/PLG/ Powerlifting General

My mom says you have to post in my thread or you cant come to my birthday party

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=INBY84sqrR0
youtube.com/watch?v=JnTggcWzkas&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's definitely something to be happy about then.

Forgot your trip panzer

Why isn't decline bench allowed in contest if sumo deadlift is?

Besides sheiko, do you lads know of any programs that are high volume af? Preferably with room for lots of bodybuilding fluff work

whoops

I was posting on another board last night

because your dad touches you at night

George leemans programs ;^)

Also be careful what you wish for.
t. mr I can rep ,y max for 5 sets of 5 man

Because a bench press with an arch is already basically a decline bench

I'd probably say its because adjustable benches are first of all shit and you would need those to give people the option between flat or decline when sumo vs conventional requires no new platform

GZCL J&T 2.0

>t. mr I can rep ,y max for 5 sets of 5 man
I don't understand

Are high bar memers the only thing more cancerous than highbar olyboos?

Are you an adult? I just can't tell

PhMeme

Nothing in that sentence went correctly tbqh

>use wrist wraps
>Barely alleviate tendinitis
J U S T

High bar is mega comfy though

Recorded my bench sets the other day and my arch is a fucking joke holy shit I thought it was amazing

But my stroke is so tiny. My arms are seriously short, even with lmaonoarch.

I don't understand how I'm bad at bench lol

t. never tried lowbar for more than a week

Do the band stretch from here
m.youtube.com/watch?v=INBY84sqrR0

And tell me how your back is

If you don't I'll get mad at you, this is your first warning. Let boardshorts know I'm mad at him btw.

Dietmar nigga. 4 day volume is where it's at

SPEAKING OF

HERE'S WHAT I'M TRAINING TODAY
share your day if you would like to

It's an easy way to keep the thread on track

It'll be here for the duration of the thread

Yeah but my problem is when people say that one is inherently better than the other it's obnoxious

those are fighting words

Well, obviously

Wait for the injury to recover first you fat retard.

High bar squats are a great assistance and allows you to take stress off the shoulder and elbow for a bit. Dont only low bar...

The Quads

Without a doubt, this is probably the biggest change one will need to make to their training from the equipped lifters. With the forward knee travel, the range of motion and stress placed on the knee and quads increases. Building this strength is going to be vital to getting out of the hole, but also continuing the acceleration of the lift through the sticking point. The quads are huge muscles, and I challenge you to find a raw lifter with big quads that isn’t squatting some impressive numbers.

But What About the Hamstrings?

The hamstrings are still very important for the raw squatter. After all, the descent of the lift is loading them eccentrically, and they are going to provide a good stretch reflex from coming out of the bottom. However, they are not nearly as important to the equipped lifter who will be sitting back more into the gear and have a drastically more posterior chain dominant squat.

If your hamstrings are incredibly weak, then yes, you do need to do hamstring work! There is no such thing has having hamstrings that are too strong. But, relying on your hamstrings to be the dominant mover of your squat is incorrect.

The stronger your hamstrings, the stronger your quads can get. Your hamstrings are going to help stabilize the tibia while it transfers the force from the floor, into the legs, up through the torso, and into the bar. So the better you can stabilize the tibia, the more the quads can do their job and the healthier your knees will be.

So your take home point here: Train your hamstrings to be strong enough to handle the strength your quads want to display. For some, this might mean you need a ton of hamstring work

little aaron an user is mad at you

ok I'll try it and see how it goes. thanks user

You get pissed off at the most minor and petty shit
God you're fucking annoying. KYS desu

Maturity is not the same as age.
18 year olds think they are adults, 21 year olds think they are adults.
Shit there are people almost 30 that still think they are adults. Being an adult is spending every waking moment at work because you can't stand your wife who is becoming fatter and fatter and you really just want to ring your childs neck. Every moment you contemplate suicide because of how shitty everything has turned out, but you really don't want to die so you give up your dreams and become a mindless robot for the jew industrial machine.
I'm content with not being an adult just yet.

Ya boi CWS trains highbar for his volume work, and switches to lowbar for peaking.

Do the stretch for about 1-2 minutes on both legs. Raise your leg slightly in the air and hold it for as long as possible. I can barely last a minute after doing this for months.

1 of 2

After 2-3 weeks of low bar it feels comfy as fuck.

Feel better soon please, senpai.

Pic related, plus pause deads, farmers walk, weighted ab wheel, and leg curl

Can't, high bar or mid bar is gonna cause me to fail squats. I'll be doing high bar for all accessory work though. Use a thick bar one time for squats and this bullshit flares up again ;-;

Just met a card carrying USAPL member at a tiny gym in a town of ~3-5000

Small worled

2 of 2

Are you doing your curls bb? I did all kinds of arm shit today. Rows, curls, OHP, lat pull downs. Strolling around town like a right peaceful motherfugger

>Massive front squat PR
What did you hit, holmes? How does it compare to your back squat?

>I was posting on another board last night
It better have been /bka/ (balloon knot aficionados)

>share your day if you would like to
Week 4 day 3 of the memelith is in the books. Another 20 rep squat set. The meme builds within me.

>I can barely last a minute
I bet you can't

Gym is closed for 10 days starting friday

Yes. 5x10 hammer curls twice a week, on top of chins + neutral grip cable rows 2x a week

>I met someone else who powerlifts at a gym
Wow, no way!?

Where is this from? Do similar charts exist for bench and deadlift?

>tfw Trappy is not back yet
I just want another br to talk to

More like three years. I'll (probably) give myself six or eight weeks LB before my December meet but then again, maybe not.

Not at the moment but ill screenshot as soon as they are

Well, I am surprised because it is a tiny gym in a tiny, tiny town in upstate Michigan

Fuk u Alex

I also just bought my USAPL membership this morning so it seemed serendipitous

I haven't heard that word in a long time

Got 3 reps, went for a 4th, but I just didn't have it. Happy I didn't fail :)

>Got 3 reps
Some days you just hit the minimum and call it a day. If it becomes a trend, though... then it's deload time (or assistance modification time).

Push Press for heavy sets of three

Deadlift for a training max and a couple backoff sets

Chins and Dips superset

-accessories-

youtube.com/watch?v=JnTggcWzkas&feature=youtu.be

I've gotten the minimum for all but one, maybe two squat sets ever, and this is my 4th cycle. It'll probably improve somewhat when I decrease my deficit soon.

That hyper extension will fuck your shit up

Short femurs, lift doesn't count.

>decrease my deficit soon.
Completely forgot that you're running a deficit...

That makes your progress even more impressive.

>5/3/1 confirmed for top-tier cutting program :)

How's your morale holding up on Dietmar?

295 front for a 30 lbs PR, 385 for a technically sound back squat a week earlier

I like the format of x-y amount of reps say 5-8 or 3-6, it allows everyday factors to be taken into account like shit sleep/not eaten enough/dehydrated/long day at work/generally run down etc but still allow you to progress, you might hit the minimum reps one session but hit the max next session when you feel good, averaging out at the number of reps/level of volume a traditional programme will have you doing. Means you arent demoralised at not hitting all your reps one day or feeling like you had too much in the tank the next.

Then like you say if its constantly the minimum then changes need to be made

I was pretty happy that my lifts have pretty much maintained themselves. Ohp has stayed exactly the same :)

Asked this in another thread.
Im in the middle of nowhere without a gym and staying here for a month. What should i do to mantain gains?

>Fuk u Alex
Just joking around, lad.
That's cool you have someone to lift with.

>in a training class for work today
>being taught by a guy named Chad

>it allows everyday factors to be taken into account
5/3/1 gets a lot of hate, but it really is stupid-proof strength training that works for the vast majority of lifters looking to move their gym numbers.

Grats, holmes. Front squat is 76% of your back squat, which is pretty darned decent!

>middle of nowhere
Time for some dinosaur training. Go find some tires to flip, some logs to carry up a mountain, some axles to press :) Grow a beard.

How's training for nats next month going?

Bodyweight stuff? Or this

>those perfect levers

How much does Machoke Deadlift you think?

If you reached your maximum potential of size and strength and you had the option to press a button and all your work would be lost and you'd start from the beginning however this time you got to choose your leverages.

Would you press it?

Hey friends. What do you wash your knee sleeves on? Also do they get tighter after you wash them? Should I be worried?

No

I put them in the washing machine as hot as it goes then leave them in the sun for hours

Irrelevant because no one ever actually reaches their maximum.

For my current level... I would totally press that button.

>What do you wash your knee sleeves on?
Hand wash them with some warm water and a little detergent, then just air dry them.

I've also thrown them in with the wash, but it grosses me out a bit... neoprene soaks up some straight nasty off your knee-pits.

They might tighten temporarily, but it shouldn't be a problem unless you're using them to cheat (in which case, you should just use wraps).

There was this hairless girl at my gym who squatted like 180kg with wraps only
I haven't seen her in a year and I though she died of cancer

But then I saw her today so there we go I guess, she's okay :)

I do a modified version more geared towards top end strength and just tweak what i want

Not going now i hurt my back moving an electric recliner sofa at work cause the other guy dropped it. Been eating 2500 cals with sub 60g carbs for a week and a half now, might as well lose some fat while i cant train 100%

Ok, thanks guys!

done tripping for now family

you mean like prestige mode for lifting? nah, I like my leverages how they are

I just wash them with my darks, but let them air dry instead of machine dry

How did the band stretch go

Good luck, friend.

You might lose some strength specificity, but that doesn't mean that you can't preserve or improve certain aspects of your strength and conditioning.

You could build a real solid GPP foundation, then train like a monster when you come back to civilization.

God speed.

Hope you get better soon!

Why. I like it when you trip

>Knee sleeves in the mail

intensity is more important than volume desu

hello friend

would you like to

be trained for the ARMA 3's

Does anyone feel better pulling sumo with more forward feet?

what sleeves are they? SBD?

I've actually been thinking about washing them (for the first time) lately because wew

>forward feet

I like positive knee angle but what do you mean by that?

I don't own any bands, but I did the other stuff that he said to do and based on the way he described the injury, it sounds like exactly what I've got going on. I'll do the band stretch tonight after I do my slingshot 1RM attempts and let you know how it goes.

>can't do 2/3rds of the lifts
>weak as balls right now (implying I ever wasn't)
>stupid
pick any of these

I used a trip so that I could talk about the meet and stuff, but I think that time is done. now back to business a usual

yes SBD. I do the same with my wrist wraps

Feet pointed between completely straight ahead and a 45° angle. Feels better to break off the floor for me that way, for whatever reason.

The band stretch is the best thing in the video.
Ive got a bulging disc but squat and deadlift pain free all because of that band stretch before every session.

Plus squeeze glutes hard on all lifts which you probably do cause you out lift me by a lot

Aight, I was a bit put off by the whole "HAND WASH ONLY" shit, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

>girl sitting next to me doesn't have a bra on and I can see 90% of her tiddies

Take a picture and post here and ask her if she's an archeologist

take a pic.
remember to mute your phone first.

>Implying his gf's cartel lord uncle wouldn't cut off his cock if he tried it

I just wanted to thank you for this tip, bro.
My knee sleeves have started smelling a bit funky, so I reckon it's high time I washed them.
Incidentally, did you know that giant pandas don’t roar like other bears, but bleat like goats or honk, growl and bark to communicate? Or for that matter, aren't very gigantic - At most 1.9 meters long, and 0.9 meters tall at the shoulder, weighing up to 160 kilos. That's less than some people in this thread!

Reminds me of that picture of the skinned face with his cock cut off and stuffed in his mouth

Don't be so quick to assume. He only found out like a month ago that you should keep the bar as close to your shins as possible for deads. He just tries really hard at everything.

I try hard on everything but I just injure myself and get so fatigued I can't lift like 80% of my max

My turn for being strong when ??

you sure do sound like a stunted manchild

Rest day tbqh.

Yesterday was lowbar, bench, ohp and rows. Gonna be doing my own memegramming leading up to my meet in november instead of canned memes.

Anyone here know about the efficacy of doing short cuts?

Eg, one or two weeks at a highish deficit every couple months

Probably never, sound like a genetic dead end, like most of us, myself included

That single looked pretty decent senpai. Good job

THIS MAY SOUND STUPID BUT HOW DO I DROP THE BAR WHEN DEADLIFTING

the compressive forced hurt my hands and lower back...