Hey Veeky Forums

Who is the best squatter ?

Olympic weightlifter ?
Raw Powerlifter ?
Bodybuidler ?
Equiped Powerlifter ?
Crossfiter ?
Strongman ?

Sure Powerlifters and Strongmen have the higher numbers, but does a low bar squat to paralelle match with an atg olympic squat ?

Bodybuilders and crossfiters might be better for higher reps sets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtube.com/watch?v=V7pDi2oT5nk
youtube.com/watch?v=36OXR4GPx68
youtube.com/watch?v=7mqSqwGJAMg
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBaFKZV8-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hkSN3f-a3Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-7KIb3hxM
youtu.be/jB9-aAkkg6U
youtube.com/watch?v=r5S_rWQs1Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=KcJ0rxVT1i4
youtube.com/watch?v=PRlJWcPzg-8
youtube.com/watch?v=BQZjC7cNbyE
youtube.com/watch?v=BI7HLunmlXw
youtube.com/watch?v=FkRkPigvO9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9et0l7MrdvM
youtube.com/watch?v=pwmwJ-SoxLE
youtube.com/watch?v=i2v2ETLrH0U
youtube.com/watch?v=kJy75CO0k6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not posting about greatest olympic event

crossfitter easily

kek

oly lifter by far

Low bar is not even a squat

do you really have to ask?

this bait triggers me so hard

Oly lifter.

Watch this and then decide

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

Powerlifters got rekt, fucking shit ROM

Powerlifters, they're the only ones that actually have it as an event.

youtube.com/watch?v=V7pDi2oT5nk

Strongmen can't squat for shit, lol at even having it as an option.

I love this video, I watch it every time it get posted and it never gets old

look at this magic trick, I can predict what DYELs will say to this

>fat
>knee sleeves, wrist wraps, belt
>roids
>half squat
>fat
>nigger

Didn't break the parallel.

In my opinion, oly lifters.

But only because of the joke that competitive powerlifting has become. There are certainly plenty of powerlifters who squat to good depth with good form.
But the doublewide stances and questionable depths you see in a lot of contests make a mockery of PL.

Strongmen tend to have nice squats and probably squat heavier than a lot of Oly lifters.

But for pure beauty and respect, oly lifters take it.

>Strongmen can't squat for shit
youtube.com/watch?v=36OXR4GPx68
youtube.com/watch?v=7mqSqwGJAMg

ray is strong as shit, but the best lifters in the IPF compete equipped. with the increasing popularity of RAW that could change eventually, but equipped is more prestigious atm.

that 2x bodyweight lift tho.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zXlyHoDaAE

True, I just really like that squat, so easy and beautiful even though it's 438 fucking kg.
Most of them squat high and for reps, depth and such isn't very strict in strongman.

Zydrunas is a former IPF champ so he's one of the exceptions, though none of them squat even close to what IPF lifters of the same size squat.
It's actually really easy to see that he did, even from the front.
Damn you're good, do you do parties and corporate events?
~2.5x actually :^)

>depth and such isn't very strict in strongman
I agree actually, as someone who does strongman and hates squatting it really needs to be judged properly. Brian Shaw's squatting at WSM 2014 was shameful, he shouldn't have had any reps counted at all

Well I mean, for most of the events as long as the weight goes up it doesn't really matter how it looks.

After all, that's (part of) why Ed Hall can lift so much more than IPF lifters.

Shaw's squats start at 33 mins
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBaFKZV8-Y

Don't they have something like a bar the weights have to touch usually?
Strongman is fucked because they have this king of exercise and no height classes, but to be fair they usually split the events half manlet advantage half lanklet advantage.

Olympic lifters
youtube.com/watch?v=hkSN3f-a3Ok

Olympic lifters only compete in 2 lifts and they are both involve squats

>After all, that's (part of) why Ed Hall can lift so much more than IPF lifters.
not really though, Ed actually has very good deadlift form. He'd take the raw record quite easily if he wanted to.
The thing with a squat is it actually needs to be judged properly, counting squat mornings is like giving an overhead lift without the elbows locked out.

Powerlifters
youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-7KIb3hxM

Powerlifters only compete in 3 lifts and one of them is literally the squat

>Don't they have something like a bar the weights have to touch usually?
yes, but they shouldn't. They should either have proper squats, a squat with a weight on a pivot like the barrel mechanism thing they used to use or not at all.

No he deffo hitches and such, obviously that doesn't take anything away from him deadlifting 500 fucking kilograms, but none of that would ever fly in the IPF, which is why the DL record is "only" 375kg.

Some of that overhead shit gets pretty memey too in comps from what I've seen.

why tho? it's not the spirit of the sport, that is seeing who can lift more weight (and faster) no matter how. Otherwise it would be called world most technique man

>No he deffo hitches and such
That 500kg lift is the only thing I've seen him hitch
And overheads are usually pretty strictly judged. You see people getting no lifts quite often for not holding it at the top
>that is seeing who can lift more weight (and faster) no matter how
But it isn't a squat. Hitching a deadlift is not the same as half squatting

youtu.be/jB9-aAkkg6U

Oly fags on suicide watch.

fucking hate his taste in music

This video is pretty funny tho

youtube.com/watch?v=r5S_rWQs1Ro

>Powerlifting
Fucking kek

You act as if Hossein Rezazadeh couldn't hit that for 10. He made it look as easy if not more than Derek Kendall plus Hosseein has much more control over the weight.

Still very impressive squat by Derek.

Olympic lifters have such great squatting form and strength.

Both worlds strongest men competitors and power lifters have crazy squat strength. Eddie Hall has done 340kgx5 beltless easily.

Saying that squatting is an actually event in powerlifting means nothing. Deadlifting is an event in powerlifting but worlds strongmen would destroy there records if they competed in their feds

Good thing there are tested feds and every strongman who would compete in USAPA would be in the 308+ class where the deadlift record is over 900 lbs. Not saying that it wouldn't be broken, but only a handful of elite strongmen can actually pull that kind of weight.

>Deadlifting is an event in powerlifting but worlds strongmen would destroy there records if they competed in their feds
Not necessarily, only a few people could beat Benni's raw record. Hall, Shaw and Pritchett come to mind. Terry could have done a few years ago I think but not now

>Deadlifting is an event in powerlifting but worlds strongmen would destroy there records if they competed in their feds
somewhat doubtful they'd get their lifts approved.

At least IPF. There they wouldn't pass the drug tests or get to lift with straps either obviously. Though I'm pretty sure most strongman deadlifts would pass in somewhere like WRPF either.

>but only a handful of elite strongmen can actually pull that kind of weight.
Used to be the case, but most WSM competitors nowadays are pulling 400kg+. The days of WSM finalists no-repping 300kg are long gone

deadlifting is an event in strongman too...

Now the real question, who can put more weight overhead ?

depends on what you mean. Strongmen could probably press the most but definitely not CJ or snatch as much as weightlifter.

Oly lifters, but I honestly think Big Z could have broken the c+j world record if he just did a max floor to overhead with a normal bar

big z

raw powerlifter is best at raw squats
equiped powerlifter is best at equiped squats
oly is best at atg frontsquats

if you decide on a particular squat technique, say high bar parallel raw without belt I would say raw powerlifter > equiped powerlifter > oly > strongman > bodybuilder >> crossfitter

No way, he's a powerlifter, not weightlifter.

Well I mean Benni is probably the 2nd best deadlifter in the world behind eddie. Benni broke 500 off the floor and pulled 465kg before that.
I'm not sure about the testing. Just look at the Olympians. They are tested and only just recently in retesting when they improved their testing methods did a bunch of competitors get banned for doping. IPF's testing is probably not as good or thorough as the IOC's (much bigger budget, more experience, etc) So maybe some could compete. As far as the straps. They have more than enough grip strength from all those heavy farmers walks and carries they do. They probably just use straps to make sure they hit the number and focus on pulling instead of grip too. I'm sure if one of the elite WSM trained for it they'd do incredible

He's a strongman
He probably has the strongest press of anyone who ever lived, if he trained for max overhead on an oly bar I fully believe he could get over 260kg. It wouldn't be a clean and jerk though

is the title accurate?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGK1FGHi21E

>IPF's testing is probably not as good or thorough as the IOC's
That largely depends on the nation the athlete represents, it is they who are responsible for OOC doping tests.

Most of them would fail on form anyway, IPF is very strict on form. No doubt Ed Hall at least could smash records though, but he is after all on a metric ton of gear

Yes I know, but he has a powerlifting background.

I really don't think he could put more weight up over his head than Rezazadeh, though he could no doubt press more.

Klokovs best rack jerk was 262kg
youtube.com/watch?v=KcJ0rxVT1i4
youtube.com/watch?v=PRlJWcPzg-8
youtube.com/watch?v=BQZjC7cNbyE

It'd be hard to say. I don't think big z would have the technique to put that much weight overhead with a regular bar.

>I really don't think he could put more weight up over his head than Rezazadeh
A fair fewpeople could/have put more weight overhead than Rezazdeh
For example, I'm not sure how accurate it is but allegedly Gary Taylor (weightlifter and WSM winner from the early 90s) btn push jerked 272kg

Lu squats like almost 4x BW (ib4 lel turbo manlet)
How much do PLers at his weight squat?

Ahh I was trying to find that
youtube.com/watch?v=BI7HLunmlXw
270kg / 595 lbs

I'm sure one of there guys Could hit 270-280 rack jerk

less

KEK, every powerlifter I see is fucking fat. At least the Olympic lifters look aesthetic. Dont want to lift 1000lb if it makes me look like a fucking amorphous blob

I find btn push press/jerks much easier than standard ones, is it normal or is a matter of preference?

Those weight classes are pretty much unpopulated and classic has only existed for like 5 years, so it's not great yet.

John Haack just posted a 298kg squat at 83 this year, but has squatted 310kg in training

>what are weight classes

youtube.com/watch?v=FkRkPigvO9Y
Richard Hawthorne deadlifts
610 x 4 @ 130 lbs
He deadlifts 4.7 times bodyweight for 4 reps

5x BW squat
youtube.com/watch?v=9et0l7MrdvM

dunno, but I've looked it up and Misha btn jerked 270 at the top of a ladder from 210. He was probably good for more as well
youtube.com/watch?v=pwmwJ-SoxLE

never seen a dwarf this strong

every fucking time

that's a pretty nice ass desu

If it's not atg shouldn't even count as a squat, so obviously weightlifter wins.

weightlifters have the best squats. strongman has the strongest. powerlifting is the pickup basketball of strength sports

more funny idolisation of le aesthetic high bar olympic squat

i imagine most of the readditmen who shitpost about it don't know why olympic lifters do the squat the way they do it and ape them and proceed to stall on 2plate hahaha

Likely this guy, 175 kg OHP.

youtube.com/watch?v=i2v2ETLrH0U

>roids

More powerlifters being better squatters than oly lifters.

youtube.com/watch?v=kJy75CO0k6I

5′ 10″

I'm not saying anything negative, that Indian dude is strong as fuck, but it's still a >lolfed he's lifting in.

>175 kg OHP
It's aan incredibly strong lift, but not world-class

FPBP

T H A T D O N K
O
O
S T R O N K