 160lbs and the 25kg dumbells are too light for me to bench press, so I shoulder press them

Still feel skinny as fuck, went with a friend to an actual gym last week and my first ever squat / deadlift session I managed 80kg / 100kg maxes

Frustrating to know that there are literal girls who out lift me. 2 years is a pretty long time, and I still feel weak

But whatever. Just need to do more deadlifts and squats.

Have you tried actually lifting those 40kgs?
Because if you would have, you would become better at it thus allowing you to add additional weight.

That last one

3x5 keks at 1.5 body weight

those aren't mutually exclusive
I'm both former high school football player who also was an autismo fatass anime watching vidya playing virgin

10 months later and now I'm an autismo anime watching vidya playing virgin

I've been lifting the same weights (slowly decreasing, actually) for a year and a half because I've been dieting the whole time

It sucks but I doubt anyone actually notices and mentally tracks my progress

Yeah we just disproved that the other day faggot. 70% of the fucking people here haven't even hit it.Height also fell under a standard bellcurve with most people here under 6 foot.

>lifting for 3 years
>can't break 270lbs bench

No matter how many times I deload or how much volume I add or how many programs I try or how I change my diet, I always fucking stall at 270.

>my gf has been lifting barely two months and can lift 125

possible mental problem. you are defeating yourself before you even touch the bar.

Well no shit. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Meming aside, what's wrong with being under 6 foot?

>lifting for 6 months
>cant squat own bodyweight for 3 reps

>my attitude is the reason my arms fail on the 5th rep

Not OP, but the main goal of lifting is literally self improvement. You can't compare two hobbies that have different goals.

well she's been exercising so obviously that means she can eat a few extra calories per week

This is what happens when people don't actually try and measure things like calories eaten/burnt

>thinks squatting is relevant
hello fattie

>getting into doritomode

Time to be honest on the internet guys!
Just hit 6pl8 natty

I know, I pulled 245 lbs on my first time deadlifting, one handed

I've been lifting casually for many years, and still find 245 lbs deadlift to be pretty heavy (3x5)

been up to three plates, but after graduating and working full time I don't find the energy and motivation to eat chicken/broccoli and lift heavy 4 times a week anymore

tl;dr almost never see anyone pulling heavier weight anyways, dont believe Veeky Forums's lies

I've lifted since 2012 but am having to build my lifts back up. I stopped in July of 2015 when my mom got cancer and didn't do anything but bench until May of this year

>unicycle on treadmill

Ad dangerous as that is, I bet it's a pretty good workout if you didn't fuck your life up in the process