Martial arts

What's the best martial art if you want to beat someone in an epic way?

Boxing
Direct
To the point
And knocking someone the fuck out with a right hook is a crowd pleaser.

muay thai.

fucking elbow the shit out of him with a spinning back elbow or a rising elbow. you can even thrust your arm in a 90 degree angle using your hips to smash your elbow/forearm into his face.

how ever my fav is the teep kick. front kick the guy right in his face, although im not 100 percent sure it'll knock em out.

Krav Maga. You can end someone quickly. Muay Thai works as well but it's hard to find a good dojo outside of Thailand.

>he fell for the krabby magoo meme

>then he tackles you and fucks you up on the ground

Dont listen to this autist OP, do kickboxing and bjj

>krav maga
Lol

Yeah, cause a dude who just got the shit punched out of him by a boxer who knows how to recognize someone charging at him will end up on the ground so you can totally do those sweet bjj moves on him.

Let me let you in on something.
Royce Gracie is probably it when it comes to pro BJJ correct?
Would you honestly, I mean seriously, put money on him winning a fight against prime mike tyson?

Yes. All it takes is a single trip and it's over

BJJ and consequently Royce has SHIT take down game.
Plus...all it would take is one single punch to lay his ass out. And I'm damned sure the dudes in MMA can't throw punches worth a fuck.

Train with a legit Dog Brothers affiliate.

Is Judo + Boxing the best combination for self defense? Seamless stand up game from striking to take downs.

gun fu

>tfw my parents put me in tkd since childhood
>even ran the fucking highschool club
>end up just boxing for the rest of my life

my ass is the best thing that i took away from my mcdojo training

Depends. Are you going to be fighting multiple people or just one?

For multiple people you want to be staying on your feet as much as possible. This means Boxing, Systema, or Wing Chun. (others may apply I am just putting the common denominators). Why do you want to stay on your feet when vs multiple people? Does kicked in head sound fun to you? Me neither.

Fighting only one person? You are in luck! All that you read above works too but now you can fucking grapple and really get them hurting. BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai, and MMA.

Have fun and stay safe out there you rascals you!

TKD is the most bullshit martial art ever. You did good by switching over to Boxing.

i thought judo great for multiple attackers?

Judo is good getting them on the ground but subsequently you too will join them. If you just want them off of you and run away after they hit the concrete it's good for that too. Can work for multiple opponents but others tend to work better in that position.

Freestyle wrestling

why is it bullshit?

Muay thai, Brazillian jiu-jitsu, boxing, judo.

Fishhook him Blahino style. Then claim to be a gentleman after he "sucker punches" you, i.e., after he lands a decent punch cause you know jack shit about fighting and you're an autistic delusional fatfuck.

Boxing. Unless you want to look like a little weeb faggot who does taekwondo and thinks he's worth shit.

Shoot them in the face.

90% of fights are between 2 people who don't know what they're doing. In which case the most sober will win, followed by the biggest if equally drunk.

Of the remaining 10%, 9% is with someone who has trained in ANY art that spars vs someone who has no training. The trained guy will win.

The remaining 1% is what the faggots who have never been in a real fight argue about on Veeky Forums. It doesn't matter.

Aikido. Enough said lad.

Uhhhh no. Having done Akido, while it's a beautiful art, it's not practical in any real way. Hell, Capoiera gives you more practical tools for a fight.

I know, I just think Aikido's fucking nice and I wish it was more effective.

Found the retarded mma plebs.

>MMA
Get the fuck out of here

>but Mike has GREAT tdd

Lol. I'd bet on rickson 100/100 times

have you seen MMA fighters? Nothing but glass chins and 10 year old PR wide swings. They're a bigger joke than womens boxing.

Wrong, 90% of fights are sucker punches/getting jumped. You clearly never been in a fight.

They have "glass" chins because they're using fucking 4oz gloves. It's not because your kickboxers/boxers or whoever are magically tougher than MMA fighters.

>Wrong, 90% of fights are sucker punches/getting jumped

That's might be how it starts. How it ends is exactly as I posted.

>You clearly never been in a fight.

More than one outside a ring. Also worked as a bouncer, so I've had to break up more than a few.

The one I didn't have to break up (thankfully) was with a big guy that punched a smaller guy who had trained as a boxer. Who had the other guy on the floor and done in seconds. Bro haymakers don't work if the person knows how to take a punch.

No but alot of MMA fighters come from a wrestling background and have worse chins than pure strikers.

There's no actual reason why they'd have a better or worse chin. If anything the wrestlers would have better chins because they haven't taken as much head trauma as the strikers. Contrary to what you seem to believe, repeat head truma actually ruins the chin, it doesn't "harden" it. Also wrestlers would likely have stronger traps and necks than strikers, meaning less jarring happening upon being hit, possibly meaning less KOs

I agree with this one OP. Boxing is very effective and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Its cheap and the quality of training is at a higher standard across the board compared to other arts. Ive been doing martial arts my whole life and alot of kickboxing and " mma places" are shit quality and will give you poor training for lots of money. Go to the most ghetto grimy fight gym you can find and talk to them. Look for a gym that has pro fighters training at it as well as amateur. My current MMA gym makes all the new guy learn just boxing before anything else. You would be surprised how many kickboxers and MMA dudes have shit hands. Im also a huge fan of BJJ and Judo. They have great synergy with each other. BJJ you will learn at pretty much every MMA gym but Judo is very cheap usually if you want to learn it on the side.

The best marital art is running away. I've done ju jit su since I was 4 and I would never get in a fight. There are too many variables and even though I'm 99% sure I'd destroy the average guy it's never ever worth it. Always talk the situation down or run

>Right hook

it's been fucked HARD for political reasons . turning what was originally a decent mix of mostly karate and judo into various forms of foot based patty cake

I'm going to a lifting/strongman gym and just started law school, where am I supposed to find the time, the money for classes or the equipment to properly learn judo or boxing on top of lifting 3 times a week?

box on your rest days

>Break your hands
>only versed in one range
>useless if the fight goes to the ground or clinch
>no hellbows

Basically if the other cunt can avoid the one singular range you're effective in you're buggered. Muay Thai is a more utilitarian option.

wtf is that chinese hockey

i got put into Krabby magoo when i was a kid for 4 years (krav maga) and regret it completely now im mixing Muai thai, taekwondo and bjj and lifting twice a week

Which system of Krav Maga did you train for 4 years that you feel TDK serves you better in the street?

I'm a boxer and what the fuck are you talking about? There are plenty of good mt gyms in Australia and i'm sure all over the world

they're not called dojos anyway fucknuckle
imho
if you're somehow fighting more than one person work on sprints

I'm 27 and I wanna try muay thai but also I'm a skinny weak little shit and I don't think I could handle getting beat up by teenagers all the time.

swallow ur pride its gonna be ok man

>in an epic way, an untrained little shite
taekwondo
>to actually beat someone including other martial artists of different arts
bjj

>get lowkicked to the thigh
>die

judo + muay thai
bjj + muay thai
wrestling + muay thai

FUCK boxing

I'm 25 and I was getting beaten up by 15 year olds when I first started boxing. You'll get through it dude.

iknow im just doing the TKD once a week for the fun aspect as i enjoy it. I dont do the patterns as they are stupid i just learn how to do there kicks and fight

why is the bjj meme so prevalent? It's not like some be all and end all
whys that pal, obviously it's limited in what it trains but striking, footork/movement and the fact that u are generally sparring pretty quickly gives boxing some pros

I've been training traditional jiiu jitsu for a whle, and always the same day that I work out upper body, so people there think I'm weaker than I really am and that's an advantage instead of a problem. If you are weak, you will learn proper stances and movements due to the lack of a chance of just pushing through with brute force.

I do judo, strength helps a bit especially in groundwork but it's more a technique and speed sport...
>tfw shoulder injury last year after tori fucked up a tomoe nage and I basically tackled the ground with my shoulder
>tfw would do boxing + judo but I can't really find any decent boxing places

I've heard a lot of good stuff about BJJ but my judo gym also has the original Japanese Jiu Jitsu, is it worth checking out?

thanks famz, i'm definitely gonna try it, I just hope the gym I go to is cool

isn't there a lot of cardio with jiu jitsu? does it complement lifting?

>the best pure martial art in existence if a meme
kek

muay thai has all that and more

> take a knee and punch the retard in his dick. Boxers btfo

Need to diversify your game

KALI AND SAMBO OP!!! no joke.
Boxing is for bullies and muay thai is for skinny emos.
Judo, bjj, wrestling etc is bretty gud too. Most fights will end up on the ground, and you can easily train punches by punching a heavy bag and doing precision work with one of those tennis balls on a string.
Kali and sambo famalaman

define
muay thai is pretty good but its real slow and you're not often getting the chance to spar hard ''''''speaking anecdotally having trained muay thai at two really good gyms'''''''''' being its man poblem if you're training for self defense or w/e but yeah knees and elbows and clinch stuff is good

>Boxing is for bullies
why in the shit would you phrase it that way do you even know how dickless you sound

Mooooom user called me dickless

Boxers suck at punching downward. All their power comes from their pivot

OP I'm going to teach you everything you need to know about Karate, guns beat Karate.

bjj

>but bjj doesn't work if you're on asphalt with HIV syringes laying around and he has friends with guns and knives
fuck off

Oh, shit. I have a 10 year old daughter. I was hoping to start her on Aikido. Apart from going all /k/, what should I have her do?

man wouldn't straight wrestling be a better alternative?

>Boxing
>Direct
>To the point

That's not "epic", as OP requested. He needs something ridiculously flamboyant and memorable.

I recommend kung fu.

Stop forcing this assclimbing memed bjj. It's useful only in octagon.

The majority of street fights end up on the ground and both guys gas out not knowing what to do.

>They have "glass" chins because they're using fucking 4oz gloves.

Good point.

>guns beat Karate
There is occurrence in Russia. Kyokushin karateka killed attacker with pistol by striking him.

wrestlers have great standing grappling and often strong physiques. they're a bit limited by the rules of their sport though, as in not practicing joint locks and chokes at all. wrestling is great but id still give it to bjj. a choke is a painless way to end a street fight situation.

about half the time this has happened to me it's gotten up and continued upright desu

>The majority of street fights end up on the ground
>majority
Show me statistics pls.

The kamesennin style

Freestyle wrestling is GOAT, fuck bjj.

is bjj just marketed heaps well or something orrrrrrrr what

Jeet Kun Do + nunchaku

How good is jeet kune do I have 4 years of kickboxing and I'd like to take some classes

>isn't there a lot of cardio with jiu jitsu? does it complement lifting?

There are warming up exercises, but if you are not a fatass, you'll barely break a sweat. The thing is, jiu jitsu, and grappling martial arts in general require balance and body control + some flexibility, so it is a nice thing to do if you want a stronger core but don't want to be stiff 24/7.

>1 vs 10000000^10^3
>Using it as an argument.

This is why education is important.

Judo

BJJ is the answer
Pic related.

as good as you make it.

take in teachings from a few core martial arts and then practice your own martial art.

part of being a martial "artist".

do you roll on sand paper or spaz out a lot something? i occasionally get one or two small marks on the big toe joint but look at you.

are you retarded? most bjj classes will have at least 20-30 minutes of rolling after drilling the move of the day. you will be drenched in sweat by the end of class

>Krav Maga
>a fucking Meme Martial Art

Trips of truth.

>taekwondo
coolness 9
efectivness 5
(good enough for street fights)
>muay thai
coolness 7
effectivness 8
>krav maga
coolness 0
effectiveness 10

I learned krav maga in the idf, ugly as fuck, not even fun to practice, but man that shit can really save your life.

Yes actually.
That's exactly it.
BJJ guys will get their shit absolutely slapped by a straight up greco roman wrestler. No bullshit.

It's effective, as long as you have forever to train in it. It was also never a standalone art, just the subset of techniques for defense. I prefer hapkido.

a true warrior welcomes all challengers.

Ouch this hurts to look at, I barely get grazes but fuck going into the shower with feet like yours.

>Boxers who punch eachother with pillows can take more punches than guys wearing next to nothing on their hands

No shit moron

There have been more deaths in boxing after the adoption of boxing gloves, because they allow the boxers to punch harder without the risk of breaking their knuckles.

Thats not the point i was making user, mma guys have "glass chins" because they get hit with something a lot worse than a boxing glove