The poor most likely need psychological support the most

>the poor most likely need psychological support the most
>cant afford to go to counseling cause prices are so high.
Any of you have any experience with going to any kind of therapy? Did it help you? How?

Wrong board you stupid nigger.

Therapists can vary, you kinda need to find one that can push you. Shop around.

I've found many are too willing to just listen to me vent.

Can you elaborate about your experience? Why did you decide to go? What happens there? What are your insights or conclusions?

Therapists and psych medication are bullshit. Talk to your friends and family, hold yourself accountable and be healthy.
>t. formerly diagnosed Schizof*ggot

>just bee urself bro
Great advice, you revolutionized psychtherapy

I've spoken to therapists on two occasions; I was going through a very bad period of depression at the time and was forced to. It wasn't a particularly helpful experience for me. Both times involved the professionals telling me things I already knew about why I was depressed, and giving me tips that I already knew.

But I'm fully aware that the circumstances had more to do with my reaction that the idea of therapy itself. I was forced into it, so I wasn't happy about it anyway, and I was in such a bad state that honestly institutionalization would have made more sense. Plus, for overly analytical people like me, it's probably less effective in general. For most people, in most situations, it's probably very helpful.

You can waste time and money for your entire life if you want to on "recovery". I wasn't implying it was a revolutionary concept.

I turned my whole life around. I'd probably be homeless if it weren't for therapy.

means you're getting tortured by God and that place is where you scream in agony
>have you tried having a schedule?

Not him but I'll give it a shot

>they fish issues out of you by phrasing and framing questions
>you vent about your life
>they give you tips and tricks to work on things and try and help you work out the knots in your psyche

>I decided to go because I was miserable and my willpower stopped being enough to keep me afloat
>I was sick of being suicidal

>one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Your extremely rare case of a schizo who recovered without therapy or drugs is beyond the norm and a total useless point of discussion. Congrats on being either a superhero or a liar.

the lucky third

Elaborate?

Actually one third just has one phase and "heals". Another third becomes chronic, the rest heals with residual symptoms

Talking to a therapist was nice for having a person I could vent to and share things about myself that I would never speak of to anyone ever. But I never discovered anything new about myself.

>still on Veeky Forums
You might need some more therapy user.

Does that one third do it without therapy or drugs?

Hey man, if you give me a more entertaining anonymous website than this or reddit I'm all ears.

I've been in and out of psych wards and on tons of different meds from teenage years to early adulthood. The psych wards were basically jail and medication just made me dumb enough to not be able to think about anything. I'd rather deal with delusions and talk to friends and family about it sometimes than be in a half retarded stupor my entire life from heavy doses of antipsychotics. I still keep seroquel at hand just in case it really does get too bad to deal with, but I've been pretty stable for a few years now.

Yeah man, I'm sure drugs or treatment had absolutely nothing to do with your recovery, despite the fact that you literally keep drugs on hand to deal with it.

yes

Went to group therapy for suicidal thoughts. Didn't really help as I wasn't comfortable sharing personal shit with a bunch of strangers.
I ended up not continuing to go to the sessions and started working towards getting better on my own. Everything is okay now.

>cant afford to go to counseling cause prices are so high.
>124 burgercoins/year is to much for a burger to bare.

That about some pop culture point of view? Since it's humanities board ffs.
I used to be weak minded and still is. Psychiatrist was a waste of money. But eventually, by 26, I realized I accumulated a sizable amount of books, music, even games and so on which were really good to me and I was stricken by a curious thought. Say I'm finally dead. What if hypothetical someone will learn a fan of amazing *** comic is also a freak of nature? This is unthinkable, I liked the thing and it celebrates bravery and diligence, and then I went ahead and died from a stroke I got out of beautifully nurtured hypertension I got from being afraid to leave my basement and working night shifts sometimes, once I ran out of food. What do you think about that? I suddenly hated the thought being a shitty fan of a great thing so hard it fucking changed my life. Took me long enough! And I don't even tell people what I like. I'm fucking ancient and I got to cheapo college and so far I'm good. ... [/blog]
Analysis of this I could muster would be the problems of unloved manchildren can't be solved by doctors and pills. You need love whatever the source is.

bunch of misspellings, rip

>lucky enough that his family isn't shitty
See beyond yourself.

Eurofag with a question.

Does any fellow eurofag ever went to a therapist (do they even exist in Europe)?

Nah because I dont find it helpful to get one session a month until, due to bureaucracy, I get a new shrink and gotta start from square one.

move to sweden where health care is free of charge

I have a loving extended family that I talk to constantly, adequate romantic and social life, good financial and educational background, am well read and well traveled, pursue creative outlets through a multitude of mediums, exercise regularly and have outdoor hobbies such as sailing and motorcycle racing. Despite all this the only thing that kept me from blowing my brains out with my dad's 44. magnum was a daily prescription of lexapro and bi weekly therapist visits

>I've found many are too willing to just listen to me vent.
isn't that like the vast majority of the job

I don't get this. I worked in Sweden for a year. I had to pay each visit to the doctor and buy the medicine. Granted it's not a big sum; cca 20€ per visit for a regular doctor (the dentist was really expensive) but seeing that I paid for health care through tax, it just seems strange.

>free