Many on Veeky Forums have used their change in fitness as a means to increase their desirability with the sexy sexes of...

Many on Veeky Forums have used their change in fitness as a means to increase their desirability with the sexy sexes of their interest.

One thing we can't really change, however, is our smell, our musk, our scent. I find pheromones fascinating and there is increasing evidence that humans either have pheromones or something similar.

What experiences do anons have with smell? Do you like the smell of others, certain people or what? Have you had people say you smell nice?

I ask because I was always embarrassed about my musk, embarrassed how much I would get sweaty at the gym. But I've had people ask me what cologne I'm wearing after working out.

>tfw smell like shit only at school even though I shower every day, wear clinical strength deodorant, clean clothes that smell nice, and constantly have mints in my mouth
>School starts again in a month
>it's another "user thinks this is finally the year his smell goes away" episode
>inb4 underage

Have people said it to you or is it what you think?

I've had a few people mention I smell nice and we're talking my BO here.

Deodorant YOU FUCKING RETARD

It's really interesting the kind of people this place attracts, so many deviant fetishes.

This place a gold mine for forensic psychology.

I've had a friends ask me if I shower, people around me being passive aggressive about it, people near me commenting on a bad smell or holding their noses, stuff like that.
>In pottery class one day
>Sit near the table where the teacher demonstrates projects
>Teacher calls everyone back
>Too scared to get up and walk past people and have them smell me do I stay there
>Fat Stacy next to me says that it stinks over here
>Black stoner semi Chad says "I know" and looks directly down at me for 10 seconds
>Tablemates look at him and smile

*so
People have also straight up told me I smell like shit and they don't believe me when I tell them that I shower
Here's another short story
>In wildlife class one day
>Teacher talking about how muskrats stink and how their smell is attached to their skin
>Friend sitting across from me looks directly at me for a good 20 seconds the moment after teacher said that
>Pretend not to notice it and just continue to stare at the board

Have either of you never heard of pheromones or the smell of attraction? I'm not talking about a bad smell, I'm talking about a natural body smell that one likes.

I've smelled guys before and liked it. I walked past a guy and his hot manly smell made my legs buckle

Damn, that's a bit rough. Have you tried using an antifungal soap or something?

Oh, are you black?

>can't change your smell

Holy fuck change your fucking diet.
How can people be this fucking stupid?

i have a friend whose smell i always enjoyed

idk how to describe it, but the smell of her hair drove me crazy; it wasn't sweat, but the smell of hot, walking around doing stuff all day smell stuck in my mind, I fucking love it and would give anything in the world right now to be sitting with her head on my shoulder and smelling her hair.

I was using Dial antibacterial body wash for a while but it didn't work either.
And no, I'm not black. I'm white

We're not talking about Indians here, Ravi, settle down.

You fancy the fuck out of her?

Are you eating spicy foods or anything?

No

Just a stinky boy, huh? Ya fucking animal.

Nah, maybe go to a doctor or a dermatologist or something.

I've been told I smell good before, I asked them what it meant and they usually say something like "I don't know, like a man". Not sure what that means, but I really like the smell of the bearglove oldspice deodorant I use and use dove soap bars, so try that? I think I just smell normal.

But yes there has been some girls whose smell I did not enjoy. My ex once told me something about how being compatible could also be told by liking each others' taste, like in terms of oral sex I guess. Not so sure about that one.

It's more of a physical attraction, as a friend she's great, but I wouldn't date her nor would she me.

it's her smell man, i fucking love it

it's called taking a shower. I work in an office all day with A/C. Stinky fucks are asked to either go home and bathe or use the company showers. Stink is stink

Fucking retard.

> increasing evidence that humans either have pheromones or something similar.

not really, but there's a lot of evidence saying our ability to detect pheromones has been inert for a long time in the cosmic scheme of things.

It's more on what you eat

Drink beer a lot and you won't notice the smell of guys who drink beer

Glad to know that's your only rebuttal

No worries, thanks for the bump.

sad story but fake. why?

>fat
>stacy

PICK ONE

You mean Stacy's DUFF Tammy or Gertrude

Do you shower in the mornings? If not then you should, because ever since the age of 12 when I hit puberty, that is the one and only thing that helped

I really wish it was fake. I called her a Stacy cause she's popular, on the cheerleading team (somehow) and she has a semi built fat 6'4 boyfriend.

Yeah, I shower every morning before school for 15 minutes.

Your smell is backed up by hygiene, what you eat, your hormonal balance and emotions.

>your hormonal balance and emotions.
Really?

Even when I was in a depressed mode (plot twist, I always am) people have commented/acted on my smell.

A big part of why I married my wife was that she smells beyond amazing to me, I can get hard as diamonds just from smelling her sweat.
In my experience, if your SO doesn't smell good to you, they're not the right person for you.

The moment you sweat when you are depressed it gives an off smell.

When you are angry it is a more hard and aggresive smell.

When you are stressed, you will smell like shit.

Each hormone that supports one or the other performs chemical release which gives your body the odor.

whats your diet like? eating a lot of refined carbohydrates? dairy?

are you drinking plenty of water? exercising enough?

>When you are stressed, you will smell like shit.
I suffer from (((PTSD))) so am literally always stressed but people say "You smell like no one else" "You always smell good"

>When you are angry it is a more hard and aggresive smell.

Wonder if it's a cross beetween the two or something for me. But if it was stress related I don't think I'd explain smelling nice to people. Unless, this might sound silly, my body is producing that smell as a defense mechanism, but smelling bad would make sense then, not the opposite.

>In my experience, if your SO doesn't smell good to you, they're not the right person for you.
Yeah, I watched a doco on tv about this years ago and it was one of the things that got me thinking about this.

It is about sweating. The moment you sweat your body realeses the odor.

The reason why exercising while you have certain mental issues and other related stuff is because your body produces dopamine which replaces the odor of the other smell because you are sweating the chemicals out.

when you are really stressed or really angry (could be dangerous if you have real ptsd) train really hard and sweat a lot. even you will be able to smell it.

Especially if you have a meat focused diet you will hate your own sweat.

>even you will be able to smell it.
I can smell myself right now and am actually in a bit of a state, had a bit of a panic attack today, dissociating heaps. I haven't had any coffee or weed for a while either (after having them to excess) and I noticed today that my body smells how I remember it.

>Especially if you have a meat focused diet you will hate your own sweat.
I eat a lot off meat and, yet, I don't think I smell bad and, again, neiter do other people. It's weird.

I also have a real bad sweating problem, I would sweat through two shirts while at highschool for example and, again, was never told I smelled bad.

A boy did come to school and he fucking stank, it was digusting and everyone noticed it and commented on it. Me, the boy who sweated heaps, was never told that.

State of mind could help you change the production of your body.

But as stated before this is a biological situation.

Stop eating dairy

Less processed foods

Not user you're talking to, but I have PTSD too. Never really notice it, except during loud bangs or unexpected noises.

>tfw never get told about my scent

Are you using deordorant and wearing fresh clean clothes?

You should be washing your shirt after 3 uses unless you sweat or just dirt. 1 use for socks and underwear. 1 week for pants and bottom wear unless sweat and dirt once again.

Make sure your bath towel is fresh

Hydrate, brush teeth twice a day

Wash your face twice a day with a face cleanser and use moisturizer