QTDDTOT - Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Last one is at 300+

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lzCXnAAGp4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PkQb2LJtLgo
youtube.com/watch?v=-X1GkG2YgXw&t=1m36s
youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY?t=113
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That looks fun. If this is what they do in crossfit then I might try it out.

Is there any point in doing flat bench when you're going for aesthetics and not for powerlifting?

I've only recently started doing incline and decline bench and I've seen so many new gains I didn't know were possible. Now if I'm already hitting incline and decline, is there any more reason to hit flat?

I want to know if I'm being trolled. Saw pic related in another thread. So is that what people consider here to be half squats? Are only ATG squats considered to be full ROM squats? I thought hips going below the knees was sufficient.

What the literal fuck. Do they do this shit just to make the plebs look stupid?

any tips for deadlifting and squatting ordinary sandbags with a rope handle in the middle of them?

is it ok to deadlift them with the sandbags oriented lengthways between your legs? it feels awkward doing it with the sandbags always in front of my body

lmao this is the staff at barbell brigade

Strong dudes that just like to fuck around

Look up "thestrongjewish" on Instagram

The correct answer is that it depends. And that's where the discussion stems from. Depth depends on the length of your bodyparts, your flexibility and if you're squatting low or high bar.

Generally if you're a normal human being with low bar hitting parallel is a full squat, on high bar hitting parallel is a half squat.

Only full rom without breaking form is a full squat.

What does Veeky Forums think of crossfit?
Did my first day today

Forgot to say, people who are not very flexible will still go as deep as they can and thus claim they're doing a full squat, resulting in said discussion.

What is important is that you use the full range of motion, however deep that may be. But if you can't go deeper than parallel on high squats, then it's time to start stretching.

I got diarreah from drinking or eating contaminated water/food since Sunday

I still have it a little, should I go to the gym today? I'm thinking it might be unsafe. I guess swimming is out of the question

So I'm a poorfag and don't have money for a gym membership. What are the best bodyweight exercises to gain some muscle definition, bear in mind, that I don't want to get big, or ripped. I just want to stop being a weakling with the power of a child.

I go down until my hip is slightly below my knees on high bar; am I doing it right?

>low bar hitting parallel is a full squat, on high bar hitting parallel is a half squat

That kinda confuses me a bit; wouldn't a low bar squat hitting parallel have like 0.75 the ROM of high bar hitting parallel? I tried high bar ATG but it feels like I completely stop at the bottom and I can't come up so I've been going deep enough for hips to be below knees like I said earlier.

Idk about deadlifts, but I used to pick up sandbags like atlas stones in strongman, put them on my shoulders and do squats that way.

When doing high bar, lots of people will have different opinions. You'll get powerlifters who just barely break parallel and you'll get oly lifters that go full ATG. Both will consider it full ROM.

Low bar is a different story. When I go as deep as I can with low bar I tend to get considerable buttwink so I just break parallel which is still fine. Many others also just barely break parallel with low bar simply because the bar placement makes it harder to go full ATG

>I tried high bar ATG but it feels like I completely stop at the bottom and I can't come up
Sounds to me like you have the flexibility to go a2g but you don't go full rom anyway because you simply lack the strength.

i suppose that works, i dont want to risk ripping them though, and i dont know if im up to squatting 40kg yet

If I can't go workout for 2 weeks due to vacation and stomach flu, how much gains would I lose
Can I expect to have to lower the weights as well?

I can squat 2pl8 with the form I described earlier (5x5). The last time I did ATG was with 1pl8 and I had to bail out on the 4th rep. I felt stupid because it was a particularly crowded gym and I was a complete noob back then. Should I go back to attempting ATG with lower weights?

pull ups
push ups
chin ups
squats
sprints
muscle ups
haniging leg raises and window wipers
pick up objects that have some sort of wheight behind them, my gym shut for a week once and i had to deadlift and squat my dad.

alot of parks by me have started putting in some crude workout equiptment so you could use that if they have it near you.

also most commercial gyms around me are around £10 a month, surely you can afford that, if not its time to get a job.

Went on a 2 week vacation with a fever (not the stomach flu) and I came back and found it very hard to move weights that I was moving much easier before vacation.

Had to take a deload and work my way back up. Wasn't too big of a deload (only 20lbs), but still.

Just try to get some form of exercise and don't let your future gym performance affect how much you enjoy your vacation. It's a vacation my dude, kick back and relax. There's no rush in weightlifting. You got years to improve. So enjoy this vacation, cause vacations are rare.

I only got a handful of workouts in in 2 months due to work. Lost 10 pounds. Noticably smaller.

Not sure how much weaker I got since I didn't overdo it yesterday but fuck am I sore today.

Do some pushups and chins if at all possible so you're at least doing something. Throw some split squats in there too.

Anyone here dealt with post weight loss gyno? i used to be 330 pounds now down to 185

Post pics

Holy shit I'm crying

I just came back, now stomach is kill

Are any of these dudes natty?
Not planning on juicing so just want to readjust my expectations (started lifting this month)

youtube.com/watch?v=lzCXnAAGp4Q

guys can i build something with weighted pullups, push ups, chin ups etc? if i eat well
also do bench with 20kg (no more weight) and standing military press

is there a Veeky Forums approved mobility guide for people not being able to go into a squat? i think my hamstrings are too tight but the link in the sticky doesn't work

Is fasted cardio a meme?

What kind of cardiovascular gains do you get from high rep bodyweight stuff? It obviously won't be as good as distance running or whatever, but I want to use it to avoid fucking up my leg day. Also, is it a reasonable way to blow more calories?

So I workout with a barbell at my place, and I just pinched a nerve in my back and is pretty much paralyzed here, managed to drag myself to the chair.
The reason it happened is that my back is fucked up, strong kyphosis, some scoliosis, osteochondrosis and w/e else, so my form often suffers. This is not the first time it happened.
So I ask you, Veeky Forums, should I get a gym membership and switch to machines only so I could get at least some weightlifting in, while sparing my back?
Or should I switch to bodyweight only, spending my days climbing stuff and doing 30 variations of pushups?
And if you could just tell me you love me, it would sooth my pain a bit and maybe I'll be able to get some water and painkillers from the kitchen.

If it helps you reach your goals then do it. Make sure you have a decent trainer though and be aware that the injury rate is kind of high.

Is it normal to BB rows almost as much as you can Bench Press?
I can row 185x5 and my bench is 195x5

You visit a physiotherapist, understand your existing conditions and you new injury, and work on a plan to rehabilitate and build strength in the future.

You may also want to work with a suitably qualified personal trainer who can help you make the decision about which exercises you are able to do.

You need professional advice and guidance.

Is 10 min of moderate intensity cardio daily enough to keep your heart healthy?

Completely depends on the rest of your lifestyle.

If you're a morbidly obese chain smoker it won't make much difference.

What are some things that may cause some strength loss?

Background: I went from 265 down to 202 over the past 10 months. I was going on a 10 day vacation so I knew I would miss some gym time. I decided to take a diet break, eating at maintenance for the week before my vacation. Went on vacation, didn't measure anything but my weight was within 0.5 lbs by time I was back home. I kept my maintenance eating, for the week after and instead of progressing my lifts I redid the week before my vacation to 'ease' back into it. What I found was that I was missing 1-2 reps from every set. I assumed it was just from taking the time off. So after that I resumed my diet (-500), but over the last 2 weeks none of my upper body lifts have hit where they were pre-vacation. I keep failing 1-2 reps short. My weight has stayed the exact same (within +/- 0.2 lbs)

-I'm sleeping fine, 8-8.5 hrs a night
-Eating clean, same as before
-No real added stress, relatively low stress job, beyond just having to clock in 40 a week

If my weight was going down I guess I could see a minor strength loss but its staying the same but i'm just losing reps.

Try testing a 1 rp max

Well if you're constantly missing 1-2 reps, you're not using the same volume as you were to build the strength in the first place - besides the fact you're on a cut.

As long as you're not progressively getting worse then I wouldn't worry too much about what happens on a cut

If you are getting progressively worse, then you're probably overreaching - cut the weight on the bar and build back up so you're not 'failing' every set

Pretty much any trail running shoes. Good grip, light weight and rugged.

Adding to this, I'd just attempt to break volume PRs while you build up to previous workout intensity.

Thanks ill give them both a shot. I guess being a new lifter i've gotten used to progressing every workout and seeing a stall, or even missing a rep or two is frustrating since I know I was able to lift it before.

You can build something - pressing muscles will lack tho as just doing more and more reps with 20kg wont do much

Yeah

Hamstring mobility is almost never the culprit for squats

It depends on how and why you cant manage to squat to determine what to do - but any hamstring stretch will work if that's what you want to try

Check out defrancos limber 11 which is pretty high on hip mobility

Yeah that's fine

People can tend to bench more just because they train it more

Yeah it's fine for what you're describing

How can i convince my gym buddy to train his shoulders with full effort?

Best app or resource for paleo diet meals?

Lead by example. He probably doubts your method because your shoulders are small.

>deadlift and squat my dad
did I read that correct?

Trying to find a fitness couple gif/webm where a blonde chick literally climbs under and over her bf's body. shamelessly asking around to see if anyone else remembers who they were

I always take my protein post strength workout, but is it worth anything to take it after a cardio workout like a hockey game or something?

Is SS as good as they say or should i use another workout program

When will I start seeing progress after I start lifting? Lanklet btw

Idk about how much gains you'll lose, but you might look smaller since the "pump" would be gone.
You'd probably have to deload a bit and work your way back up which is not a problem

I love you, bro

There was this screencap where some guy told Veeky Forums about his custom workout soundtrack he had some girls on /soc/ record for him. He'd masturbate to edging, do his routine, then cum. He'd posted a link.

Anyone have the screencap, or even better, the link?

WHAT'S THE QUICKEST WAY TO 1/2/3/4 FOR 5 REPS?

LIKE WHAT SORT OF ROUTINE WILL GET ME THERE?

CURRENTLY AT 0.5PL8 OHP, 1.5PL8 BENCH, 2PL8 SQUAT, 3PL8 DEAD.

ALSO, HOW DO YOU TAKE COLD SHOWERS FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS? I CAN'T STAY IN LONG ENOUGH WITHOUT MY PENIS SHRIVELLING TO RAISIN STATUS AND TO GIVE MYSELF A GOOD SCRUB.

Sorry for caps but I don't usually get replies on these boards. Have my most hnnnnnnng pic as thanks.

Why am i so fucking tired? I used to be the kind of person that worked fine on 5-7 hours of sleep. Now i sleep maybe 9 hours and i feel dead before half the day has passed. It's probably not beetus, I'm tired regardless of what food routine I'm eating for the day.

Any one have the source for the book about weight loss and drinking water?

>What is important is that you use the full range of motion, however deep that may be. But if you can't go deeper than parallel on high squats, then it's time to start stretching.
I can't get to parallel without my back rounding completely. I'm going to start stretches today but I think it's going to be a long time til I can break parallel with a neutral back

does anyone have experience coming from where I am and can advise a timeframe?

want to get back to squatting heavy asap

SS > TM. Eat like a fucking 400 lbs powerlifter and sleep like a Cinderella and it'll take you a few months.

Cold showers is just about staying calm and breathing calmly instead of hyperventilating. Just accept it.

So I've lost about 30 pounds in 4 months. I feel great about it but there's one issue..

My stomach area looks like absolute shit due to loose skin from the weight loss. It's really discouraging to me.

How long would it take for my skin to adjust to my new weight? What can I do to help improve / speed up the process?

Well you could come to
L O N D O N

You're right. You should never compromise your back for depth. Some people aren't built for squatting and may only hit parallel. It doesn't matter if it's high bar or low bar. People are obsessed with depth for no reason. Sure mobility and streching can improve depth a bit, but you can't change the structure of your body. Full range of motion is the deepest you can go without rounding your back. Period.

youtube.com/watch?v=PkQb2LJtLgo
youtube.com/watch?v=-X1GkG2YgXw&t=1m36s

I'm doing StrongLifts and I like it

I however think I'm wasting days because of the resting periods I need to do.

When is a good time to include accesories to my routine? Also since I want a nice butt I was thinking of adding BB hip thrust or BB glute bridge but I'm just starting with the program and I don't know if I would be overdoing it.

7 to 7.30 hours sleep max
altho when i slept 8.30 h to 9h i felt very strong when lifting heavy compared to 7 hours downside being that you always feel drowsy

>Scooby as a fuckhueg chest and he doesn't do bench press or dips

Am I being memed? Can that really be achieved without them?

It will fix itself eventually, just keep working out.

Unless you can't stand going 6 months without cock, in which case look on google (the answer will probably be surgery)

How can I increase my grip strength?
Also as a taller guy, how can I go lower on squats?

I watched both of the videos, this is the problem I'm having.
I was posting here yesterday about knee pain most likely caused by not squatting deep enough, maybe 2 inches above parallel.
I'm going to stop squatting for now until I have improved my flexibility, it seems like at the moment, I'll either hurt my knees by not going low enough or my back because of rounding

post video, it's the best way to fix ur form
ur knee pain can be caused by a million different things

You're a beginner you don't know shit about how much rest you need.

That being said, 1-2 isolation exercises at the end of your workout probably won't hurt your recovery. That being said, low bar squatting three times a week will already give you a great butt.

I go ATG when I do high bar but only slightly below paralell when i low bar squat. I used to do ATG with low bar but I lose tension in my lower back in the bottom position. But as long as you're below hip crease that's an accepted squat

Can I survive on a diet of fish, rice, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and beet? I don't work out or exercise.

Easily.

So when I was growing up, I was a really fussy eater. I'd avoid vegetables. Eat quite unhealthy.

Only veg I would eat was cucumber and lettuce.

Now I'm older, being more aware of healthy living and want to do better. I've already cut out soft drinks, I've cut out unhealthy snacks as best I can.

My big problem though is, I still struggle with vegetables. We've got a new canteen at work and yesterday I bought a salad box with beef.

This thing had a lot of broccoli, this red lettuce looking vegetable, and the strip's of beef. I struggled to eat it.

Today was better, had grilled chicken on green leaves, some pepper and sweet potato. I ate most of it, but struggled with the peppers and had to drown the flavour with chicken.

So how do I tackle my struggle with vegetables?

I first need to lose some stomach fat that I've had for ages. Do I lift or focus on cardio?

youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY?t=113
let this inspire you

You need the rest because you've never exercised before and your body needs to get used to it. When you're done with your noob gains in 4-8 months you can switch to an intermediate program and they all have LOTS of volume.

Add 2 high rep accessories after each workout. Rdls are also nice for hamstrings/ass and will help your deadlift.

Keep lifting. Your grip is being trained with every exercise you do. But if you want isolate forearms you can do heavy farmer walks or alternating suitcase carry

I'll try to film something tomorrow

the secret of eating a salad is learning how to proper season them.

and well, I use only olive oil. I hate vinegar and don't really use salt. Others use lemon and whatnot. Find out what agrees with you and use it.

just keep it like your salad, light. don't go overboard with dressings and shit, just the basic season.

You need to focus on your diet

Yes.
Farmer's walks, stop using mixed grip until you absolutely have to.
Just...go lower, what's the issue? Height has nothing to do with it.
Focus on your diet. It's infinitely easier to omit 500 calories from your diet than it is to run off 500 calories.

Thanks for the advice, yeah I know that I should rest I just didn't feel sore but you are right.

I will add next week the accesories, thankyou

Guys I just started but I've noticed something

Anything I do I start vibrating like a motherfucker, radical larry levels of vibrating literally shaking.

I can't squeeze my buttcheeks without shaking, is this because my muscles are shit or is it a symptom of something else?

Slowly ease the water increasingly colder and take slow deep breaths.
Also post more

Any step counting app that you would recommend or they all suck?

>counting steps
for what purpose?

either fried cns or you've got something wrong with you.

It's because you just started, it's normal. Just wait for a while and it'll be mostly gone.

Have already sorted my diet a lot. Have cut weight and adding in exercise now.

I'm not that bad.

These are salads I'm buying at work. And struggling with parts of the salads. Like broccoli.

What other vegetables would you recommend?

>>counting steps
>for what purpose?
I want to know how many steps I'm walking when I'm not running and just lifting.

Celery, cabbage (any kind), fava beans, lettuce, chard, spinach, etc

for what purpose?

I'm a complete novice. I wanna work out for ottermode aesthetics, and I hear SS isn't good for that.

What do

>ottormode: big shoulders and chest
>Do SS minus squats, prioritizing bench press and shoulder press
>diet accordingly

Cut until you get to 15% bf, pullups& dips, run 5k 3 times a week.

Is there an alternative for my fitness pal?

It doesn't register how much calories I burn in the gym and sometimes doesn't even count the nutrition facts of my food

Good exercises for building mass in the obliques instead of side bend w/ dumbbells? I'm trying to fix my fucking birthing hips.