Other urls found in this thread:

purepower.webconnex.com/2016Regionals
youtube.com/watch?v=-LX7WrHCaUA
youtube.com/watch?v=agmKa_CON9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for my princess

What happened to the other thread?

It got deleted because panzer made it

Why would panzer making a thread get it deleted?

Trappy is gone and my life withers...

because the thread description wasnt about powerlifting but "my mommy told you to post in my thread now play arma xDD"

9kgs off 4pl8 on 1 rep max squat.
Just fucking kill me /plg/

figures that some ex-army pussy faggot is weak as shit lol

need a gun to look tough eh fucboi/

*teleports behind you and breaks you're neck*
nothin personnel kid

5/3/1 or texas method? natty intermetiate

Candito's 6 week.

its okay mayne I was stuck there for a couple months, just got my 4pl8 this weekend.

Youll make it

SHEIKO
H
E
I
K
O

at least you're closer to your natty limit than anyone else on this board

texas method for sure. 5/3/1 isn't for powerlifters, it's for general strength guys, and specifically for guys int heir 30s who have gone through proper strength training in their past. wendler never intended anyone less than 'advanced' to be doing his program, but the numbers are catchy so many people here do it at some point

TM, Madcow, Sheiko, C6W or
F R E E
R
E
E
P R O G R A M S
R
O
G
R
A
M
S

TM, Madcow 5x5, C6W lower + CLutz bench, whatever you think you'll enjoy. 5/3/1 is a little slow for an intermediate

Ok thanks, I'm using the program generator on strengthstandards, should I check the box to use 90% or my 1rm's or no?

>5/3/1 is a little slow for an intermediate
additionally, anyone who's advanced or elite already has an understanding of what works for them and wouldn't be caught dead doing 5/3/1. the program is an actual meme and everyone bought it

Unless they are your true and tested 1rms, undershoot with the 1rms you load into any programs. It's better to start with weights you can smash every workout and progress from there than it is to stall, or get over fatigued and injured because you started with maxes that were too high.

Did northeast user ever post the meet details for November?

Ok thanks I'll do that. I'm out of the gym atm with a strained lower back, once I'm fully healed should I retest my 1rm's and load them into TM or just take my 1rm's from 5/3/1 and use 90%?

If you want to just get right back into training take the 90% ones from 5/3/1. If you want to get a more accurate assessment of where you're at, retest them.

Hi Sean

t-thanks senpai

I just hate how weak i've gotten, you spend years working your way up and one injury can just ruin all of it.
It's almost bulking season again so hopefully i'll make some progress!

TM/DUP.

Ok I'm going to retest my 1rm's then, I think it's time that I did that.

Last question, but do you have any sets, reps you should do from a 1rm attempt or resources on that information?

Is it northeast regionals?

Find a short peaking program so you get closer to your actual maxes

I think the NJ one is out, but then again I just saw something pop up on the Mass Lift page advertising a meet in NJ. There's one in Rhode Island sometime in Nov as well, no hard date yet.

Also the user is from Maine so I don't know why he wants to go to fucken Jersey tbqh

>It's almost bulking season again so hopefully i'll make some progress!
H Y P E
im cutting down from 200 to 185 while trying to get my strength back. so far so good.

lern2autoreg

This, do this.

reposting

Hey #comeback guy.
Best thing I could see to do would be take out weeks 1,4, and 8. It would kind of suck starting at that intensity and doing none of the volume deloads but that's the best thing I see to do right now.

Sorry, meant skip 3, 4, and 8. Don't know how I missed that the first time.

>hashtagging on the chon
newfag pls

SSB are you here

user who had me watch that video about the back injury and hip tilt and stuff, I love you.

>this fucking guy has never actually dealt with a significant injury yet he outturtles 95% of the thread

I fucking know right!? This shitty cut to help my back and right leg get better has been hell.
Assuming you're around 5'10''-6' 190 is going to be a stalling point, it took me almost an entire month to drop from 193 to 189, but once I broke it I started losing weight easily again.
Sitting at 174 currently, I want to lose another 1% of body fat at least before I start bulking.
I am so ready though, i'm going to eat the fuck out of everything until I reach 195, than cut back to 180 and see where I stand.

>tfw you wanted to cuddle and watch a movie but bae just wants to pick things up and put them back down

hehe.. anytiem kid

dang i dont remember if i saw this one and forgot or didnt yet see it.\

It has a qualifying total, right?

>yet he outturtles 95% of the thread
'no'

trip on twinklex's gf

The research I've done has gone no further than clicking and saving that image. Also where in Maine are you?

>Assuming you're around 5'10''-6'
lololololololol
>5'6"
185 just lets me be chubby enough to fit into a Medium shirt without having to monitor every calorie. i could probably hit 170 easy if i cared to be disciplined about my intake

>I am so ready though, i'm going to eat the fuck out of everything until I reach 195
i'm gonna lift everything until i can squat 405. see you on the other side lad

ah yes this one does not have a qualifying total but does require you to have had a USAPL total since 2015.

ffs first meet.

details:
purepower.webconnex.com/2016Regionals

sorry m8 i fell asleep last night and then posted info this morning before i realized the meet was already sold out ;_;

But like con0r said there is the RI meet with no hard date as of yet.

if anything else changes on the mass-lift site or USAPL site or w/e that might be the best thing for us to look into.

Im just surprised tbqh that there arent a bunch of meets in boston.

~30 mins NE of portland in Brunswick

>Be me
>Fail to pull 455 for a triple for 2 months after dropping 20 lbs and working my way back up to 455 twice
>Go to commmercial LA Fitness gym a week after latest failure
>Pull 455 for 5 easily
Is this what success feels like

no that's what lighter plates feel like

are your regular gym's plates calibrated? this has happened to me before, and upon further inspection it turned out my regular gym's plates were 3lbs off the mark kek

Are you at Bowdoin?

>5'6''
FUCK YEAH DWARF WARRIOR MODE
You'll look swole as fug though man!
Height isn't everything, you could have a retarded looking torso like mine (torso is way too long) when I lift my arms up my stomach shows. So I have to waste money on fitted shirts that are a size too big.

whaddap,

I quit lifting 3 years ago, went from 450kg total@ 75kg to a dyel ottermode looking junkie

will you nerds body shame if I show myself a gym again? What are the new greentexts to avoid? is SS still a thing? enlighten me to the past few years brehs

>Height isn't everything

ye, that's what i assumed :(
They aren't calibrated, but the weights there are newer, compared to the ones they were using at LA Fitness. I just wanna bask in this moment right now, though.

>wanting a genetic ticket to snap city
Only manlets making fun of other manlets think height is a big deal in the real world.
Life isn't fun when you have to lean down to pick up stuff all day.
I'll never be 5'10'' master race.

Do you want to do powerlifting? Just get big?

m-maybe (yes)

>5'10
>not 5'9

top lel

Do you guys watch Gettysburg on a weekly basis or what?

Just want to say thanks to trappy for this.

I changed my volume day to 8x5 for the bench press and deloaded it back to 80% of my 5RM. And I also changed recovery day to 5x3 for the bench.

I'm finally seeing progress on this meme lift again.

>at the gym and everything feels like shit
I want to kms

>whaddap
>mfw
you should stick around

everyone is doing 2 8 F R E E P R O G R A M S by greg nuckols, and johnny candito's programs. texas method is still alive and well. squat every day almost became a thing (i love it), RPE's are controversial af here apparently (love it more), and DUP is picking up some fame from what i can tell

haven't seen anyone mention SS lately, but i mean if it worked then, it still works now.

what are your goals?

being scarce on height is rarely an issue in a regular setting, but every now and then you're reminded of your shortness when you try to buy regular fitted pants and have to get it hemmed lol

How about you stop doing shit programs and do Sheiko so you feel great about everything again?

>everyone is doing nuckols

You mean Sheiko?

hey guys, i can deadlift 455x5

>RPEs controversial
Nah, that's just Sean having a fit

Please be kg.

>pic unrelated but I think its a good find

nah famiglia.

there is history there, but like history in most places, pretty much irrelevant to most people's daily lives nahmean?

neighbor gave me the killer angels to read and it was actually ok for the type of book but cba to finish it

kek are you the same guy or are you just making fun of him

Im on novice level, and maybe in the future I will try powerlifting. I have some questions

I just started doing Grayskull LP, is it ok?
Under what stats should I move to a more specific training? My best lift is squats 242x6 if it gives you an idea.
What's so great about powerlifting?

Stayed up wayyyy past my bed time to finish the two towers with amber.
Worth it though. Great to rewatch as always especially with someone whose never seen it.

But now I have to be up in 5 hours

Also sheiko was shit. Day one ground me into the dust desu.

Yeah it's fine.

When you fail multiple times around the same weight.

It's like, fun. You have goals, you work towards them, and competition is actually a lot of fun. Plus you actually get to look like you lift.

It's been a while since I've seen you benchie. How much are you squatting and deadlifting now.

jon told you this would happen

don't worry about having to be up soon though. you'll get over it. just have some coffee or something and you'll be good

Wait does Flip unironically bench pinkies on rings?

I feel your pain.

no but he benches trappy up and down with his dick in her ass

No he doesn't that's gross.

>unironically

Yes he does and he benches more than anyone in this general

>he benches more than anyone in this general
if you say so

Sounds good man, I wouldn't mind going to one in RI, I like road trips. I'll keep checking it out.

How tall are you Nicholi?

>tfw want to finish a few cycles of TM ASAP so I can hop on the sheiko meme train

Thanks for the advise

Who 404d my fucking thread

who do you think lol

I wanna do sheiko too but Im trying to take my TM as far as i possibly can. I think I have at least another 1-3 months of it tbqh (for sq and dl anyway)

SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

How's it going, Panzer?

Just fucking do Sheiko, seriously. Run the prep blocks and test your maxes every 4 weeks, and inflate your bench max a little bit.

You'll never look back after trying it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-LX7WrHCaUA

youtube.com/watch?v=agmKa_CON9k

Remembering good ol' high school years listening to shit me and the qt used to like playing. Nostalgia is a pretty shit feeling desu

I recommend doing light RDLs or snatch DLs instead of the good mornings though. GMs are godawful, the memest and shittest exercise.
They just feel like shit.

Same, I've only been running TM for a good month or two now but I definetly feel like I can eek out a few cycles on it, especially now that I've started to settle into VD. Towards the beginning I felt VD wasn't driving enough progress but I brought it up to the point where I'm dead after doing it.

Wouldn't TM be a more efficient program for adding more to my total considering my early intermediate status? I add weight every week on TM as opposed to just running prep blocks and testing my maxes every month or so.

I haven't deadlifted until recently because I had trouble getting into position correctly (tallfag) yesterday was my second time deadlifting. Today my left spinal erector was tight, is that just because I'm not use to it or did I hurt myself? Was able to OHP and shrug today no problem, I fact the exercise loosened my muscle

You are probably right but if TM is working well for me (and it is, knock on wood) i see no reason to change it.

i also dont wanan have to max.

GMs a shit; I'd probably do SLDLs or something?

I think I have been running TM since April or May? Then again I didnt left for the first half of the semester.

Since last week I am trying to add 10 lbs to sq and dl per week (lol) and it is going ok so far (knock on wood)

>he still isn't hitting weekly @8 singles for each lift

Openers moved like a hot knife through butter lads.

Feelin p damned good. Printed out my TSA sheet and everything.

>tfw the mods have gotten smart to my ways so I cant strategically 404 threads anymore cause the mods will just ban me instead

we need a complete tactical overhaul

>sean programmed 190x2 or 195x1 tomorrow evening

w e w

>the USA has as many classic open total WRs as everyone else combined
is the rest of the world even trying?

this seems like zero volume 2bh

luck lad. have some cute

>low test

just why

her legs look like they came off of a 12 year old boy

I dont get the low test meme

is it viable to add seated press to cuckols bench program in any way?

(3x int med or 3x int high)

a fucking leaf

facial structure, skin tone, hair, eyes, smile etc

it's not all about dem booty, but here ya go anyway

I just want you to know, I appreciate you