When the doctor says to avoid going to the gym while you recover

>when the doctor says to avoid going to the gym while you recover

they really don't know shit.
don't be retarded, but a full rest for more than a week will really fuck up your shit.

This seriously reminds me of that one guy on /r9k/ that thought conditional probability was stupid and the answer to Bertrand's paradox was 1/2 and all mathematicians were dumber than him.

>Doctors don't know shit they don't do things in REALITY

"There are three boxes:

a box containing two gold coins,
a box containing two silver coins,
a box containing one gold coin and a silver coin.
The 'paradox' is in the probability, after choosing a box at random and withdrawing one coin at random, if that happens to be a gold coin, of the next coin also being a gold coin."

Are you smarter than /r9k/, Veeky Forums?

its 2/3 right?

cause there are three options: you picked the first coin from the goldbox, you picked the second coin from tbe goldbox, or you picked the gold coin from the silverbox

2 out of 3 of those will give you another gold coin

1/2

Assuming that you must pick the next coin from the same box.

>The 'paradox' is in the probability, after choosing a box at random and withdrawing one coin at random, if that happens to be a gold coin, of the next coin also being a gold coin.

50%

either you pick a gold coin or you don't :^)

Holy fug it's 1/3, only one box has two gold coins

>he thinks it's 2/3

Are you fucking retarded? Remember that the inertia for a solid disc is 1/2mr^2

Implying it's not a matrix
2Dbabby detected

Is this that monty hall bullshit again

Is it a third?

Yes you two are the only non autistic people here

Except its 2/3rds because i just googled it.

Kill yourself.

Please explain how the probability of pulling two gold coins from the same box is 2/3s when only one box has two gold coins

>you hurt yourself doing x? well stop doing x
couldve saved you the money

Naw m8
Chest infection

see

>tore hamstring 4 days ago. Actually audible pop
I can almost walk normally now. Giving it a full week before going to the gym and only doing upper body. Going to just walk until 3 weeks then try babbyweight squats and diddly, like 20kg.

>mfw when my doctor tells me to find another activity for a couple of months while im on accutane

These are the same people that say it's unhealthy to lose more than a pound a week...

Hope it helps brah, one round wasn't enough for me.

>tfw doing good progress at the gym but suddenly you run out of money for gym and food
Don't fall for the gym meme.

40%. 5 coins left, two of which are gold.

ignore me, I'm a fucking mong
I didn't think it meant from the same box

Impossible to calculate without knowing which box you choose first as there are 3 different probabilities depending on which one you chose first

No.

The probability is always 2/3. Not understanding this is not understanding what "probability" means.

Wait. Let me clarify it. Is it:
>pick one box
>there's two gold coins in that box
Or is it:
>pick one box
>there's one gold coin
>pick another box
>there's another gold coin

SICK MATH BANTZ LADS

You are choosing your second coin from the same box as you got the first coin from.

its 50%. you either get 2 gold coins or you don't. wow that was easy r9k really is retarded lol

No.

Think of it like each box has two separate drawers with one coin each, might make it easier for you.

If your first coin is a gold coin, you either:
- picked G1 of the GG box and will pick G2 out of the GG box next
- picked G2 of the GG box and will pick G1 out of the GG box next
- picked G out of the GS box and will pick S out of the GS box next

It's 2/3.

You were trolled mate. It's a Veeky Forums joke. Everything has a 1/2 chance of happening because it either happens or doesn't.

If "the next coin" is the coin that remains in the box that the first coin was drawn for, the answer is 1/2.

If the second coin can be drawn from any box, and the box is chosen at random again, The answer should be
(1/2)*((2/3)+(1/6)) = 0.4166...

It's not 40%. You don't choose the coin you choose which box to take a coin from, the coin in the box that has only one coin is will be drawn 1/3 of the time, while any other coin will be drawn 1/6. 2/5 does not give the right answer because it assumes that all coins are equally likely to be drawn. It is the box that is chosen at random, not the coin.

If the first gold coin was drawn out of the box with two gold coins. (50%) there is a (1/3 + 1/3*1/2) chance of drawing a gold coin

If the first gold coin was drawn out of the box with 1 gold and 1 silver (50%)
There is a 1/3 chance of drawing a gold coin.

that makes (1/2)*(1/3 + 1/6) + (1/2)*(1/3) = (1/2)*(2/3 + 1/6) = 0.4166...

There's a1/9 th chance of picking out another gold coin following the first coin

but if you pick the GS box, assuming you must draw from the same box, your probability of choosing a gold coin is zero.