I just failed my 405lb deadlift pr with two gym qts nearby...

I just failed my 405lb deadlift pr with two gym qts nearby, I couldn't lift it after setting a 365 and 385 pr with 7 minutes rest in-between

What can I do to not embarrass myself next week when I attempt it again?

> What can I do to not embarrass myself next week when I attempt it again?

Suicide's always an option.

Found the butthurt DYEL that never deadlifts

eat 4000kcal/day, there's no way you'll fail

So you added 40 lbs to your pr you just broke?

Are you avin a giggle m8?

No I just really want to reach 4pl, it's at my finger tips

I never do singles so I never had a "single" pr
Tbh I'm gonna do GOMAD for a week, FUCK IM GONNA LIFT THIS WEIGHT

Fuck off with this garbage thread you faggot

>Ask for deadlift pr tips
>Garbage
>Veeky Forumsness

Bump for deadlift pr tips

Today I did 275-315-365-385-405 all for 1 rep to warn up. Should I not do 385? 365 flew off the ground quick (which is why I went to 385) but 405 I was unable to get off the ground.

Anything I should do in the next week or two to reach 4 pl8 deadlift? Should I skip squats to let me recover for next week? Should I be deadliftung?

i broke lmao3pl8 for 5 like 2 months ago, so keep that in mind with my "advice", unless youre a lardass youve probably been deadlifting longer.

Whenever I PR I always add 50lbs per set, and do 1 less rep. eg, 135x5, 185x4, 225x3, 275x2, 315x5 was when I finally hit 3pl8.

Usually skip the last warmup set too, it isnt really a warmup when it's draining.

If you wanna attemp 405 you should warm up with this:
225x5
275x3
315x2
365x1

>I never do singles so I never had a "single" pr
>Today I did 275-315-365-385-405 all for 1 rep to warn up. Should I not do 385?

What were your working sets like before attempting singles? (Weight x reps)
Are you using chalk and hook grip?

It's okay user just failed my 185 Ohp pr

I'll be going for 250kg x1 (quarter ton baby) tomorrow.
Nailed 240kg last week pretty cleanly which was a PR.

I know going for a 1RM PR 2 weeks in a row is a bit silly buttfuck it, I'm feeling good and want to get 250kg done.

The way I warm up to PRs atm is like this. Obviously the weights will change in future.

60kg x10
80kg x8
100kg x5
120kg x5
140kg x5
160kg x3
180kg x2
200kg x1
220kg x1
PR attempt.

Also here is an old gif of me doing 200kg x5. (cant see the 10kgs on the end before anyone says shit)

>try to set new OHP PR
>lmao 1pl8
>listening to slayer for those anger gains
>can't lift it
>metaphorically unable to get it up
>qt doing some meme shit starts giggling at my purple face
>struggle to bring it down slowly
>rack it
>look at qt and scream WTF ARE LAUGHING AT!?!
>asked to leave
>had to find new gym now

Thanks user I gassed my glutes doing 385 I'm pretty sure

I feel I'm 1-2 weeks away and it's agonizing
FUARK failing prs suck
I did 315 for 1x5 but I could do 3x5 but I didn't since it made my squats hell later in the work out

Mixed grip so my grip wouldn't fail (only use mixed for prs and when my overhand fails)

Thanks user, when I broke 3 plate I just jumped from 2 plat 1 rep to 2.5plat 1 rep then I did 3 plat, it's just too draining to do too many reps, but then stretching is necessary

>post failure embarrassment
>iktfb
If someone laughed at my failure I would've been angry as fuck
What do you do the week leading up to a pr?

Doesn't doing so many reps drain your energy?

I know what you mean though when you're close to a benchmark it's just too FUCK hard not to go for it

I don't really do much different in the week leading up to it. Just make sure diet and sleep are all good, and make sure my PR attempt is scheduled in the late afternoon/early evening because I always feel at my strongest at that time. Also I try to be pretty active before I do the PR. I feel if I have a lazy day with not much activity, I take a lot longer to get going in the gym and it affects my performance.
Thankfully I work as a mailman, meaning I walk 10 miles a day before I go to the gym, and believe it or not that seems to help my strength rather than hinder it.

I do a lot of rep work with deadlifts when I'm not whoring PR attempts, so the volume of my warm ups is pretty easy for me. I do 10 rep PRs and stuff pretty regularly, rather than never going past 5 reps.

Mmm, according to symmetricstrength you shouldn't be able to pull 4 plate (I did today 150kg x7 and my projected, not tested, 1rm is only 186). So don't worry, it's not that you weren't properly acclimated for the pull, you just plain didn't have the strength for it and would have lost it anyway.
This was meant in a good willed and absolutely not sarcastic tone.

Two recommendations:
Train with triples instead of 5s for a month or two. Heavy triples one day of the week, 3x5 @80% another day of the week. That will teach you to work closer to your 1rm weight.
Visit and ask for a spreadsheet with a title like "meet lift calc" or something. It gives you # weight and reps for warmup and the 3 tries you get at the competition

Bonus:
Warm up with PC or high pull singles

Gj user, I know you can do it!

Thanks anons, uni starts in 3 weeks and I want break 4pl8 before then, I'll hold off on doing the pr next week but il add more deadlift volume and deadload my squat for now.

Funny thing symmetric strength said my 1rm was 365 but I could probably do triplets with it, so I'll just do triplets/doubles at 365 until for 2 weeks until I do the pr again on my 3rd week

I went through all the stages of grief with this pr attempt and now I'm at acceptance, feels good to be at 3.5pl8 though. I started as a skeleton, was made fun of it a lot as well as rejected by women because of it, and now I'm on the path to make it and being a sick cunt

Girls don't care about how much you can lift, it's about how good you look

>Caring this much about how think.
Kill yourself senpai.

Lift the weights up in the air next time

Low test
If you don't think women mire men being strong in the gym you're retarded

Ive seen multiple people do deadlift prs and the women in the background will stare then down and I've seen some of them bite their lips

U mirin?

Hope you enjoy your stay at snap city bro, send me a postcard will you?

>He is scared of snap city for deadlift

DYEL?

weaksauce spotted

obv not

fucking hell youre a beta