5'5", 295 pounds, 30 years old

5'5", 295 pounds, 30 years old

Slipped two disks in 2011 (still bulging)
I was 245 back then.

Got hit with depression hard.
Intense, constant pain.

Decided, "Fuck it. I'm working out."

All the added weight and lack of activity over 5 years wrecked my knees.
(Started out just walking around the block a few times)

Back pain intolerable from walking unaided.

Hand cane bound.
Continue walking, eat lean protein and vegetables.
(basically paleo meets diabetic diet)
(not diabetic ...yet)

Back pain crazy.
Keep going.

GAIN more weight.
"Fuck."

Knees cracking and popping after a few miles.
Right knee locks once in a while.

Remember I loved riding bikes when younger.

Look for a bike.
"Fuck."

$2000+ for a bike that can support my weight.
300+ pound weight limit bikes are cruiser style.
"Fuck."

Can't sit straight up because of back.
Can't sit far forward because of fat.

Halfway position would be mountain bike style.
Feels ok.

What can I do?
Anyone know of geared bikes, preferably mountain bike style for short fat fucks?

Stand over height cannot be higher than 26".
I have very short legs.

If I have to pay a shit ton of money for a bike that supports me, then so be it.
But I'd like to stay under $3000 total.

Pic related.
My sad, fat self.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1478847
weightloss.healthytreatment.org/steps.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cut harder.

If I were you, I'd just focus on your diet rather than a bike for now. When you get down to a better weight, it should be easier to find a suitable bike that isn't a ton of money.

And with how bad your body is, have you thought about swimming and water exercises? It would be easier on your joints.

You need to eat less before you start moving more. Exercise makes you hungry, and if you haven't built a healthy relationship with food you're just going to end up eating more.

The best thing you can do would be stick to a deficit for an extended period of time, and pick up swimming.

With your injuries even biking can set you back, find a pool and swim instead.

Also, a proper yoga routine can help you rebuild the strength you've lost in your back.

I see you said you tried dieting but dieting doesn't actually do shit if you aren't eating at a caloric deficit. EAT LESS

Despite being a fat fuck, I do know how dieting works.
You need to burn more calories than you take in.

To expand, I'm not eating properly.
I only eat once a day.
Equaling about 1200 calories.

I know this isn't the right way to do things.
I SHOULD be eating four to six small meals during the day.

To complicate this, I have gastroparesis.
I basically always feel full.
Like, sick full.
Ago that's why I don't eat all day and have one meal.

I'm fucking up my body and I'm having problems fixing it.

As far as swimming, that completely evaded me.
I was a Redcross level 6 competency swimmer and a certified lifeguard.

I love to swim.
Why didn't I think of that?

I do have access to several pools.

I will try the diet thing correctly and swimming, and I'll see how that goes.

Any other advise is appreciated though.

If you were eating only 1200 calories a day you'd be dropping weight like crazy, even if you sat down for literally 24 hours.

Try again tubby. You're not counting properly. Don't try to argue this.

I assure you your TDEE is much higher than 1200 calories. It doesn't matter if you're only having one meal a day.

Get on some probiotics for your gut health - take supplements and make yogurt and sauerkraut a cornerstone of your diet.

Cut man,there is nothing much to do with that weight attached to your body.
Cut about 500-1000 calories while eating clean,you gotta eat clean man this is important.
You can do this my mang,you are not sad or anything but just need to push a little bit forward.

You can't do some things but you can do others that aren't traditional exercises. Think about the principle of energy use. If you make any action during your day energy inefficient then you'll burn more calories. If you are carrying something then in the moment find a way to hold it so as it burns out the muscle. Even holding your arm extended for no reason at all will burn calories you otherwise wouldn't have. While you sit you can slightly lift your foot or feet and try to hold them, hovering above the floor. Every little bit helps because it's a few seconds of inefficient muscular activity that otherwise wouldn't have existed in your life.
That shit builds up. I can not stress how much that shit helps. While you plan larger activities, like swimming, create a habit of finding the simplest small actions that you can add to your daily movements.

I remember watching a Richard Simmons exercise program on TV. I'd be flipping around during Star Trek commercial breaks and stop to watch these ham beasts dancing around with this fro'd up DYEL gay dude. One thing really stuck with me. He was talking to this 500+lb lady who couldn't stand. She was explaining her disabilities. He said, "Can you clap? Then clap. You can work up a sweat clapping and moving your arms around. Do anything that gets you to move."

That way of thinking, well, trying to inject that way of thinking into my life when it came to exercise is how I went from 386lbs to 211. My body is fucked from being a fatass all my life but there is always something small I can add to my day, like curling a book a few reps or gripping the steering wheel hard as I can for a count of X seconds. That stuff and going on walks is what really did it for me down to 250lbs. And portion control, ie. eating like a small, rice farming, asian grandma.

Youre cutting too much, your body is going into starvation mode.

Cut simple carbs (sugar, white pastas, cereals) and walk as much as possible for the time being. Eat lots of greens and complex grains (if you really have to) and protein a little from meat and a little from dairy/complex carbs. Oatz and other grains will help keep you full while providing minerals, vitamins from greens, and proteins from animal sources. 2500 kcals a day is still a decent cut for you, i was at your weight but 6'2, ive lost 10lbs this month doing these things. Not alot, but better than going up past 300 again. At one point in my life i was at 320.

Planking and pushups will help your back and core. Proper bodyweight squats will help your glutes and deep lower back. Also whatever seated yoga you can do.

Check this bitch out for inspiration:
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1478847

>Check this bitch out for inspiration:
>m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1478847

I second this approach.

Keto and walking, fat fuck.

If you're dead set on a bike /n/ always has a thread going. Give them your area and what you're looking for and they can find you the best deal on CL or whatever

Any basic adult-size mountain/hybrid bike will support your weight.

Check Craigslist for used. Low end bikes depreciate like computers.

Alternatively, if you can spend a few hundred dollars on a bike, you can get a gym membership and use a crosstrainer/elliptical.

The real trick will be your own mental discipline of going through several weeks of chafing on your legs and ass so bad that you'll bleed through and ruin pairs of underwear.

I cut down from almost 400lbs. I used ellipticals, crosstrainers, stationary bikes, actual bikes, and the occasional hotel fitness center treadmill. They're all viable options.

A bike might not be a good idea anyway. You're bound to fall or slip at least once sometime and that would most certainly completely fuck you up in your current state

Is that you Burlinggame?

you gotta believe in yourself OP

and count calories. Our joints aren't made to carry this much weight dude, your knees will feel a million times better once you lose some weight. Just eat less dude.

Thanks guys.
I appreciate the encouragement.
...and the fat bashing?
I mean, it's not like I'm saying that I'm at an okay weight when in reality I'm a land whale.
I already know I'm to big.
But...I guess some people have their own way of encouragement?

I'm going to speak to a dietician.
Come up with exactly what to eat, how much, and when to eat it.

Swimming, walking, and other muscle movements.

Thanks again guys.
I'm getting my life back.
Period.

I'm really interested in chair yoga. Does anyone have any experience or good resources with chair yoga?

For you physical pains I would recommend like into physical rehab. The diet is the easy part. Like up BMR calculators and get myfitnesspal. Put in everything you eat, DON'T FORGET THE SAUCES YOU FAT FUCK.

I'm in a similar situation as OP except I'm 5,9" 180 lbs. What do I do to lose weight?

You can come up with what to eat on your own using the sticky. Don't waste 3k on a bike to get fit, maybe try swimming, but you will lose the majority of your fat through diet alone. Exercise is SECONDARY to proper diet.

Find your TDEE, subtract 500-700, fill the remaining calories with healthy foods like vegetables and fish, whole grains and fruits. Bam. Give it 6 months.

You can always just get a cheap gym membership at planet fitness . They have cycling machines, even bikes that have a back so you can sit more comfortably .

That's what I'd be doing if I was in your situation

small steps, fella

weightloss.healthytreatment.org/steps.html

>what is swimming

>What can I do?
Anyone know of geared bikes, preferably mountain bike style for short fat fucks?

I was in a similar situation as you, except I weighed around 320 at 6'4". The bike I got when I was that fat was a Diamondback Trace. I got it as an XL frame so I'm not sure if the Small variant would help support the same weight or not. (Considering you're 5'5")

But I would recommend it, go to a bike shop and see if they have one your size. It's geared and should support your weight.

Maybe try a recumbent? Buy a used one on craigslist, and then sell it again once you've lost enough weight to ride a real bike. Don't use a mountain bike unless you are riding off road. That's dumb. This one is $400 on the Portland, OR craigslist, which I picked because I thought I'd find a lot of recumbents there. You may not have as good a selection where you are, but it's probably worth thinking about.

I've never seen those things before, is it like one of those lower posture bikes where the gears are in the front and you're at an incline?

Try a fat tire bike

Swimming is good, find somebody that can show you how to lift as well. Maybe a gym with pool and trainers? Best way to fix your back is deadlifts, it'll get strong enough to hold your weight. Start taking a multivitamin if you haven't already. You need to eat 3 solid meals a day at 1600 calories+exercises for the real weight loss to facilitate. That one big meal a day isn't going to help dude, the majority of those calories are turning into fat because you're overeating for that meal.

Hell yeah dude! Seeing a professional is something people don't do enough. Make sure you drink water. Drink more water. You've probably been dehydrated for years.

DDP Yoga.

Bro. Fuck the bikes and fuck working out.

Work on your diet. I mean, if you need therapy to do it...but you need to work on your diet. And I don't mean your temporary diet. I mean you need to change the way you eat and view food for the rest of your life. Start reading basic nutrition guides and start as strict a calorie deficit as possible. Start slow....you could drop a 100lbs by just doing this and never touching a bike or weight. Your not old as fuck. Your knees can improve once you take the weight off...everytime you walk...its leg day for your knees and back. Zero rest days Think about it that way.

God speed. I don't know you..but I'm rooting for you. Get serious...get focused. Be stronger than the cards dealt to you.

Op you are a true immortal warrior god and you have endured this physical trial for long enough now. Enjoy a good nights sleep and rise out of your bed vibrant and healthy as is the natural state of our immortal kind. Youve earned it.

NOW LET US GO WORK THE FUCK OUT BRAH

>fatty only eats once, about 1200 calories
>Fatty doesn't count the copious amounts of condiments and sugary drinks that he also consumes.

This is why you fat people stay fat. You can't fucking count.

You ppl are really weird.

Fat chicks asks for advice you're all like 'stay safe for me bby'

Guys ask for advice and you act like total cunts.

Yet then same fgts cry about how selfish and lazy women are and how they won't date you.

This site makes no sense. Even on a good day.

>your body is going into starvation mode.
I stopped reading after this. No wonder you lost only 10lbs.
If you eat at least 1200kcal per day you won't enter any starvation mode. You are an idiot to think that something like this applies to people with 70% body fat.

You are an idiot. if you eat at a caloric deficit you will not accumulate fat.

FFS so much idiots ITT

So your body is wrecked and you think it's wise to lift heavy weights? I'd just concentrate on losing the weight through a cardio routine first.

in this thread, people who were not morbidly obese give bad advice to a morbidly obese person

OP, I was morbidly obese like you. I lost the first 20kg without much activity, just eating 1500kcal for a couple of months.
The key is to count calories precisely and eat at a deficit. If you say you eat 1200kcal and don't loose weight you are lying to yourself or are misinformed about how many calories are in the food you eat. Use myfitnesspal like the autist you are and you'll succeed.

Not OP but in a similar situation. 5'8, 270. Started getting back into the swing of shit this week.

Informative thread with some good info. It helped OP and me.

Chin up comrade we are all faggot sometimes but lifting makes is great all times

This thread is comfy, I like it.

OP I think you are spot on about eating more times lesser amounts. I'm in a total different category weight wise but even for me eating one big meal a day proved inefficient.