Migraines are a motherfucker. Does anyone experience the aura?

Migraines are a motherfucker. Does anyone experience the aura?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N8TzqrRbPlY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

migraine medicine works amazingly well for me.

ah fuck get out of here with that, im triggered emotionally now

oh fuck I've suffered with this for a lot of my life and never knew there was an image that represented EXACTLY what you see when you have a migraine

I personally fixed it by getting more sleep, more water and just the right amount of caffeine lol

Hey, I actually get migraines quite often and they are always preceded by the aura. It lasts for about 30 minutes so I know when I get the aura I need to drink a bunch of water and take a couple extra strength excedrin. My doc recommended the extra strength stuff because supposedly the caffeine in it can help for some people.

Had these in hs, dont get them so much anymore, have a prescription called Frova that works like magic if you take it when you have an aura going. Excellent pic btw, I always know I have one coming when I can't read something in front of me.

Why? How?

can anybody explain to me what is a migraine? I've had the same thing like pic rel a few times

Terrible headache for most, that can cause you to pass out, throw up, want to die, not tolerate light/sounds and see auras among other fun stuff.

It feels like someone's got a hammer and is hitting your head at one specific spot for hours on end from the inside.

Though some people get the aura and not being able to tolerate light and or sound without the actual headache.

Your doctor is an idiot. Constricting arteries while having a migraine is a bad idea, you want to do the opposite. Take aspirin.

Or just get a diclofenac injection and feel the pain subside within 30 minutes.

Caffeine has been shown to reduce the symptoms of migraines in about 60% of cases.

I had a period of getting several migraines a week. I was prescribed beta blockers and took them for about 3 months and the migraines stopped. They made me really depressed but I've only had a migraine 3 times in the past 3 years since I stopped taking them

That picture gave me a fucking migraine

Huh, guess I remembered the wrong thing. Though I don't really care. The second I feel one coming up I lie down, wait for an hour or two and if it's not gone I'll just prepare a diclofenac injection and feel my body relax and the pain just go away.

I only get bad ones 3-4x a year. And two of those are whenever I travel to Austria/Switzerland to go skiing from the netherlands. So I'm assuming it's got something to do with pressure or a difference in altitude.

The pain from a migraine is caused by dilation of blood vessels in the brain. Constricting them would relieve pain.

I also recommend getting a hard on to divert blood flow or at least release some feel good chemicals. Seems to numb the pain a bit.

The first and last one I had was in 6th grade. After that I got glasses/Contacts and have never had one since then. Shit was terrifying though, half the classroom started shimmering and I started hurting.

I've started getting exertion headaches when I lift recently and its fucking with me. Anyone have any recommendations for a solution? I drink a lot of water already.

Had migraines regularly from the age of five until a few years ago. I saw little sparks of light from time to time, and sounds and noises seemed to get a lot sharper, but I don't know what this aura shit is that you're talking about tbqhf.

I get mine from too much light exposure and my astigmatism which fucking sucks considering I'm a comp engineering student that spends half the day staring at screens.

My aura is almost like OP's pic. Basically the entire right half of my vision becomes blurry and looks like shit is contantly vibrating, and I lose all peripheral vision as well. That will go on for up to an hour and then I get the vision issues with a massive headache for a few hours

I don't even get migraines or really know what they feel like, but that image is literally physically painful to look at.

What kind of fucking sorcery is this? Why does my forehead hurt while I look at it? What are you doing to my head?

The line pattern draws more attention to the fact that were staring at a screen that is blinking 60+ times per second. And since the view is more focused on a relatively small area, it causes a significant strain on the eyes and gives a shitty signal to the brain trying to process the image

Not to mention the semi-incomplete appearance of the picture is causing the brain to tell our eyes to focus more on the areas covered by the line pattern in order to fill in the blanks of the picture. Naturally this feeds into the strain part which creates a sort of loop that makes things worse the longer you look at it

Warming your hands and/or feet say by wearing gloves or with warm water is a less autistic way to accomplish the same thing. Combine with cooling the back of the neck for best results.

>He'd rather wash his hands than pop a savage stiffy

Never gonna make it.

>He wants to increase his blood pressure to relieve a migraine

Dumb as fuck. Getting a stiffy is only going to dilate your dick vessels but will constrict many others in your body and result in an overall increase in blood pressure thereby increasing pressure in your head. Getting a stiffy is a good way to turn a regular headache into a full blown migraine. If you actually orgasm there are some pain killing benifet but it's not really worth it.

Yes

Yep. That's what happens. I get migraines rarely, and they don't hurt so bad that I can't sleep through them. But sleeping is pretty much the ONLY thing I can do, since I get visual distortion so bad that I can't see through the static.

god that picture is so awful.

how dare you!

yes. i rarely get them anymore but back in the day i used to get them all the time.

always an hour for about a half an hour and then migraine city.

I have zero migraines. Once in a while during...I don't remember when...I started getting some really bad ones. But they were what I call "wave" migraines. I would be normal, then it would start low, then grow until it was unbearable, then fade away to nothing. It would do this over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. It was horrible, especially because I'd have temporary relief, so I couldn't just will through it.

youtube.com/watch?v=N8TzqrRbPlY

Maybe this will help?

There's videos on youtube that capture the phenomenon much more accurately (coz it allows for the motion of the aura). I started getting these in high school in 1998 and was convinced I'd die of a brain tumour before I reached 20. Yay. Fucking migraines.

Aspirin is a vasoconstrictor. It's why it works.

OP - if you haven't already get an Imotrex script. It'll help relieve the migraines, but more importantly it will also reduce frequency and severity. Downside is you can only take it 6 times a month, so if they're more frequent you might need Seconal.

Also, in a pinch cocaine and aspirin will stop a migraine, again through vasoconstrictor action.

Source - severe migraines for years

Just eat a grapefruit, thank me later.

>Though some people get the aura and not being able to tolerate light and or sound without the actual headache
Me. I can hardly go outside because everything is too bright and saccharine and sounds are so sharp. Not the same as this aura but I do get a haze whenever I focus might sight or close and reopen my eyes.
Also get dizzy and can't stand for a while.

At least migraines aren't really hazardous to your health in any sort of long time scenarios.

I've been having this weird feeling (kinda like a slight pressure) in one spot on the right side of my head since like eight months. Doesn't really hurt in any way, but it's always there so I lost the ability to relax unless I'm doing something. Whenever I lay down and close my eyes, I also immediately get the feeling like my whole body is spinning, which is doubly fucking weird since it instantly goes away when I open them again. Poof, nothing.

Already went through a single MRI and a CT scan before that, nothing was found. Convinced I have a BT because I'm a fucking idiot, it prevents me from any sort of exercising since I think it might make it worse.

Got these as a kid a lot, literally wanted to die. I'd lay down on the couch with a wet wash cloth on my head until I passed out from the pain. They tried to say it was from MSG, but no one has any idea.

I only had one headache in my whole life(22y). It was after a supper that I drank too much wine. It's stopped withing the first hour. Never had this problem after even drinking wine. My mother is prone to sinusitis and migraine but I never had this problem. Lucky me.

fuck you op

Used to get headaches all the time when i was younger.

Turned out i needed glasses.

The headaches were from straining my eyes all day to see the chalkboard / other people / literally anything. Got glasses, never had headaches again.

Get your eyes checked anons.

damn the picture triggers me

I get them every now and then... sometimes it depends on the weather

shit sucks

Holy fuck that picture is a perfect description of what I see when a migraine is coming. No one ever believed me when I said I had migraines, but this shit fucking triggers me......

I have temporal lobe epilepsy. Post seizure headaches are probably the worst thing ever. Literally feels like someone dropped 4pl8 on your brain. Not to mention you bite your tongue and lip up almost every time so there goes 2-3 days of normal eating. And in Florida if you have two seizures in a 24 hr period. Bye bye license for 6 months. And its all the old people on the road here that make it 6 months. So i suffer more because oldies wont die even though most are useless scum that never earned the slightest respect. living in an area with the worst public transportation in the country. In pinellas county if someone takes the bus to work they can be late everyday and not get fired because our transportation is so bad. Plenty of thc products combat my AED side effects but again. Florida and all the old retired useless people need to retire into the ground.

Quit smoking. Don't use so much preworkout. You're prehypertensive, should cut down on sugars.

I used to get these for a few years, they were awful. I'm so glad I no longer get them. Last one was about 2 years ago.

>migraines

I don't know, f a m, but I've always been susceptible to godawful demobilizing headaches. They are always accompanied with terrible stomachaches and nausea (haven't thrown up yet, though). I seem to get them once every two weeks or so, but after a while they go away for a few months before coming back again. Dunno if they're migraines, but they always feel like fucking torture.

Had one last year from eating too much dark chocolate.

It was funny because I thought I was dieing. I made my peace laid in bed like a corpse with my arms crossed. Accepted my fate and woke up a few hours later. lol

My family's got a genetic fault that means we all get a migraine every few weeks. Here's a basic timeline of events, courtesy of yesterday.

>Start feeling kinda "grimy" behind the eyes. Aura starts creeping in at the corner of my vision, but can't look at it.
>Aura grows, starts leaking into centre of vision. At this point I can't read or make out fine lines. Beginning of what feels like a normal headache in a specific spot, usually the upper left quadrant of the skull
>Aura completely covering sight, I'm pretty much blind for ten minutes. After that, it doesn't matter, because the pain is so bad I can't open my eyes
>Migraine headache in full swing. Only way to describe it is overwhelming pressure behind the eyelids coupled with the feeling of someone trying to chisel their way out of your skull from the inside.
>Cue gagging on your own breath, vomiting for about a half hour until it's just dry heaving
>Bundle up in bed, unable to open eyes, wait two hours to fall asleep for about ten hours.

I got lucky. Mine are usually solved by a long stretch of sleep, but my mother gets them for 2 - 3 day stretches. We think they're the reason my uncle an hero'd.

My mother gets them for 3 day stretches, so I feel pretty lucky that I only get them for one.

Dunno why the last line's repeated, but fuck it.

Those are migraines?