R8 or h8 routine for upper back development

Hi Veeky Forumsizens
I've been doing SL for some months now. I was not really progressing on some lifts due to shitty mobility and kyphosis (been obese, now just fat). My mobility problems are fixed now, and my posture is better.
My main weakness now is lack of upper back strength. I also want to develop my upper body more, my legs are big from being obese.

Anyway, I came up with a routine like that:

A:
5x5 Squats
2x5 + 1xAMRAP Chin-ups
5x5 Bench
3x8 Wide grip deadlift (not heavy)

B:
5x5 OHP
5x5 Barbell row
2x5 + 1xAMRAP Dips
1x5 Deadlift (heavy)

Stats:
179cm
100kg
Squat (5RM): 100kg
OHP (5RM): 40kg
Bench (5RM): 90kg
Deadlift (5RM): 160kg

Tell me what I could change Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVehf-8FAxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pendlay row, snatch grip deadlift

Those are already in the routine, but thanks.
I'm more concerned with the order or exercises, or their combinations on the same day. Is it optimal? Actually, how would one decide the order of exercises?

>started training first day
>my arms and chest hurt already the second day
Should i just keep the training? I dont know why this is happening. Wanted to train whole month.

Well how do you implement it during the week? ABAB, ab rest ab?

You don't know why your body is sore from working out the first time...?

I train every other day (A-rest-B-rest), switching days of the week every week (mon-wed-fri-sun-tue-thu-sat).

I trained for 20 maybe 30 mins. Next day my chest and arms hurt. Today only arms. I think this doesnt seem right. Maybe because i never trained before?

Looks okay enough to me. I'd do pull ups instead of chin ups though and throw in an extra leg accessory like hack squats or lunges, but that's just me. If you're doing strict pendlay that should be plenty to develop that upper back.

It's because your muscles aren't used to anything. Just take your rest day and stick with your routine

band pullaparts
youtube.com/watch?v=BVehf-8FAxQ
face pulls 4x12
pull-ups

thats what fixed my upper back after I had kyphosis, as well as consciously thinking about good posture all the time

I dont really have a routine. Its just arms, legs, chest. and weight bench.
Tried first day and next day my muscles hurt. Today they hurt a bit too but should i just train? Otherwise i would have the second day off.

Yes, I'm doing pendlay rows
Thanks, I already do some warm up / streching with bands, I will add this and the facepulls.
Then read the sticky and get a routine?

Someone explain why this bench press form pls, I can't understand...

Here's a simple push/pull split that will be good for you. Pull has lower body movements lumped in. Alternate each push workout's first and second exercise.

Push
Bench press/OHP 3x5
DB Shoulder Press/DB Bench 5x6
Dips 5x5
Lat Raises 4x10-12
Tricep Extension of choice 4x10-12
Chest Exercise of Choice 4x10-12

Pull
Squats 3x5
Deadlifts 1x5, 2x3, or 3x2
Horizontal Pull 5x5
Vertical Pull 5x5 (these two can be swapped)
Face pulls 4x15
Bicep curl of choice 4x10-12

There's also a simple U/L split. Again, alternate the OHP/Bench and also alternate the first lower workouts.

U:
Bench Press/OHP 3x5
Vertical Pull 5x5
DB Shoulder Press/DB Bench 5x6
Horizontal Pull 5x5
Dips 5x5
Face pulls 4x15
Chest/Shoulder/Tricep Isolation of choice 4x10-12
Curl or choice 4x10-12

L1:
Squat 3x5
Snatch Grip Deadlift 5x5
Posterior chain movement of choice (hyperextensions, good mornings, etc.) 5x5
Quad movement of choice 5x5
Ab work

L2:
Deadlift 1x5, 2x3, or 3x2
Front squat 5x5
Posterior chain exercise 5x5
Quad exercise 5x5
Ab work

No matter which you do, progress 5lbs/week for main upper lifts (OHP/Bench) and 10lbs/week for main lower lifts (back squat/DL). The other exercises, do a weight that is difficult but not overly so. Something that makes you do 1-2 grinders on your last two sets.

It's completely illegal in any sort of competition.
Ass needs to stay on the bench.

Just another dyel faggot thinking a 3pl8 bench with a two inch ROM means fuck all.

You need to do a rear delt exercise such as face pull or rear delt fly.

It hurts just by looking... Isn't he screwing his back big time ?

nah - he's just very flexible

every fucking time

Yeah just train. pain will going away or not be as severe with a couple weeks of consistent training