Grip Strength

What's a good way to improve grip strength? My deadlift is suffering because I can't grip the bar properly. Should I just cross grip until strength is up?

Other urls found in this thread:

fightcampconditioning.com/grip-strength/
youtube.com/watch?v=5M13EBl_jF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

manual labor go lay some bricks

Drag buckets full of rocks

Wrist curls do the trick for me. 2x20 each hand

Finger tip pushups
Chinups using a thick rope or towel
Lift weights, do pullups/chinups with a really thick bar.
Grab a bar and just hangon

mixed grip on your working sets
rack pulls on non-deadlift days

Grab 2 plates, whether they're 5, 10, 25lb, etc and put them together so the smooth sides are both facing out. Grab them and hold them together as long as you can without hooking your fingers through the center holes. Also, farmers walks, or just pick up a barbell and hold it until you can't anymore

give handjobs in the bathroom after your workout

FUCKING
FARMERS
WALKS
amazing for grip, works core also, and your forearms get a sexy pump

I do and it isn't helping much. Should I put weighted collars on my wrists?

Would it be weird to do farmers walks on the treadmills at my gym?

Do you use chalk?

Yes. You can also put a flashlight sleeve through a plate and jerk them off with that as well.

Yes

fightcampconditioning.com/grip-strength/

eagle claws

if you're pulling heavy, you can strain or even tear your bicep with a mixed grip
if you aren't pulling that heavy, you have no business using a mixed grip

basically unless you're retarded enough to deadlift competitively, use a double overhand grip

best thing for grip strength is rock climbing, bar none. Do it consistently and you will have a much stronger grip. it's not just about the muscle strength, theres crush grip strength, grip strength at different amounts of finger extension, tendon strength, and there is also deadpoint grip strength which is the ability to apply tension through grip under impact, and very quickly.
climb for a while and you'll know what I mean. just make sure to work the extensors with the flexors so you don't end up with a massive imbalance

>get into rock climbing
>farmers walks with ATLEAST half your body weight in each hand
>last set of deadlifts hold the bar at the top for as long as possible before your grip gives out

This shit helped me

>I deadlift barely any weight, the post.

LMAOOOOOO THIS FOUKEN PIC

Just do towel pull ups.

One arm hangs

>hey guys I just finished reading SS now I'm an expert at lifting AMA

>dont use mixed grip youll tear your bicep off

youtube.com/watch?v=5M13EBl_jF0

Anyone have any experience with weighted deadhangs? Been thinking about doing them at the end of pull day, mostly for shoulder and upperback mobility because mine's terrible.

I don't give a fuck and do them on treadmills.
Of course, I do so for better grips for jiu-jitsu. Not because I can't deadlift.

wide grip high rep deadlifts worked well for me. use about 40-50% of your training max and do sets of 10 until you cant grip the bar any more.

Play Guitar Hero or Guitar

If you are good your wrists get buff as fuck

Farmer Walks and heavy Deadlifts
Also,
H O O K G R I P
O
O
K
G
R
I
P

Either you're fairly weak or you're very shortly going to start breaking treadmills.

Farmers walks and wrist curls work for me.

No extra barbells at my gym, are farmer walks with 100 lb dumbbells good?

Yes

weighted carries. just pick up heavy dumbbells and start walking.

I have the same problem, 10 years behind a computer screen has left me with very bad grip strength. started failing at 230 lbs.

what I do is on off days load up ~5 lbs below your next working set for diddly's on the guard rails of the power rack just below lock-out. then pick it up and hold for as long as possible. once I start to get fatigued, I slowly go down in weight until 1 pl8.

after, I'll grab a pull-up bar and just try to hang on for as long as possible before my forearms can't do it anymore. it's been working pretty well so far. also practice hook/mixed grip as well, it's never a bad thing to learn more.

How about you get straps you weak autistic fuck

This is right, but it's also important to concentrate on squeezing your hands closed during the walk.
People do exercises, even with decent form, but without thinking about their goals and how they should focus, and lose 70% of the benefit.
Whatever you do for grip, concentrate on the squeeze, through the palms and the fingers.

Desu that hurts my wrist lol

keep a tennis ball close by. I keep one at my desk at work or in the car when i commute/travel. Just squeeze and squeeze. Do variations of fingers and thumb, get down to one finger.

Dad showed me this, makes for a firm handshake too.