I have like pic related. My lower ribs stick out, even more then on this picture...

I have like pic related. My lower ribs stick out, even more then on this picture. I think it prevents me from having a nice physique and in particular, abs. Is there a way to fix/mask it? I can push my ribs down and together making it look like abs sortof, but then it looks like a 4pack. Wat do guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jlkKYpnFu5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm pretty sure you can't move your ribs around without some pretty drastic intervention

I think you've got an 8th passenger in you, buddy.

Well, it might be my abs flexing, i dont know how my shit works in that area its so fucking weird. Should i post a pic?

youtube.com/watch?v=jlkKYpnFu5o

Thanks! Now ill straight up hang myself

Yes

coming right up

I get that as well when I'm cutting it becomes more obvious. Just roll wiith it brah, let the swoleness distract from the ribs

I am trying not to flex anything on this picture.

pushed down ribs/whatever the fuck im doing.

You've got really mild pectus.

Welcome to the club. Mine is waaaaaay worse than yours. I don't take my shirt off often.

Can i see? No homo

Yeah you can barely see it.
Stop being a wuss

Not give a fuck about it, you look pretty normal. Abs is all about bodyfat (cardio + not eating like a fatty) and some core exercise.

literally nothing

stop busting your head over inane shit, lift more, eat properly, sleep long

well in theory you could move the bottom ribs as they're attached through cartilage and not bone, and they can be expanded outwards. but you wouldn't want to push them inwards.

OP, you have to build mass. there's no other way to hide it.

That fat surrounding those ribs prevent you from having a nice physique

Its just the shape of your rib cage man.
If you want a semi fix learn to keep a better posture.

also you have realy long pecs compared to your upper body, and might have some slight gyno

lighting makes it seem less bad then it is, irl it really is like the pic i first showed. But i guess you guys are right, if there is nothing you can do about it i should just lift.

So what do you recommend?

start working out, strengthen your core so you can pull in your ribs. Add mass to look better overall.

just the basic read the fucking sticky m8.
Come back in 6 months when you added mass

allright, been sorta lifting for 8 months, did a push pull legs, but i plan on starting SL when Uni starts, and do a good bulk.

unless you were an auschwitz lanklet 6'2"+ you should have gained more.
You might be better off with an hypertrophy specific training, either full body or split depending on how many days you want to work out.
Just do compounds and add isolation exercises if you want to do more for a specific muscle group.

Im 6", (182 cm) Im defo not auschwitz, i gain fat rlly fast. Why do you recommend me to not do SL? My lifts were really weak, like i struggled severely with 50kg bench(i started at like 25 kg).

Because if you have never worked out or played certain sports at a high level your coordination is the thing that will hold you hack the most.
Doing more repetitions, 8-12, will be a more balanced stimulus in the beginning than just CNS work.

The main reason you gain fast is because you are small, so normal gains look like a lot but relatively its not.

Most likely the ribs are sticking out due to thoracic flattening. That, in turn, is usually a side-effect of anterior pelvic tilt. I had the same thing, completely disappeared after fixing my APT.

what if it's only my left rib that flares?

Could be that your spine is rotated to the right - hence the left rib sticks out. Or it could be that your rib-cage is asymmetrical by birth.

yeah im thinking its just my spoopy skeleton

OP here, i did some research, and i think youre right in my case. I am physically unable to squat with a straight back, think i fucked up my hip/glute area severely. BTW i got kicked out of officer selection training because my knees were hypermobile. Could this also be a result of improper posture and glute activation?

>I am physically unable to squat with a straight back, think i fucked up my hip/glute area severely.
>>I am bad a something I have never done before

Fucking hell kid dont buy into his bullshit excuses that you will use to make your life miserable.
Mobility comes with time and effort.

As I said: It's most likely improper hip/rib-cage alignment. Your lumbar probably curves excessive, to compensate the thoracic flattens and you end up with ribs sticking out due to the shape of the rib-cage. Ie. anterior pelvic tilt.

Fixing that requires hard work and quite some time (took me 9 months to straighten out completely.)

Yes, weak glutes/hams and a weak core are hallmarks of that. Do your planks and deadlifts.

But then again it could be something congenital. Do this:
Stand up, tighten butt cheeks until your feet start pointing outward, tense abs.
While maintaining that tension try to align your posture in such a way that your rib-cage is directly in plane with your hips (usually that would entail pushing the ribcage back and slightly down and retracting the scapulae.)
Do your ribs still stick out?

You dont look like youve ever benched in your life, and im not exaggerating

Work harder at the gym

holy fuck just keep lifting and stop being such an insecure fucking manlet beta that you need to confirm your body dismorphia on a Vietnamese mailing stamp trading site

ive squated for 8 months, thought i was doing it correctly. could do 90 kg at some point, lower back hurted. Decided to film me from the side to check out my form, rounded lower back.I have squatted, i could do decently heavy. But i CAN NOT even with no/light weight, go deep and have my lower back neutral. Ive done all sorts of stretches and foam rolling, i still cant.

i'm not op but i have ATP and i can correct it by squezzing my ass but i can only do it standing and that takes a lot of effort, would doing it let say in couple of sets 1 minute long have any positive impact?

when i do like you said, the lower part of my ribs (the two nobs) go sortof down and inwards. They come together. I guess that if i do this they dont stick out anymore.

182cm is 5'11
Sorry to break it to you manlet.

Why do you have a sanitary pad on your arm? Improved Gains?

5'11 is 180
6'0 is ~183

5'11 is 180-182cms
6ft is 183+cms

So if i grow 1 more centimeter i wont have to kill myself?

As a fellow 5'11 ive found being king of the manlets is acceptable.
Look on the bright side at least you are not 5'10

agreed m8.