youtube.com/user/bboySaza
youtube.com/user/Carucyn

Pastebin - pastebin.com/4hdf1uaP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vdjWgw98EeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this just a meme like crossfit?

i'm doing antraniks body weight program
and i've progressed from pull up negatives to regular pull ups the goal for regular pull ups is 3 sets of 8 reps
>the first set i did 8 pull ups
>second set i did 7
>third set i did 3
is this normal or am i not ready for this progression should i go back to pull up negatives?

no it's not calisthenics is a great training style you won't be a mass monster but you'll be lean fit and strong

Is there any merit to doing back bridges as a dynamic exercise, sorta like an inverse pushup
Are one leg deadlifts worth doing at all?
Trying to work in some back stuff to my routine

No, crossfit gives you some gains at least

>Military employ bodyweight exercises for training
>Gymnasts do the most advanced bodyweight exercises and get jacked doing it.
>Even bodybuilders, powerlifters & weightlifters do bodyweight exercises.
>Martial artists and fighters do bodyweight exercises
>Free
>Accessible to almost everyone
Bodyweight exercises are one of the best and most well rounded ways to get fit. You won't get strong at moving heavy weights or as big as a bodybuilder but you'll gain control over your own body and decent strength transfer to other training methods. It's great for beginners needing to learn motor patterns safetly.

Crossfit simply took bodyweight elements from gymnastics and butchered them with bad form.

You just lack strength and muscle endurance.
The rest period between each set should be between 3 and 5 minutes. To give your muscles adequate time to recover.

If you're trying to build strength endurance and power instead of just pure strength I'd understand having a short rest period.

i just followed the program's recommended rest time he says that you should rest 90 secs before each exercise should i ignore this and rest until i feel more recovered than?

Back bridges are a great exercise for back mobility and strength.
Similar to doing glute bridges, it targets wrists, shoulders, neck, thoracic & lumbar flexibility, abdominals, hip flexors, glutes and hamstrings.

One leg dead lifts are good for isolateral hamstring/glute strength and balance. If you are adding weight go slowly

Scoliosis makes most pushing exercises hell for me.

Listen to your own body, if you're not feeling it right there do some squats/wait it out. Also sometimes a 2 day rest does magic

Trying to get a better handstand. Probably my weakest point and have very little progress.
Bodyweight training has been a part of sport/fitness training for way longer than crossfit.
No man. Martial artists, soldiers and athletes all do SS+GOMAD.

cheers, any opinion on back bridges static vs dynamic as an exercise

I do both weightlifting and calisthenics (when with friends) and have to say weightlifting definitely builds more muscle but calisthenics have more rewarding and practical progressions, so it's a shame not to just do both. The milestones are new techniques like muscle ups or human flags or parkour.

Greasing the groove, son.
Looks like you should be doing sets of 4s or 5s with 60 second rests.
Every 2 weeks you should either add one rep to your sets or shorten the rest between sets by 5 or 10 seconds.

Listen to your body.

Static stretches the back more and builds endurance.
Dynamic builds better back reaction.
At least that's what my body told me.

Occasionally i go to the gym and lift weights with my brother or friends. I just happen to focus more on bodyweight exercises more.
No reason to do either one religiously.

Are archer pull ups the best progression towards one-handed pull ups?

Its a good step forward but it wont get you there entirely.

Not that user, but unclear about g2g. For example, if you're greasing the groove with pullups, do you remove them from your routine and just do them low intensity everyday?

Yeah haha. I do cali with friends only because we have different gym memberships

No.
You can do them in a normal 1-hour workout. You just do smaller reps, but raise the intensity (by lowering rest times, which would be higher when doing max rep sets, if that makes it clear).
You do this every second day (muscles must rest and adapt to the raising intensity). If it's too intense at first, get yourself 2 rest days between training days.
If you do low numbers like 5 rep sets, then you should be doing somewhere around 50 - 80 pull ups in the whole training session. Overall rep count should raise with rep per set amount.

BUT you can do it the way you described. However, I didn't try it that way, so I won't tell you if it's bad or good.

What are other good exercises for a one-handed pull up progression?

Weighted pull ups
Archer pull-ups
Band assisted one-arm pull-ups
Negative one-arm pull ups
One arm scapula depression & retraction holds

Doing a variations of these will help.

If you get to doing negatives make sure you still do a variation that includes the positive phase.

ah, thanks for clarification mr rollins

This

youtube.com/watch?v=vdjWgw98EeI

Thanks lads, will go for those in my next training.

Sure thing, babe.

No gains general lmoa

ty for the bump homie

Shi. This is really good.

good OC

Strenght

yeah. wish there was one with the advanced techniques like flags and muscle ups though

Flags would just fall under skill work but i agree on muscle ups.

Just did a full back lever by using a negative.
Negatives seem to be very useful when doing flags and levers.
We're all gonna make it.

Hey, im wondering about how much should i eat, im eating about 2000-2100 cals , and my maintenance is at 2600, im eating really clean, so a lot of proton. Can i build muscle while losing fat? I do full body x3 a week, low reps, high intensity. Started 4 months ago.

Depends if you want to lose or gain weight.
And yes if you are gettibg your protons and training hard you will get leaner and more muscular.

I am 1.73m , weight 65k .I was thinking about droping to low bf, then stay at like 100-200 above maintenance and then just cut each like 3-4 months.

65kg is pretty light man. Just maintain whatever you have and get stronger.

Congrats
Yeah negatives are a great way to achieve most body weight skills.

Thanks user, Started like 4 months ago,and i started from nothing, so i think im only at 65k cuz i have low lean mass. I`m going to start a 200 cal bulk and see were that gets me.

No gains general strikes again

Would you mind sharing how you train your FL? I'm currently able to do iso holds in the adv. tuck position and I can't fucking wait til I can do a full one.

I do it isometrically as well and i started stalling on having 1 leg out. I then did a negative and realized i can do a straddle as well.
If you want i can post a video.

im 5'11 165lbs and mostly am doing cardio right now but is it possible to do bodyweight everyday and lose fat?

my tdee is 2200 but if im working out everyday what should i be eating to get leaner.

pic related

You will probably not be able to do it every day since you need to recover but still i would get started on training.

no mobility crew pls go

Dont do it everyday, try a full body routine 3 times a week , resting 4 days. You could do cardio on rest days, tho its not required. Try and eat around 2000 cals to drop fat slowly and still make decent strength gains.
As for diet,look for food that is low in calories but you can still eat a lot of it. Broccoli for example is 35 calories for 100 grams. Try and not use oil for cooking. Any food with good amout of fiber will make you fill full more time. Tuna is a good food for cutting also. Fat loss is 100% diet so, this is key.
Sorry if its a bit messy, but it was kind of a brain storm.
Pic related for a decent routine to follow with good progressions.
Keep at it bro

how to hit lower lats

PLS

You cant. Just do usual lat exercises and your back will widen.

is bodyweight/calisthenics a good option for recomping?
Also, what are good recomp diets?

Is bodyweight a good option for recomp?
Also, what are some good options for recomp diets?

lol accidental dub

Yeah it shouldnt be any different than strength training. Just maje sure youre getting stronger as you lose weight.

checkout littlebeastm's early videos on youtube, and ranjit bachu

Dont tell me what to do

SHIT OKAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Those aren't dubs mate

Checked

Pull ups, front lever, dragon flags, body weight rows, muscle ups

I'm looking for a ring workout regimen. I keep hitting pay walls. Thanks.