Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YVtj66vqm1w
youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4fQ2HxdFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HOL UP

user post the times of each and gues

did he start basketball?

SO U BE SAYIN

Judaism is a mix of the religion of every culture they were ever part of: Canaanite, Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Roman, etc.

He started Veeky Forums, don't believe the lies that says it had a "previous owner"

There is evidence of corrispondence between Akhenaton and the kind of Urusalim (Jerusalem), which was under attack by the Habiru according to that letters (Hebrews?)

*Smacks lips*
WE

Akhenated worshiped world eating space squids that live in the underground cosmos.

Is this the general thread for stupid questions?

>he's a christian

Can I get a quick rundown on this guy?

>Akhenaten
>1300 BC
>Judaism
>800 BC

No.

The time distance is the least of the factors. The most flagrant factor against the premise of OP's very stupid question is that Atenism, and Judaism, have nothing in common, ideologically, theologically, philosophically, or ethically.

Stop replying to obvious bait garbage, report, and move on.

He invented monotheism.

WUZ

He was an Egyptian pharaoh who's famous for saying that all the gods of egypt were bullshit except his OC Aten, the sun disk. They still existed, sure, but they were only different forms that Aten could take. Also everyone but the pharaoh was unable to worship the sun disk, that it would only listen to Akhenaten himself, and instead they were supposed to worship the pharoah who acted as a middleman between the sun and man. Akhenaten then moved the capital to his own autist pillow fort walled city and did nothing while foreign armies raided the rest of Egypt. I don't remember if the foreigners got him too or some other pharaoh just took his place, but either way he wasn't missed when he was gone.

dare I say it

Not quite. While he didn't actively deny the existence of the other gods, he worshipped only the Aten while expecting his people to worship not the Aten but he. Not unlike Naram-Sin and other such rulers who demand that they themselves be worshipped. In his religion, all life proceeds from he Sun God.

He didn't invent monotheism. But we've worshipped the sun ever since. Go see Zeitgeist.

Das rite.

>zeitgeist

How much is actually known about Atenism? I thought the old faith priest purged the fuck out of it.

>He didn't invent monotheism

Protip: neither did the Jews, they were also monolatrists like Akhenaten. Monotheism is a Greek invention.

They didn't do a good enough job. This dynasty continued, and there were too many recording hidden that preserved the history to purge them all. Many kings lists do not list this dynasty, though so it was a rather extensive purge.

Where does circumcision factor in?

>Zeitgeist
meme movie with glaring inaccuracy

tell me more

>Monotheism is a Greek invention.
U fucking wot m8

Zoroastrians are dualist you spastic.

I don't think that's exactly what he meant. Dionysus rose to such prominence as to be considered a god-of-the-senses. His backstory was a product of sorrow and imagination, much like other gods worshipped solely.

And in some circles, Demeter. Associated to her was the hope of a better afterlife. Something better than outright forgetfulness.

He only worshipped ONE giant space squid. Leave before you give somebody an aneurysm.

It's an instructive example of how religion reflects societal structure.
Hunter-gatherers have mostly legendary spirit figures that have little influence on people's lives.
People who live in societies with some amount of centralized control tend to believe in gods that are able to control their lives. Like their chiefs.
People who live in large states with absolute rulers tend to believe in one God. Like their king.
People who live in democracies where no individual has control over their lives tend to not believe in gods.
But there is always a bit of lag time (centuries) between the establishment of a new social order and the solidification of a new accepted belief on religion.
Akhnaten was an absolute ruler after centuries of absolute rulers of Egypt. His subconscious told him it was high time to say that all gods were manifestations of the one true God, just like other kings had to be subservient to him.
Most Western democracies are well on their way to being atheist states. Even the religious elite, for the most part, don't accept everything in their holy scriptures as absolute fact.

Egyptian custom. Moses is an Egyptian name and most of "his" religion is copy-pasted directly from Egyptian traditions.

>and most of "his" religion is copy-pasted directly from Egyptian traditions.

This is not true. Egyptian mythology bears almost no similarities to Judaism and Egyptian religious customs also bear very few if any similarities barring some very superficial ones.

While I think it is entirely possible that the figure of Moses is based on an Egyptian government official who began ruling some segment of society after Egypt had to abandon the Levant due to Aesthetic-as-Fuck Sea Peoples forced Egypt to abandon the Levant; Judaisms basis is from other Leventine and Mesopotamian religions which bear many similarities and names - both religiously and methodologically. Whether Moses adopted the local peoples religions and made slight changes to it is also possible, but the truth of Moses cannot be determined with the current documents and artifacts available to us.

No. Akheneten wanted to worship one god (as useless as this concept is even the godhead is only one entity). Jews wanted to be terrorists.

youtube.com/watch?v=YVtj66vqm1w

>cathars aren't christians
wew
Dualism does not stop monotheism, an evil god is not Duotheism

This shit belongs to /pol/, kid. You're contained for a reason

some lyrics he wrote ended up in the bible as psalms

MMMMM het me see Akhenaton is recorded to have exchanged letters with the king of Urusalim MMMMMMMM.... under attack by the HABIRU HHHHMMMM.... fragmens of a letter to Akhenaton where found in Jerusalem itself HHHHHHHMMMM... but most of them are in the Amarna letters from Egypt HHHHHHMMMM....

Welll, I'll letcha guess ;-)

>Egyptian mythology bears almost no similarities to Judaism and Egyptian religious customs also bear very few if any similarities barring some very superficial ones.

Genesis is the Egyptian creation myth, with Yahweh in place of Ptah. The dietary laws are also Egyptian, as is circumcision. Theologically Yahweism (before the influence of Greeks and Mesopotamians) is pure Atenism, right down to being monolatrist and NOT monotheist.

>While I think it is entirely possible that the figure of Moses is based on an Egyptian government official who began ruling some segment of society after Egypt had to abandon the Levant due to Aesthetic-as-Fuck Sea Peoples forced Egypt to abandon the Levant

Moses was a Canaanite who lived in Egypt, as his parents and grandparents had done before him. He and his fellow Canaanites were not slaves but free citizens, he founded a cult dedicated to his new god and lead his followers (the Levites) out of Egypt into Canaan, where they sided against the ruling tribe and overthrew them, establishing themselves as a parasitic ruling caste and inducting the 11 tribes who had sided with them into the cult, becoming the Israelites (a Canaanite term meaning simply "the people"). At this point, their theology began to deviate from that of Egypt, mostly by taking in lots of Mesopotamian mythology (such as the story of the Garden of Eden) and becoming increasingly intolerant of other gods as they competed directly with traditional Canaanite religious ideas (themselves mostly derived from Sumer).

>Dualism does not stop monotheism
Yes it does, idiot. Two gods =/= one god.

>cathars aren't christians
According to other Christians, you're right, they weren't. But it's irrelevant because gnostics such as the Cathars aren't actually dualists, they don't believe the "evil" demiurge is a being of the same "class" as the Unknowable Self-Contained creator of the Universe, but rather a junior figure much more like Christian ideas of the Devil. This is quite unlike the Zoroastrains who conceived of their evil god as being the "brother" or "shadow" of their good god.

Literally no evidence for any of this... pure speculation

Read a book you dumb faggot. I suggest you start with Friedman's "Who Wrote the Bible?"

>Sea Peoples

The oldest part of the OT dates to around ~920BC, this is many hundreds of years after the Sea Peoples and the Bronze Age Collapse.

I do read books, I avoid trash and I don't gobble it all up like you do, moron.

You read books on biblical history but claim Freidman is junk? Get fucked dimwit.

>Egyptian cosmology is very concerned with the sun god, Ra
Judaism has no mention of any kind of sun worship
>Egyptian mythology is focused with the role of kingship and how it is essential for ordering the universe
Judaism views monarchy as something Yahweh didn't want to do, and the concerns with kingships are largely tales of failures after Soloman
>Egyptian mythology (in the Middle Kingdom) becomes very concerned with corpse preservation for the afterlife
Judaism literally has no afterlife in its antique forms.

Also, all your stuff about Moses' parents and grandparents being Canaanites is complete bullshit, as is every other sentence you espoused there after.

That book is 30 years old, and Old Testament scholarship has come a long way since then. You might want to read some more recent stuff, especially works that actually take archaeology into account, which happened surprisingly little in old-school Biblical scholarship.

I've read a lot on this stuff (although, admittedly, mostly from archaeological sources, which probably influences my perception), and as far as I can tell, pretty much no modern scholarship would agree with anything you wrote. Especially the stuff about Moses, who almost everyone regards as completely legendary now, given the absolute lack of anything like the Exodus happening.

So what you're trying to say is, you know nothing at all about Egyptian theology AND you know nothing at all about Biblical history? You could have just said this up front so I could save myself the time of reading your idiotic sand completely ignorant post, you dumb fucktarded duning-kruger exemplar.

>The oldest part of the OT dates to around ~920BC, this is many hundreds of years after the Sea Peoples and the Bronze Age Collapse.

Oral traditions. Of course it would come after and the facts would have changed. However Moses is an Egyptian name. In Exodus Moses is said to be raised amongst the rulers of Egypt. My argument being the figure of Moses is possibly based of a member of the Egyptian ruling class who stayed in Syrio-Palestine after Egypt abandoned their lands their due to the Sea Peoples, and over time this figure become the literary character of Moses we find in Exodus.

And you could have just said that you no nothing about Egyptology as done by historians, rather than trying to pretend that Atenism, which is a heightening of sun worship already prevelent in Egypt bears any similarities whatsoever with Judaism; which as I've already said bears far more similarities with Mesopotamian religions/myths than Egyptian.

What is the evidence for Moses being a Canaanite or even existing in the first place?

Exodus is obviously highly mythologized, this doesn't mean it's total fiction. The Egyptian names of Moses and the Levites are undeniable, and their claim to have come from Egypt won them no fiends and makes no sense as something they would make up. Further, the overthrow of the tribe of Benjamin by a federation of tribes united under the Levites is also undeniable historical fact, as is the fact that the Levites were not native since they had no tribal land of their own, but existed as a parasitic class.

You're an ignoramus.

Moses and the Levites were Hebrew despite their Egyptian names. This is not disputed by any scholar I know. Your fanfic is irrelevant, literally no-one who has studied the matter thinks you are right.

Read. A. Book.

So you clearly have no arguments and have swallowed those ideas as facts just because someone wrote that shit in a book, what a retarded faggot.

Dude, you're the one claiming that Genesis is a direct copy of Egyptian creation (even though there were a dozen different versions of it), and apparently denying the similarities between Genesis and Mesopotamian mythology. Despite that connection being widely acknowledged, and Genesis almost copying the Enuma Elish word for word in a few places.

You clearly don't know as much about this subject as think, and might be falling for "one book syndrome." Read more.

It's a hypothesis dude. I'm not claiming it as a fact, I'm saying it's a possibility.

Thanks for backing me up man.

Stephen Gabriel Rosenberg, an Israeli archaeologist, suggested that conditions in the Amarna period ending with the reign of Akhenaten's son, Tutankhamun, very closely match those described in Exodus:[34]

a large mudbrick city having been just constructed by slaves of Akhnaten in two years at El Amarna, a site with little straw, and being abandoned with his religion
a disenfranchised monotheistic priest class displaced by followers of the old gods of Saqqara & Luxor being restored
extremely specific predictions of disaster - recorded on Tutankhamun's restoration stele - claiming "old gods would punish him if they were not given back their old rights and positions:
Hapi, the androgynous god of the Nile, would make its waters undrinkable;
Heqet, the goddess of fertility, would release her frogspawn to swarm over the land;
Osiris, the god of corn, would not prevent the locusts from consuming his cereals, and
Ra, the sun god, would refuse to shine."[34]
strong resemblance (cherubim, carrying poles) between a pharaoh's battle shrine and the portable Mishkan or Tabernacle that went into the desert with other riches - from a city that was abandoned
extremely strong similarity between the treatment of this portable shrine and the Temple rituals (inner and outer room) at Jerusalem.

Rosenberg further suggests that this date can be reconciled easily with Exodus 12:40 claiming 430 years in Egypt - since 1760 BCE - and the theory that the Israelites came to Egypt with the semitic Hyksos, as proposed by Josephus, which modern scholars place within decades of that time. An also, that if the Solomonic Temple was built 12 generations after the Exodus (I Kings 6:1) and these are actually 30 not 40 real years, 360 years after 1330 is 970 BCE, again within decades of modern estimates.

the dark god in zoroastrianism isn't a god tho. he's like melkor in the silmarillion

>This shit belongs to /pol/, kid. You're contained for a reason

No, that's a historical fact.

For example, forging death warrants in the name of the King of Babylon.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4fQ2HxdFk

No, he's the yin to Ahura Mazda's yang, they form a complementary pair and are both the same class of being, ie, Zoroastrianism is dualist. The don't WORSHIP Ahriman, of course, but they don't consider him to be something Ahura Mazda created, either. The Melkor analogy is true for gnostics (including cathars), it's not true for Zoroastrians.

I've been reading about it.

It's hard to say.

The history the bible describes is different from the historical Judah and Israel kingdoms.

The bible talks about Abraham coming from Ur (Mesopotamia) buying land in Canaan. His followers wondering around the desert for 40 years (pastorial nomadism). Then that they were enslaved by Egypt long before the David and Solomon periods.

The problem is, Egypt isn't really involved much in historical Israel's history. They are surrounded by Moabites, Edomites, Assyirans, and the bible doesn't talk much about them except that the Israelites hate them, hate their culture, hate their religion and want nothing to do with them. Even though they speak the same language and as far as anyone can tell, are all Canaanites in the same way that Athenians and Spartans are both Greeks.

Deuteronomy says Israelites shouldn't marry Ammonites and Moabites but Egyptians are okay.

There is a theory that Moses was an Atenist priest which might explain the relation to Egypt, and their historical obsession with Egypt. Thus the history of "Israelites" in Egypt might actually be about the earliest Atenist or Atentist-related groups in the area.

We do know there were Canaanites in Egypt who worked there for money, and they've proved that early canaanite writing was influenced by Egyptian hieroglyphs.

The other side of this is that the Hebrews were probably polytheistic or monolatristic. A theory goes that they became monotheistic because all the early hebrew prophets are deathly afraid of foreign cults and hebrews are worshiping Baal and other cults left, right and center. Hence the first commandment being "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" which is monolatristic.

Jerusalem was originally inhabited by Hurrians

That's bullshit. Hindu India and Buddhist Asia would like a word with you.

Akhenaten was a muslim because he worshiped Allah (DAWG) and learned about him under the ancestor of mUhamMAD (BRUH)

Of course

HAY-BREWZ