Were the Tasmanian people genocided?

and if so why?

Other urls found in this thread:

evoanth.net/2014/04/15/the-curious-case-of-the-people-who-forgot-how-to-fish/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Colonisation genocided something like 1million out of 1.25million native indiginous australians. But they range quiet significantly genetically, culturally, socially from png to tasmania.. its a huge area, bigger then USA

>"[Aboriginals] look like the third guy on the evolution chart"-Patrice O'neal

>release a bunch of convicts on some defenseless people still in the stone age
There was no organization behind it so technically it was not genocide.

>Forrest Whittakundoora

This

Do you have a source on the 1.25 million number I thought it was closer to 800K

>tasmanian """""""""""people""""""""""

WE

>Were the Tasmanian people genocided?
The purpose of the Black War was to corral the natives into one section of Tasmania so they wouldn't be able to wage guerilla warfare against the settlers, but the end result was as close to a succesful extermination as you can get, so yeah.

>and if so why?
Escaped convicts marauding native villages, competition for resources, escalating cycles of retribution - the usual reasons.

They FORGOT how to use stone weapons, how to fish, and how ot make fire.

This is your society on racial purity

closer to 200k. if the Nazis could only kill 600k jews with ovens then it would be impossible for the British to kill anywhere near that number with muskets

400 years of concentrated genocide user

I know the fire thing is bullshit, a cursory Google shows the no stone weapons is bullshit too

it was for the best, they were literally cavemen except they only barely knew fire

The Nazis probably killed less than 1000 Jews that way.

Ovens are extremely inefficient way of murdering people

This. The whites dropped into Tasmania were the dregs of the dregs of Convict society, a bunch of violent, unlawful savages who made the native Tasmanians look like sophisticated gentry. Just read about the "Black War," they're the most ignoble people imaginable.

evoanth.net/2014/04/15/the-curious-case-of-the-people-who-forgot-how-to-fish/

Stop fetishizing the "noble savages".

>I know the fire thing is bullshit
No.
Mainland abos were still using fire, Tasmanian abos were not.

>Upon seeing these Europeans eat the fish they were disgusted and point blank refused all offers by the sailors to share in the bounty. It would seem that in the intervening 12,000 years the aboriginal Tasmanians had forgotten how to fish and become revolted at the very idea of eating it (and even if they sometimes accidentally caught them whilst gathering shellfish they would not eat them).

I don't think that this article is a very balanced piece. First off, why does the author assume that the aborigines forgot how to make fishing implements when there are a lot simpler explanations? The simplest and most obvious answers is that the abandonment and repulsion to towards fishing was a widespread cultural taboo.

Stop pretending that the convicts were any better than savages.

400 years?
Colonisation began in the 1800's faggot, learn to count.

So now you go from fetishizing "noble savages" to saying "they were both shit".
How much more will your opinion change from someone disagreeing with you.

You're just misreading my posts. I never said that they Tasmanian aborigines weren't uncivilised, just that the convicts that were sent to Tasmania were even more brutal than the members tribal hunter-gatherer society that practiced inter-tribal warfare and clubbed seals to death.
But of course, I don't have a proper argument because I dared put undeveloped people on a pedestal and wikipedia says that's wrong. Actually contribute to the discussion instead of nitpicking like a defensive highschooler.

europeans have been in australia since 1600s you retarded fucking faggot

What sort of people do you think got transported back in the 18th and 19th centuries?
Anyone with a serious crime was hanged while everyone else was sent away.
So really, the convicts in Australia were just poor peasants guilty of stealing bread or Irish political prisoners.
The penal colonies were really just a quick method of colonisation, before some other country inevitably would have done it.
Besides, the "convicts" convicted of petty crime were soon outnumbered by regular settlers.

>a dozen European explorers began genocide abos
nice fabrication.

Not him, but exploration and settlement are different things. The first settlements of Australia occurred in the late 1700's. So "400 years of concentrated genocide" makes no sense.

HOL UP
>sniffs gasoline
SO YOU BE SAYIN
>Worships rabid wild dog
>DAT WE WUZ
>rapes sister
GENOCIDED N SHEEIT?

There's early colonial sources for Tasmanian abos making fire, Jones shat the bed in pushing that bullshit.

>evil colonist wuz liars
>unless they say something that agrees with my leftist ideology

>evil academics wuz revisionists
>unless they say something that agrees with my dumbcunt ideology

>evil academics wuz revisionists
nice strawman.

Pretending to be retarded is the lowest form of trolling.