HAHA TIME FOR TEA & COFFEE THREAD

HAHA TIME FOR TEA & COFFEE THREAD

Discuss your fav brands and flavors, the pros and cons of using them for Veeky Forumsness, and how much you drink.

I drink green tea in the spring/summer, black tea in the fall/winter and oolongs all year. I can give specific recs but I'm nearly exclusively drinking Chinese tea. Taiwan/Japan are cool but expensive teas while Indian teas are really hit or miss. Tea is the best way to get caffeine and theanine but I will have a French press of single estate coffee when in the mood.

how the fuck do you get green tea looking like that? mine always comes out darker and more brownish and yellowish.

>Tea is the best way to get caffeine

what do you mean by this? a cup of coffee will contain more caffeine than a cup of tea will.

I work at Tim Horton's so I naturally consume a lot of coffee. I'm trying to cut back by replacing it with tea and water, but damn if coffee doesn't just taste better, period. Coffee with cream and sugar is just good no matter where you get it.

Plus, since coming back from Japan all brands of bagged green tea taste like shit. Earl Grey is still pretty dope though

Depends on what kind, I think. Matcha is usually pretty green.

Any Jap Green Tea that is worth importing?

The quality of the leaves makes a difference. Pic is shopped a bit plus good lighting, but you can come close with good, loose leaf tea. Also make sure you don't over-steep (usually =>3 min) or over extract (180-195F water).

I didn't mean it has more caffeine, I think it's the best way to take it. Basically as if I were to say I like drinking beer better than liquor. It has a lot more notropics other than caffeine like theanine. Some teas even have GABA.

I drink green and chamomile tea

Den's tea and yuuki-cha are probably the best bang for your buck. Japanese tea is the most expensive tea. Not necessarily the best, just the most rare. Japanese green tea is more grassy tasting while Chinese is more citrusy like an ipa.

White tea and black coffee.

Coffee and chicory, two cups a day one in the morning and one 30 minutes before workout.
So fucking good.

Japanese Sencha all the way. I fucking love sencha tea. Iced, warm, whatever. It's delicious, packed with l-theanine, got caffeine. Nootropic effects and less of an on-edge feeling than coffee. Also, full of antioxidants

japanese based green teas are green. and chinese based are yellow/brown

Thanks, I ordered some japanese sencha tea, never had it before.

Sencha is just the name for their first harvest green tea, that being said its fucking great

Sencha just means brewed tea, i.e. leaf tea. As opposed to matcha which is fine ground tea.
It sounds like someone memed you a bit.

Not this guy, but sencha tastes more fresh than regular green tea for some reason. No idea why though, I'm no expert. Perhaps it's time to read up on tea.

Meh, still interested to try something new, no biggie.
Plus it may be a flavor that I like, it was highly reviewed on amazon

I run on tea and water. More on tea in the colder seasons. Favourites include mint, melissa, blackcurrant and green tea. Black tea is a staple due to convenience, my family always has a pot of ceylon ready.

Sage is great when your throat hurts, nettle tastes nicely refreshing.

For sweets, black tea with milk and sugar is already a sweet in itself and I'm a sucker for any green tea treats.

I wasn't trying to shit on it too much. Japan basically only makes green tea, and as someone said above, it's different from Chinese tea. The quality of the specific tea is probably good.