Critique someone's form

>critique someone's form
>I DON'T SEE YOU LIFTING X AMOUNT!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vX04g9X-MAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PSnJO8-Hn_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you aren't strong, your opinion will mean very little to someone who is.

Desu.

>genetic fallacy

kek

Either newfag or b8

That's not what that means.

>hey bro your back is rounding a little on your max deadlift!
>you need to deload by 50 percent and fix your form bro!
>how long have i been lifting? 2 months but ive been watching a lot of form videos on youtube so i know what im talking about bro

B8 or retard

means judging something as right or wrong based on the origin or genesis (hence "genetic") of the position. this is a specific subset of ad hom.

the fuck you think it means? something about your DNA?

>being this ignorant

youtu.be/vX04g9X-MAQ

So supermang is king of Veeky Forums by that logic, right?

>be 16 years old
>try to pull 3pl8 to see how many reps i could do
>get to 3, struggling with the 4th
>finally gets it up
>some overtanned "badass" middleaged dude comes over
>"you are lifting way too much weight, man"
Now everyone is looking our way since no music was playing and its a small gym so everyone hears
>"it was a ashitty lift, you have to lower the weight slowly and you cant grind the reps, its bad for your back"
>i"f you want to get strong you have to slowly build it up with alot of repetitions"
>he goes back to doing leg press with 2 45lbs plates on each sides for 20 reps

>tfw everyone at the gym thought he was right and that was a retard for doing dls for 3-5 reps

I was watching some guy bench at the gym today and he kept starting the lift with his feet planted and then lifting his legs all the way up like if he wanted his spotter to wipe his ass as he brought the bar back up. I didn't say shit doe cuz he was lifting about 25lbs more than my max and he was a loud dude so I didn't wanna bro down with him.

>Thinking this is "a little"
Please fuck off. You're just being defensive and emotional. When you lift near your max weight, it's absolutely acceptable that your last few reps have a flawed form.
OP's point was that fucking morons who don't lift heavy enough won't know that. And you're proving that you fall inside this category too, because you didn't understand this point either.

I mean if you were slamming the weight on the way down, ramping on the way up, and cat backed, he was right.

There's literally nothing wrong with not lowering a deadlift slowly.

So why advance in weight when you can't lift it properly? Its like you are letting your ego risk you getting an injury.

are you training on platforms? deadlifting over 4 plates? if not fuck off and have some respect for everyone else

B8

>lifting 315lbs with bad form at 16 y/o
He was right and you were a retard

>lifting a new weight to test max or limit
>automatically ego lifting

Jeezus

I don't always get to use the platform, but I have a 545 lb deadlift.

Lel DYEL?

You're right, you don't need to be stronger than someone to analyse their form, some of the best coaches in the world were never anywhere near the athletes they train.

That being said, beginner lifters can be fucking annoying with their commentary because they reach a point where they think they're knowledgeable but they haven't been in it for long enough to actually understand things properly.

They get set on one way to do things and everything else is wrong.

Do you think someone that can bench your max deadlift is going to get anything out of some generic internet fitness advice posted by someone with no coaching background or athletic experience? That's like you finding value in a mens health magazine article. You're just not going to take it seriously.

Pretty sure lots of people here outlift supermang without the rounding too

Not the guy you want, but I'd only partially agree.
Slamming weights, like the other bloke wrote, is damaging to the plates, floor, and makes a lot of needless noise.
I'm not saying you should aim to deadlift like a ninja, but since it is a powerlifting exercise, one might want to take into consideration a common powerlifting rule for the deadlift: That the weight be lowered in a controlled manner. That is to say, you keep your hands on the bar, and keep it from bouncing when it hits the floor.
Even if you exclusively lift with bumper plates and/or on a platform, it is a good habit to get into, the main reasons being that
a) Should you want to compete in powerlifting where you're lifting at, or even above, the maxes you've hit in training, you will fall back on what you've done in training, and a dropped deadlift constitutes a no-lift. Then you'd be out of pocket for the competition, and your total would suffer for it.
b) It is bad form to take with you when you have to lift heavy things in real life. Sure enough, the gym replaces plates that might break, but you're undeniably a shit cunt if you break your mate's piano while helping him move.

Sorry if I'm ranting, it just seems like Veeky Forums is very black and white on the issue of putting their deadlifts down.

I'm pretty sure Fil is the only one that can claim to be king of Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=PSnJO8-Hn_o

That's what he said dude, not lowering them slowly. He didn't say "drop out of hands"

I do compete in powerlifting. Not lowering a deadlift slowly != dropping a deadlift.

Elliot hulse did a video on why some people prefer to drop the weight each rep rather than lower it, and it made alot of sense to me and i think the majority of the tryhard know-it-alls on this board will benefit from learning to understand the reasoning.

>tfw you will never be Sweden's strongest 105kg male

Why even live brehs?

And i mean literally dropping the bar, not slamming it down real fast when you lower it and grinding through each rep with shit control. Set-up, lift, drop, set-up, lift, drop.

if your form is shit, you aren't strong

He got the weight up. It didn't look pretty but he lifted it, so who really gives a fuck?

Speaking of form

I only bend my knees slightly when going down on Deadlift. Is that ok? Still feel it on the hamstrings, glutes and lower back

in powerlifting it doesn't matter of course, but if you look at it objectively, he's not doing a deadlift with correct form, he's hitching it the entire way up

Which he would have been red lighted for because hitching makes it a non legal lift in any meet.

Think of it this way, two people run a race on an oval, but one guy just fucking cuts the curve at a straight 90 and across the the other side and they finish at the same time. Sure, they both finished, but was it really the same?

Except in lifting things, not only is bad form (potentially) cheating yourself, you're also risking injury.

I'm a fairly new lifter (about 3 months), but would it be wrong to try and help someone move off of the Smith machine into free weights? I watch them half ROM squat 25s and DEADLIFT 1pl8 ON THE SMITH MACHINE, BACK ROUNDED, NO KNEE BEND. He's been doing it as long as I've been working out, possibly longer, and I know he can do it if someone pushed him to do it.

>so who really gives a fuck?
your back

It was with proper form but it was a grinder so naturally it went a bit slower.
Also, i didnt slam the weights. I held on to the bar to make sure it was lowered controllably.
Deadlifts does make som noice but i have always made sure it wasnt making too much of it

Removing leg drive is a way to improve bench max

Dyel?

Its more like asking if the guy who ran an extra 30 yards past the finish line is a better runner

fuck off his form is terrible and embarrassing

it's mechanically inefficient to lift with bad form. Deload, fix your fucking imbalances then become stronger.

you're in no position to give people advice unless they ask.

No bent knees is a Romanian Deadlift

you were retarded

I wasn't saying it's a sin to remove leg drive. I just didn't know why he had to look like when a mother lifts a baby's legs to clean his dirty diaper and then go back down to almost touching the floor every rep.