QTDDTOT

Questions That Doesn't Deserve Their Own Threads: Thread

>I drink about 3-4 litres of water every gym session. I'm there working out 1.5h - 2 h. I sweat like a waterfall. Is this normal?

If I don't eat at all except for water and run 5-6 miles a day, will I lose weight fast?

Auschwitz-mode

Should I do DB shoulder press one arm at a time or both same time?

Two at the time, while standing

Gonna do some HIIT on my elliptical today. What's a good pattern to follow? 30 seconds on 60 off?

Is 5'9 135 lbs skelly mode?

>want to socialize more
>start going out with friends a few times a week
>there's a few girls
>one grill laughs at me and says that I'm too quiet and don't talk much, pointing this out a few times over the span of a couple days
>shrug it off and think that she has no interest in me
>she adds me on facebook
What the fuck do I talk with grills about brehs? I'm shit at small talk and at socializing in general
I'm not interested in relationships either at this moment, but I don't want to autistically decline the friendship request either

When girls hug me they run their hands up my tshirt sleeve why do they do this?

accept the friend request you fucking retard

I hate deadlifts and am scared of them. I'm going to stop doing them.

Is that okay?

How can I tell if my squat form is good if I'm at home with no one else around that knows what's what?

why can i concentrate curl 25kg for reps but i can only hammer grip curl 12.5?

there is a software called kinovia or something,you can use it to track your form with a camera. i havent tried it myself but people swear by it.

record yourself?

Don't have anything to record with. The camera on my phone has been fucked for ~a year. Guess I can pick up a cheap webcam though. Cheers

I can't stop telling people I'm 6ft. Seriously.
>at gym yesterday
>qt3.14s near me talking about guy in squat rack and giggling
>overhear one saying I love tall guys they make me weak at the knees
>for some reason I lean over and ask if I look my height I say I'm 6ft 2
>girls give me weirdest look and burst out laughing then walk off
This isn't the first time this has happened. I'm 5ft 6 but feel taller, is it that obvious? Why do I keep doing this?

>Why do I keep doing this?
napoleon syndrome

Because you feel inferior,which you shouldnt.
you should've say 'mind your own businnes' while giving them the dead rich piana look.

Do you think?
Honestly I spend the whole rest of the day running this round my head and I can't fucking work out why I do it?

lol dummy she digs you. if she wasn't interested she simply wouldn't even notice you. guys who women are not attracted to are like extras in the background of a movie, invisible. she had to consciously type in your name into the search bar, which means she was thinking about you.

don't worry about small talk, I'm a quiet guy IRL too. women are all motormouths, even the shy ones. it's in their nature as hive creatures. learn to listen and ask questions. a 'how was ur day' is gauranteed 15 minutes of blabbing. it's fun and cute to watch them talk about stuff that makes them bubbly and happy, even if it's the dumbest shit.

What does GOAT mean?

you're just insecure about your weight and you're radiating this to your surroundings.
the sooner you accept you're 5'6 the better.
accept it,embrace it,and you'll radiate confidence instead.
best of luck
greatest of all time

I raised my hips too fast on a deadlift yesterday and my lower spine is in pain as a result. I've taken this as a valuable learning lesson. Could anyone add more value by giving me advice to treat this pain I'm having? I've tried foam rolling and stretching.

>be grill with weak shoulders and back
>want to do impressive pull ups/chin ups

How do I do pull ups?

You might die before losing the weight m8
Don't be autistic and just eat on a deficit like a regular human being

work on curls,rows,and eccentric pullups.
basically you jump and start from the top of the pullup,and you tense your muscles to go down very slowly.
you should be able to curl and row at least 1/4th of your weight and lat pulldown your own weight before you can do a pullup. you should also do planks since pullups require good core strength (mainly abs)

I am grill with ex-weak shoulders and back. All I did was "try" to do pull ups. I mean, you get to the bar, you hang there, and you try your hardest to do pulls ups. Even if you can't do one rep, you're gettiung stronger. Next time you can do 3/4 of a pull up. Then 1.2, then 1.8 and so on.

Same deal with pushups. I couldn't do a single pushup when I started.

Assist machine, lat pulldowns. Nothing umique, just work hard. Get those biceps stronger too

You will die

>assist machine
just no,that machine is terrible.

To each his own. I love using the pull up assist as a finisher after I do my working sets.

Do you guys shower at the gym? Whenever I go I am surrounded by old man shlongs and sometimes they walk in and go to the shower right next to me.

>couldn't do a single push up
Strange, I can do push ups but not a single pull up. Did you start doing this in the gym or? I'm scared of people laughing at me.

Thanks, I'll keep working at these

Go to the gym if you won't be eating for a day or two - y/n?

>won't be eating for a day or two
>gym

The two shouldn't be in the same sentence unless you're telling people what not to do. Please don't go to the gym if you haven't eaten anything for 24+ hours.

Thanks, I figured the right answer would be no for many reasons.

I do it to save water since my town is greedy as fuck. Good thing my gym has private showers

I want to bulk and get lots of mass, are weighted crunches, with barbell plate, necessary?

>weighted calisthenics

How to get calves bigger pls

how much is water in your town? Even with liberal water usage in AZ I only had to pay like 30 bucks a month.

I live a 10 minute walk from my gym. I treat the walk as my cool-down and shower at home.

I just started this routine yesterday.
I'm on a permanent bulk 5'6 150 lbs.
Just got done a 3 month break (lazy fuck)

>dumbbell calf raises
>stiff legged dumbbell deadlift
>dumbbell squats
>barbell bench press
>dumbbell flys
>hammer curls
>dumbbell curls
>lying tricep extensions
>dips
>dumbbell rows

Tried to squeeze in wide grip pull ups, but I was too exhausted to do one out of my usual 7. Need to change routine up a bit, but is this too much, or is it fine? Was planning on doing this 3 days a week: M/W/F

Anything you would add/remove? I only have a bench press, dumbbells and that cool door hanging pull up bar.

>What's that dinosaur all about on the sticky?
>what does ss/sl mean?

I literally leave a pool on the platform and have to wipe down the bench after every lift or else I'll slip off. Sweaty as fark reporting in

I was always freaked out by changing rooms while growing up, I could never do a public shower.

why don't you read the fucking sticky and find out

Currently losing weight and going to take two weeks off from the gym to focus on studying, how bad you think my lifts will suffer? I've lost 10 lbs and they've already all gone down between 5-15 lbs.

How much change should I expect visually in the first month (or the first three months) If I do SL and have a good calorie intake?

>tfw when I can't read

Why are you taking two weeks off? Surely you have room for 3 hours a week to still lift during non-study hours.

For 3 people showering once a day and each flushing the toilet 4x/day, $180/month. Since I started showering there, it went down to $130/month. Thank goodness the city is getting sued for illegal price gouging because thry don't know shit about how to run a budget.

Depends on where you're starting from.

Is this your first time lifting? What's your height/weight/gender? Bulking or cutting?

>$180 a month for regular water usage

WHAT THE FUCK

What third-world shithole do you live in user? You could literally buy bottled water and bathe using that for less.

First time, 5'1 136 (I know) female, cutting

Yeah, hence the lawsuits. Someone got a job there, quickly found out they were price gouging because they were idiots who wasted a lot of money and didn't properly keep track of the budget, and gave it to lawyers.

You're not going to see much of a visual change, if any. The for-sure way to track your progress is to weigh yourself once a week in the same conditions (IE: In the morning after your first piss/shit and before eating or drinking anything).

If you eat the correct amount of calories, you should be able to lose a pound a week. Your TDEE is around 1600 calories, so I'd suggest eating 1100 per day and keep protein high.

christ how did no one notice that shit sooner?

no. get good form and keep doing them

I end up having to wait for equipment a lot so each visit ends up taking around 2 hours, plus driving there and back plus showers, we're talking 3 hours of out my day for each session.

That's my intake at the moment so I'm glad I'm doing that right, and thanks for the input

how do i get gf?

even with good form deadlifts are still dangerous

alright, I see that. School gym's are shit.

Your lifts will suffer, but not horrendously so. Maybe expect a 5-10lb drop on heavy lifts and less on lighter lifts. You should be able to rebound fairly quickly though.

>even with good form deadlifts are still dangerous

It started off slow as "price increase to make updates." Well, some updates were done, but the bills kept going up. No projects for awhile but yet lots of spending. People finally got suspecious and then someone decided to get a job, found out, and got the evidence to give to lawyers.

Not as bad as I was thinking, thanks

gfs are a meme, you cant get one

mane, deadlifts are one of the best exercises there is. man up, learn good form, and use them to strengthen a huge part of your body.
fucking alpha too

manletskellymode.

>can get the same strength from isolation exercises and sumo deadlift with a fraction of the risk
wooooow

>risk

pull ups are a hell of a lot harder than a push up
if your gym has one, you can use a supported pull up machine. Used one of those myself for fucking mopnths before I could do a proper set of pull ups

and dont worry about people judging you. basically noone can do a pull up to start with, maybe some guys start of being able to do 1. As long as you're putting in effort, nobody in the gym who is not an asshole will judge you anyway.

meh. personally I fucking hate crunches or anything to do with abs.
you're not going to gain mass by doing crunches anyway, do other exercises.

10 sets of 12-15 reps calf raises with as heavy as you can manage, as often as you can manage a week.
also dont have shitty genetics

I'd say take out flies, replace with military press
take out hammer curls, replace with pull ups/lat pull downs
good on you for putting calves in there straight away

I have a huge strength discrepancy. Just started lifting about a month ago and I can barely get 3 sets of 8 reps, 15lb curls on my left arm. My right can curl way more on easy mode. Luckily there isn't much of a size difference in the mirror. Any tips on quickly increasing size on my left

I wouldnt advise going as low as 1100, try 1200-1300, still with high protein. wont lose weight as fast, but you will avoid you body getting fucky

>sumo deadlift
>fraction of the risk

>same strength from isolation exercises

no

no, just continue to lift the same with both arms, it will equal out soon enough

A girl of that height can easily go to 1100, her TDEE is only like 1600.

>but you will avoid you body getting fucky
All that will happen is that she'll barely lose any weight at all. She should stick with the 1100 diet. Honestly I was going to suggest 1000 but I figured she was close enough to 1600 that it didn't matter.

Hello, please may you comment and criticise on my routine? Does it look like I have no idea what I'm doing?

It's SS but I modified it. I'm an Auschwitz-mode skinny skeleton. I started lifting a week ago.

No, there are no squats. I don't care about quads and I hate the movement.

Cheers.

deadlift first
wheres ur squats
you probably can't do pullups
ohp first
do regular pendlays or seal rows

Why do I look ripped and muscular at 6ft 130 pounds. I don't look Auschwitz mode at all. Ribs don't show, have defined muscles etc. My bones and torso are really slim but is that really enough to make up for the 20 or so pounds I should have for the way I look

I can do 5 pull ups on 80% ROM but not from a dead hang, so they probably don't count

What can I substitute for them? I can do underhand (chinups) easily but not sure if the same muscles are worked.

really? I mean, it's not my expertise, but for me cutting down from 3800 to 3300 a day is a massive deal, and for her the 500 kcal cut is going to relatively an even bigger chunk out of her daily intake. like, that's a 3rd, same as if I were to cut down to 2500 kcal, which is insane

Oh shit, I'm 6'0 130lb and I am certainly Auschwitz as fuck. You probably just have overhead lighting in your bathroom which makes you look ripped, sorry.

desu the entire thing is shit and i'm 99% sure you're baiting me

do negatives or assisted pullups as an alternative

no the same muscles aren't worked

lat pulldowns on a machine until you can do full rom pull ups
squat
and maybe add in some arms? just as an extra, they're fun

probably body dysmorphia going in the opposite direction of the rest of this board

Maybe, I can bench more than my bodyweight 140 1rm. I curl 30 lb for 10. I feel like for my height and weight I should be weaker and less muscular. Keep in mind my wrists are 5.5 inches and I have a super slim body. I guess my organs are smaller than average? Idk where the lost weight comes from

Should I start buying protein so I can get enough macros? I will try to go as low as 1050-1100.

Sucks a bit I won't see any big changes, I just want my gut gone but I'm liking this lifestyle anyways so I'll be patient, thanks

Yes, really. I wouldn't recommend going under 800 cal/day since that's around the basic amount of energy a girl needs for a day, but a 500 cal deficit for just about anyone who is overweight is perfectly fine.

And someone like you who's cutting from 3800 could easily have a deficit of 1000 calories and still be fine.

I have wide hips and a narrow waist. I am currently cutting, is there anything that I can do to even out my core? I don't want an hourglass figure as a man. I alreasy work out lats and delts to try and get my upper body bigger. (5'10" 155 lbs atm)

The thing you have to keep in mind is that it didn't take a month to gain that weight, so it's not gonna take a month to lose it either.

Protein powder is always a good investment, just be sure not to cheap out on it. Myprotein is constantly recommended due to fairly good protein contents and a lot of sales to pick it up for low prices.

What do you mean

Veeky Forums recommended I do tricep isolation to improve my OHP (after 2 weeks of struggling with the bar and failing to add weight), so I tried some bodyweight dips today. I did 3 sets of 4 (4 was as many as I could do), but it was really difficult. Should I continue with such low volume, or try some other, easier tricep exercise at a high volume?

Just buyed Lipo 6 black and CLA fat burners.

Are fat burners a meme?

True, true.
I live in a spic country so I will look out for that one, otherwise one that has kind of the same content.

Also for the anons worried I nowadays don't eat that much anyways, I just do coffee-lunch-coffee-a snack and always end up between 1000-1100 so it should be allright