QTDDAA

Post all your stupid questions that don't deserve an answer in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/
bodybuilding.com/fun/stretch-your-way-more-muscular-body-with-this-stretching-routine.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=gDx1xfSobG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm considering doing Muay Thai as cardio 2x a week, combined with lifting 4x a week during my lean bulk. Is this a viable strategy as long as I eat a fuckton (i.e. 3500+ kcal)?

I'm 6'7", 203lbs at about 14-15% bf at the moment if that helps.

are stomach vacuums a meme exercise or does it actually do something

I don't like thicc girls like you guys do, how do I fix this?

It's pretty good considering how easy they are.

Faggot janitor deleted my pupper post last time I posted this

You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem

Bad form janny

Guys, im in the middle of fucking nowhere, staying here for a month. What should i do to mantain gains?

How long should I wait I'm between sets of planks?

First off that pupper got form. Secondly, I take a multi vitamin cause I'm going on 30. I saw one for men with test. Should I buy and assuming I do 1 a day will it do shit?

rate this routine please

ABCABCX

A
BP 5x5
OHP 5x5
Dip 5x8
Lat raise 5x10

B
Chinup 5x5
Row 5x5
Shrug 5x8
Curl 5x10

C
DL 1x5
SQ 5x5
Crunch 5x10
Calf Raise 5x10

How do I tell if my squat form is good when I'm just doing them at home?

My right scapular muscles hurt when retracting the scapula.
I noticed a bit of discomfort after playing some hoop after a while I hadn't.
Also I recently started working on my weak upper back and delts, both with facepull and with a band.
Is it just normal fatigue from a muscle I wasnt used to use?

Also the last couple times I DL'd I noticed my right erector spinae, somewhere in my thoracic spine portion, is a bit more "tense", it didnt hurt, it was almost like a hitch, like I could feel it when I had a shirt on. But it doesnt seem to be more swollen to the touch or sight.
It seems to be gone now, it came after a really hard deadlift session a couple of workouts ago, now it seems to be almost gone

alright not sure where i should post this so here:
i have been having problems with digestion lately i felt bloated unable to lose weight and generally miserable for the last year or two.
i gave probiotics a shot lately and it's been good for most off my symptoms greatly improved.

however i'm fucking hungry all the time like literally 1 or 2 hours after eating i feel like starving again. shit is weird. is this a normal side-effect of increased metabolism or a bad reaction or what?

Im walking for about 30-45 mins a day/twice a day and only eating once a day trying to lose weight, will it work and about how much?
what I eat is usually whatever my moms brings on her way from work
>one burger king sandwhich
>two mchicken
>two beef patties and a cup of some type of sugar smoothie

I used insanity twice. lost like 40 pounds the first time and less the second time, learned it harder to lose when you you do a crash diet and the fat comes back how do I use it but make it no come back?

you're starving yourself, tiring yourself and the little food you eat is shit food.
that's a recipe for failure brother

it OK

How do i into girls? The sticky doesn't mention anything about it.

tips for squatting and deadlifting to prevent myself from snapping my shit up?

What are some good chest exercises with only dumbbells and no bench besides flys and db bench press?
I see variations like incline bench and decline flys but I don't have access to a bench.

Wear proper shoes. A lot of people wear chuck taylors. Something very flat.

Shit.
Just run GSLP and only squat on one day, and hip thrust or bridge on the others. Or front/zercher squat or whatever you want to do.

Read up and practice the exercise. Then take and post videos of you doing the exercises and and ask for a form check.
Deadlift barefoot, with your head up, and thrust your hip like you're going to nut inside the space infront of you.

grubs and grass diet

how much rice is too much rice?

i'm cooking ~ a cup of rice( i use a small glass, not measuring cup) but only eating one scoop from the spoon i use to cook with.

BUT for lunch i go to this Japanese supermarket and get a bento box that has a decent amount of rice in it.

it doesn't say how much rice is in there, but probably an entire cup

Been gone a few weeks, where did Trappy go

Why do you live?

I have an interview for a training job tomorrow. Do you think they will ask me about programming or hypotheticals? I'm certified with ACE and I was thinking about bringing a notebook with an outline of the ACE model

Because I am human

Is building a "strength base" necessary when you're a beginner lifter when you just wanna get huge?

I lift 3x a week. I'm on a bodybuilding 5/3/1 program and eating just above maintenance. Is it a complete waste to take Creatine with my post workout shakes on those 3 days? Any benefit taking it on rest days?

Yes, you can't lift babyweight and expect to get huge.

is running worth the risk?

use one hand to hold her open and one to hold yourself "stiff" so you can at least kinda wriggle it in

I'm a noob that was going to sign up at my gym on the 1st to start SS, but as it happens, i got an ear infection. I'm on 2 weeks of anti-biotics

Should I wait until my anti-biotics are finished before I start the gym or should I go as soon as I feel healthy enough?

what would be an acceptable strength level before switching to a mass-building routine?

Will I ever get abs or at least a 4 pack?

I was obese at 257lbs, currently at 205lbs and I've been seeing great results everywhere else but my stomach. I know it's a matter of body fat but for former vidya fatties like me, it's also a matter of how much my skin is going to bounce back from it stretching.

I do deadbugs, planks, reverse crunches, fingers to toes crunches 2-3 times a week at home in addition to the 6 days a week I train at the gym (3 days lifting, 3 days hitt).

I just want some definition. I know no-one here can really give me an answer but the closer I get, the thought that I'll be left with this little fold of skin at the bottom instead of abs makes me rage at myself for being so stupid to disrespect myself and even though I'm fit and looking good, I wanna kill myself if hard work and diet isn't enough to get me abs. It's almost like a feel that I'm always gonna hve the remants of being a fat fucker despite my hard work and discipline.

when you reach intermediate level in all of the principal lifts
(squats, dead, bench, ohp, chins and rows)

symmetricstrength.com/
you can check your current level here

db floor press
floor flys

Cool, thanks brah. Been doing SL for 2 months and intermediate levels seems reasonable for 2 more

at 6'7" you can do whatever the fuck you want and still be a god.

intermediate level on symmetric strength has nothing to do with an intermediate level of training advancement. the former is based on average weights numbers for populations, while the latter is based on your own ability to make progress/recover. they should not be confused

This some people can still make gains with a beginner program no need to jump on an intermediate program if not needed

is p90x the best cutting program

I started a bodyweight routine and I'm suppose to be training today but my body is still aching like a motherfucker, especially my legs.

Should I push through or rest?

Do just enough to feel a pump and no more.
It will help with recovery and you'll feel a bit better after.

>stomach vacuums
Is this liposuction?

I have no problem with intermittent fasting (turns out I've been doing it my whole life without realizing) but I need to bulk up because I'm sitting at 66kg 180cm

Should I just focus on eating all my calories during lunch and dinner? When should I train during IF?

the pain of an ear infection may distract you from your routine but antibiotics wont ruin your workout you fucking fool.

work through the pain but dont force yourself to finish if it becomes too much

I can't fucking stand broccoli, the smell alone makes me nauseous

What can I substitute them with?

hey Veeky Forums, I've packed on 10lb (mostly muscle) over the last 5 months by working out a bunch and eating like I usually do. Is Tom Venuto's BtFFtM still highly regarded in terms of its dieting instructions?

*because I wanna start putting effort into eating I mean

I got a problem.

I can't get the back part of my tricep to grow. I've been making great gains everywhere but there. I don't know how to describe it and can't take a pic now, but it's the part that hangs at the bottom of the arm when you make a bicep. It's the part towards the lats when your arm hangs normally, not the cut toward the outside of your arm.

I currently do db bench, overhead press (bb or db), dips (bw or machine), and tricep push downs on a cable machine with rope attachment. These are the only excercise a I do that hit my tricep, and I don't do much isolation work. What can I add to bring up rear tricep or am I not doing correct push excercise said on push days?

I mire big guys with that part developed, really makes the arm look huge. Been lifting for 6 months, everything's growing nicely, but now that my arm is decently developed, I can't help but notice this absence.

Thanks for the help.

You're over cooking it. Broccoli shouldn't smell. Try blanching.

cauliflower, brussel sprouts similar

Are ppl routines worth lifting 6times a week, or am I better pulling out a phul? What quad exercises are fit approved and don't tax the lower back a lot

film it and post it back

triceps long head

crosses the shoulder joint which means shoulder has to be extended

i'm a fan of rippetoe ltes

Will lifting on a slight deficit hinder my size or strength gains? I can't handle bulk/cut cycles so I'm trying to stay perma lean without taking a shit load of supplements

Unless you're very overweight or a complete beginner and/or both you wont be making any size gains and will struggle to become stronger too,
Initially i didnt want to do the bulk/cut shit either, but you can actually get great results just by eating a little less/more, I didnt even track my calories but just payed attention to my weight and lost 15 pounds and a significant amount of fat in just 2 months by eating less, not tracking any of it. I would strongly suggest you to do bulking and cutting cycles as that will net you the best results both strength and size-wise. Staying very lean makes it incredibly difficult to make decent gains without being on gear.

Is calisthenics a meme or can I do real progress

don't skwat or deadlift

Thanks pal, im still a novice tho i'll go with what you said!

Not necessarily a meme it just takes significantly longer for you to make decent size gains compared to lifting with weights.

Fat fuck, cutting, does loose skin go away and how long does it take?
Also why does every Veeky Forums recipe include either rice or egg?

Why the heck is my non dominant arm stronger and is growing more vascular than my dominant? Is this normal

I only bend my knees slightly when going down on Deadlift. Is that ok? Still feel it on the hamstrings, glutes and lower back

if you're doing both one of them will suffer
either you wont be lifting as much as you could or you wont be as fast/loose/powerful in muay thai

i train muay thai and i certainly wouldnt do that, but it might work for you, idk

What's the difference between doing a high volume routine and doing 'endurance/aerobic' routine. I see people saying that anything above 20 reps is just aerobic but then others recommending high volume to get big. I'm more interested in getting bigger than getting stronger desu, which is why I'm looking at high volume sets but am confused as to how high is high or too high.

Ok I have this weird problem where after working out and taking a nap when I wake up my mout feels really sweet, which is the opposite of what happens after I sleep during the night where it tastes foul.

And by sweet I mean like honey sweet, I think it's the salive, i've tried googling but found nothing, am I diabetic or something?

What is natty?
Is it bodyweight exercises only?
No exercise?
Normal exercise without steroids?

Natty means physique with no steroids or hormones, or artificial enlargement like Synthol.

Some people go the extra step with no supplements, but usually supplements don't count towards natty because they are nothing more than things you can find naturally, just condensed.

Thank you, user.

Follow up question: is it as prevalent as Veeky Forumsizens whine about or are they just looking at sour grapes?

If I'm 92kg @ 20% body fat, Is it correct to assume that I would be at 13% bf If I lost 6.4 kg?

And another question Is it better to cut down to low body fat even if you end up with way less bodyweight and the bulk back from there?
Or should I cut down to my desired weight example 89~90 kg and just maintain?

I think you are misunderstanding something here, Veeky Forums doesn't whine about it, going natty is obviouslt the preferred method because it involves a lot more steady work than roiding, without the health problems.

Scooby is a good example of someone that has been lifting for 30 years natty, now he's in his mid 50s and has a big body lots of people would like to have, the disadvantage of going natty is that you achieve in 3 or more years what someone on gear would achieve in 1 (see Zyzz)

I don't really seem to have the ankle, heel and hip mobility for squats. Is my shit fucked?

In the sticky, what does "Carbohydrates ("carbs"). 4 calories per gram." mean? Per gram of what?

Weight. Calorie density.

What? Of my weight?

It works, makes your relaxed gut smaller, also allows to manipulate your abs in crazy way, which is a cool party trick.

Pls response

1 gram of carbohydrates is 4 kcal

The cross country coach really wants me on the team this year after not being able to join last year. I'm a senior already planning on wrestling and baseball later in the year so varsity in all three seasons would be cool. As a novice lifter, how would practice 5 times a week affect my gains? The most we run are 5ks, sometimes just doing sprints or running in sand pits. This would go on for about 3 and a half months. I plan to stay in a caloric surplus, of course. Currently following GSLP.
OHP 85 lbs
BP 120 lbs
Squat ATG 155 lbs

Those are for 3x5 as well

Do you guys wash your hair on a daily basis? I do because I want to keep it clean and remove the sweat I get from doing cardio and lifting 6 times a week, but I've heard that this damages your head skin as well as your hair in the long run. Is this momscience or should I start skiping a day or two without washing my hair after I workout?

I wont affect you as long as you actually stay within the range of that caloric surplus. What can happen is that you'll need to incorporate a serious stretching routine to avoid glutes and legs soreness (that would impact both your squat and sprints). And you'll need a very disciplined sleep routine as well. Of course, this is just my opinion

*It

Crunches are useless. Do hanging leg raises or planks/weighted planks.

go ahead and wash it. you shouldn't use shampoo that often however.

Yeah it does damage your head skin

I suggest you try with just water

It does dry you scalp, yes, and as other anons suggested just wash it with water every other day.
Alternatively, depending on how much you sweat, using dry shampoo might help you

Okay, thank you. Would you recommend any specific routine or is the stretching and mobility section in the sticky good enough? In all honesty, I don't usually stretch but I'll get on it.

K thanks senpai. Only water every other day then it is. Will see how it goes.

Got you breh
>bodybuilding.com/fun/stretch-your-way-more-muscular-body-with-this-stretching-routine.htm

please respond

That's not how it works, you don't just lose fat, you lose muscle, you lose water and other shit

turn around and walk back to traditional values

no its an exercise you can do that supposedly helps flatten the abs along with other benefits
youtube.com/watch?v=gDx1xfSobG4

I was assuming no water weight, as I tend to not drink water before sleeping and piss out before measuring my self in the mornings.

Am I being autistic?

In any case what should I do when I reach 90kg? Maintain or just keep cutting?
I'm 6'4 with a pot belly.