Veeky Forums v.s Normie Standards

So I know Veeky Forums has the strength standard of 1/2/3/4, but what is considered to be an impressive lift to normies?

1/2/2/2

Normies can't squat or deadlift.

If you're ottermode or higher and have abs you'll be "ripped" to normies. Benching (they don't care about anything else) 2 plates is extremely strong by their standards.

From my experience. If you're at a college gym or something then people will be more informed, but for the most part people with no interest in fitness have pretty low standards

>2pl8 DL
>impressive to any normie
I literally did this on my third month in the gym and my second month of doing deadlifts at all. Easy as shit.

[normie in question]'s bodyweight on all lifts. Normies don't know shit about what's heavy and what isn't

>asked to bring over a box at work
>careful user it's heavy
>squat down and lift it up easily, it can't be more than 75
>"Wow user you're pretty strong!"

Normies are impressed pretty easily to be honest familiar.

This. They don't know it but they only care about sub 12% bf and novice amount of lean mass and guys might be interested in how much you bench, just to tell you they used to bench 10 pounds more.

If normie standards are so low, why progress beyond them?

Let's face it, 99% of Veeky Forums just wants to be bigger and stronger than everyone else to magically become the alpha male of their peer group and win over all the "Stacies." Why try to get to 1/2/3/4 when being that big usually results in meathead shaming from normies?

>inb4 "I don't care what normies think I just wanna be big and strong like my favorite animu character"

But will that really make you happy?

kek

>will that really make you happy
Face it, most people on here have some degree of body image issues and if they never get bigger they would never be satisfied with themselves. People like that will never be happy with the level they've reached and human interactions will not change this.

Honestly, I just want to reach 1/2/3/4 for my own standards and then just eat at maintenance for the rest of my life while lifting. No hardcore gains for me passed that. Just want to be decently strong and look good, not leave humanity behind.

It took you two months? 225 is literally what I started with lmao.

>But will that really make you happy?
Yes.

Fuck your bad vibes bro i want to lift fucking heavy weights and look jacked

And I diddlyd 315 for 5 my first time, so youre still a faggot

Fit is 2/3/4/5

Jesus fuck what the hell happened around here? Bunch of fucking casuals

1/2/3/4 is t-rex mode

You started with 225? I was pulling 300 for reps my first day lol

Are you sure? Nothing else will satisfy you?

>1/2/3/4
>impressive strength

Pick one.

If you are at any less then a 700 lb Deadlift right now you have been wasting your time.

This, except 1/2/2/3

To a normal person the fact that you actually take time to improve yourself physically is impressive. Beyond that they don't care about actual strength and everyone will then proceed to gains goblins you.

not that guy, but I'm with him.
The other thing that would satisfy is a time machine or a real hoverboard. Not like the fucking shitty wheel thing they've made now

What's not t-Rex mode? 3/4 for squat/diddly is my lower body goal. What's a good upper body one?

Alright. What will you do when you hit all your strength/aesthetics goals?

Honestly just adding like 10-20 pounds to ohp/bench will make it a bit more balanced. Just my opinion though, do what makes you happy brah.

this lol

1/2/2.5/3 is more even

>implying I e-stat
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Funny thing is, I was cutting throughout it all because I started out skinnyfat dyel, trying to become dyel with abs. By now I've lost 10 pounds and my progress stalled at 245 and I've regressed to 225 because I didn't have the energy levels to pull 245 for 5 reps.

>>inb4 "I don't care what normies think I just wanna be big and strong like my favorite animu character"

>>But will that really make you happy?

fuck off normie scum, i want to be jacked as every jojo character

this

>ask how long normies been lifting 180 bench and 205 pound squat for

>7 years

Nobody cares about a 75% body weight deadlifts you weak fatty.

Must being born a women.

fill up on protein and get some rest, hbu?

>started with 225
>stuck on 245
hahahah wow, I'd tell you were you fucked up but honestly it began with your conception.

Must suck being so much of an autist you forget to type coherently.
>my lifts go up when I cut
okay

I'm that guy, and I don't see how one thing making me happy excludes all the other things that do. That doesn't make any sense. I have other things I like to do but that isn't an excuse to compromise on a goal.

>know a buddy who started DLing with 225
>watched his form one day
>starts off by rolling the bar to get "leg drive"
>starts his pull
>imitates pic related
>slams the weight down
>goes for another rep
>can't do it
>tells me to hold on
>he tries to pull again
>his back arches even more and he gets it up
>he slams the weight
>has the smuggest piece of shit look ever
>I tell him nicely "watch the lower back man, gotta be careful"
>he tells me that keep his lower back straight is one of the main thing he focuses on
>later he brags to our buddies about how he hit a 2pl8 in a week

I imagine you are like my buddy

Correct. 1/2/3/4 Is the standard for leaving DYEL mode. 2/3/4/5 is the standard for entering big guy 4u mode

Actually just last time a PT in my gym came to me while doing deadlifts and complimented my form but advised me to have a slightly wider stance to help with balance.

>things that never happened

Tfw i have 135 OHP 225 bench but only 265 squat and 275 deadlift
My squat and didly are incredibly weak.

1337, but anyways,
u started with ONLY 225? wanna know how i know that ur a weak bitch that cant lift weights?

>a PT giving advice to someone who works out in the gym
Why does this sound so unbelievable to you? Dunno why I'm trying to convince you actually, though. Like I said, whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Not him, but What is so hard to understand that people played sports before?

Veeky Forums standards are SUPER messed up. It's the same thing with runners I remember when I graduated college and started doing road races and actually paying attention to how non-runners view running. For the first time in my life I realized that there were grown adults who couldn't break 20 for 5k or 6 for a mile.... that seemed unreal to me. Like I knew people on my hs XC team who couldn't but they were like sickly and truly weak.

Ive wrestled, did bjj and taekwondo and my lifts were still poverty as fuck. Doing sports before is no excuse for estating.
The only people who sometimes are really strong after theyre done with the sport are football players and thats because lifting was already a part of their training. All sports did for me is increase my work capacity(which did help a lot) and i had a lot of muscle mass on my legs after tkd and since we used our legs a lot there i still didnt have an impressive squat.

gym normies don't even know what SS/SL/ICF or any beginner strength training routines are, most of them are brosplitters at best.

one of the funniest things I experienced so far as a novice is surpassing normies in squats after 3 months of lifting. one of my friends took years to get to lmao2pl8 because his stupid ass only did 'leg day' 0.75 times per week.. he and his roommates thought that was strong

mfw I got there in 2 months on SL

1/2/2/x
deadlifts are strictly forbidden at planet fitness.

I have the same boxers. Srs.

this except they don't even know what The Press is, or they do the seated dumbell press or some cancer

yeah, very few people squat. the few who squat usually squat high, or they do high bar ATG with 1pl8.

a normies image of someone who lifts is arnold schwarzenegger. have fun getting anywhere near that

Have abs and do pull ups or some shit and normies will think you're stronk. Just don't be fat I guess

Planet Fitness goer here. AMA. Deadlifting in a smith machine might seem silly but literally no ones says anything.

>what is considered to be an impressive lift to normies?
2pl8 bench
All other lifts are irrelevant or unknown to the normie

>dyels like this are giving fitness advice

On most boards normies means people who go outside, have friends, drink and fuck and don't watch anime.
When did "normies" become those who don't lift on this board? All my normie friends lift

Board culture m80, there is a reason there are distinct boards for different topics and not just one big mess.

>work at home depot
>customer wants two 5-gallons of paint
>they have dollies/hand trucks to move them
>they weigh about 65-70 lbs
>pick up one in each hand and farmer's walk them to the mixing station
WHOA LOOK AT THIS GUY!

for you

Well yeah.
See normal people don't fully understand what it takes to get big or stay big or even lose weight and not fuck their bodies up in the process.

The ones who just want the results and don't care just do a lot of body destroying bullshit like gear and dnp and go clubbing.

They honestly have no idea.
Even more distressing is that they equate the drug abusing, photoshopped genetically blessed people are the norm and all you have to do is take some shit supplement or do some shit program and you can do it too.

That any one program is a one size fits all and will get them whatever they need in life.

They have no idea what a natural lifter looks like or what it takes to become strong or put on muscle.
They don't even know the fucking basics of diet and why they are so goddamned fat.

Most think they need a gym and expensive diet foods and certain exercises just to put on muscle/lose weight/gain weight/shape up.

It's surreal.

I can't even dead one plate :(

1/2/3/4 1RM = no longer DYEL / alpha male normie tier
1/2/3/4 5RM = "not bad" on fit / strong for normies
1/2/3/4 10RM = impressive / normies suspect you take steroids
2/3/4/5 1RM = damn near son / women are oppressed by your mere presence
2/3/4/5 5RM = made it / lunk alarm just stepping foot inside planet fitness

I'm perfectly fine with reaching 1/2/2.5/2.5, maybe 3pl8 deadlift.
Shame my OHP will never reach 1pl8 because it's stalled for all eternity.

>Looking like your favourite anime character wouldn't make you happy

get out you boring motherfucker