This is the Musasir temple, it was built by urartians (armenians) in the 9th century BC

This is the Musasir temple, it was built by urartians (armenians) in the 9th century BC

Its architecture look very similar to that ancient people architecture but i cant remember very well which ancient people

Veeky Forums, can you tell me?

Is it possible that those people copied urartian architecture?

Why would they do that?

I thought they were all original and they created everything from start

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ancient greeks?

I knew it , yes they, it seems ancient greeks got their architecture from them and canaanites

Jews.
It looks identical to Great Temple in Jerusalem.
>Armenians are really mountains Jews

>It looks identical to Great Temple in Jerusalem.
that was built by phoenicians, brainlet

pic related, greek temple

Phoenician?

It kinda looks like a Phoenician/Punic temple but not that much
It looks completely different, Greek temples have much more open spaces between the columns

>Phoenician?
im talking about greeks
>It looks completely different,
how it looks different?

ancient greeks just changed minor details and added more columns

the first time i saw that image, ancient greek architecture came to my mind.
you cant just deal with the fact that ancient greeks copied urartu architecture

pic related is phoenician architecture

>how it looks different?

Dominician English lol

>ancient greeks just changed minor details and added more columns

Anyway, it looks quite different, the classical Greek temple has a large open space surrounding the inner chambers

>you cant just deal with the fact that ancient greeks copied urartu architecture

Not really, I couldn't give less of a shit since I'm from Italy, and ancient Italians burrowed many things from the Greeks (not to mention I don't have an agenda like you do), the only thing they have in common is the gable roof which was already well known in Greece since the bronze age (pic related is from the late bronze age), and by other ancient people unrelated to Urartu, and the columns, which were known in Greece since the Minoans or perhaps even earlier.

So there's not really any strong evidence for the Greeks copying the Urartu temples' design, not to say they didn't know of each other's existence: cauldron attachments from Urartu were found in Greece and as far as Italy, still, the shape of the typical classical Greek temple could very well be a local development, and those finds are evidence of sporadic trade relationships and nothing more.

Anyway, do something about your anti-European obsession because it's really pathetic and annoying.

Forgot to post the picture

>it looks quite different
it isnt, it looks like greeks just made a modified version of it, they took the musasir temple as a base and made some modifications like added more collumns and other minor things

any ignorant brainlet even could say that musasir temple was copied from greeks

deal with it

lol you are so salty, i dont understand how can you say that classical greek temple dont look like the musasir temple?

you are so mindblocked that you cant accept that, its so obvious the greek temple look similar

>Is it possible that those people copied urartian architecture?

No, moron, other way round. That style of architecture goes all the way back to Egypt.

>any ignorant brainlet even could say that musasir temple was copied from greeks

Yes, in fact you are an ignorant brainlet and said that, so I agree with you on this one

Anyway, pic related, is Mycenaean megaron from Tyrins, built several centuries before Urartu even existed as a kingdom, it seems logical to me (and to any scholar) that the structure of the classical Greek temples evolved from Mycenaean megaroi such as this one, they weren't actual temples but the great halls of the Mycenaean palaces, of course they were the most important parts of the palaces

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaron

>it isnt, it looks like greeks just made a modified version of it

See This design long predates Musasir.

>they look similar so the older one must have copied the younger one!

I bet you think the Egyptians copied Mexican pyramids, don't you?

>I don't understand how

Because Mycenaean megaroi predate the Musasir temple by like 5 centuries and they resemble classical Greek temples too

>pic related, is Mycenaean megaron from Tyrins
that didnt look like that

greeks had architecture and in the classical era

and it doesnt show even the date they built it

>Mexican pyramids
how old are mexican pyramides?
to sumeria, brainlet

>that didn't look like that

Says you, an obviously biased autist, against the archaeologists who excavated it.

>greeks had architecture and in the classical era

Could you at least TRY to write in English, you dumb fuck?

Not really, Sumerians never built anything remotely similar

>how old are mexican pyramides?

that's my point you DIM bastard. Mycenean temples are OLDER than Musasir, so claiming THEY copied Musasir is as retarded as claiming the Egyptians copied the Mexicans.

Oh...my...god

Phoenicians copied stonehenge!!! they owe their whole civilization to the Brits!!!!!!!

Looks a lot like Achaemenid architecture.

You're an idiot. The Hypostyle building wasn't invented by Greeks. Egyptians, various Mesopotamian and Anatolian civilizations, and Persian architecture have similar buildings.

>Sumerians never built anything remotely similar
ziggurats and look for eridu

Are you fucking blind, you hopeless autist?

Admit you were wrong and fuck off, it’s ridiculous

Persian examples are more recent than greek ones, Mesopotamian ones look completely different, the only vaguely similar ones are Egyptian ones

Either way the fact that some structures look vaguely similar doesn't mean the newer structure was modeled after the older ones

Pic related is a Mayan temple, well I guess they copied it from the Egyptians because they both had columns!

It's not like humans can came up with similar ideas, right?

Those structures in Eridu don't even have actual columns

Urartian religion was highly syncretic and so probably picked up a bunch of regional temple styles. Typical native Urartian temples were carved into the sides of mountains, not built