Finally hit lmao2pl8 bench today

>Finally hit lmao2pl8 bench today
Feels good man, still no gf though. Anyone else achieve anything today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uRbj1Q4tXNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yesterday I got up to 2pl8 on my diddily reps, it's only my third week of doing them, so I feel like I achieved something pretty great. 4 x 8

Good job

For me 4pl8 dl was hardest, but none of the above are difficult at all

OHP will be my bane. I'm been doing a lot of shoulder accessory lifts with dumbbells, and I'm getting farther, but not very quickly.

>1/2/3/4 isn't difficult at all

A poll was done on Veeky Forums the other day, last I checked it there were about 400 responses. Only 30% of the responses said they could do 1/2/3/4.

I'm aiming to do it in 6 months (the end of the year) like people have suggested is do-able, but I've seen people list what I'd considerably effective routines and not be able to do 1/2/3/4 after 2 years.

I don't know why 1/2/3/4 is considered something beginners can achieve easily or even implemented as a standard. A 5'3" Manlet is gonna have a hard time ever even reaching that while a 6'5" mountain über mensch is gonna get it pretty fast. IMO it should be based on a multiple of your bodyweight

If you're doing SS, SL, etc, you should be 1/2/3/4 by the latest at 1 year, sooner if you're focusing and doing good form and good diet.

you're in the wrong threads
if you're lifting with any sort of strength goal at all, 1/2/3/4 marks your transition from "novice" to "intermediate"

This

A standard formula needs to be created that shows the optimal lifts that give both the best aesthetics and strength at your current body weight.

I want to lift as heavy as I can, but my main reason for lifting is to get rid of weight/inches off muh grotesque body.

As soon as I was made aware of 1/2/3/4 I recognised it as only a milestone.

That guy in your pic looks like he could go for a nice, refreshing beer. In a lovely pub, what could be better on a hot day like today, than a couple of refreshing beers.

He is indeed a man that enjoys a couple of refreshing beers.

youtube.com/watch?v=uRbj1Q4tXNo

i did 4pl8 this morning on my DL, feels good

>both the best aesthetics and strength at your current body weight.

LIfting heavy shit like a powerlifter/strength trainer does not give you them aesthetics.

You'll get more mass, but you won't be given the freedom, and in this case, the tools(meaning knowledge) to build that kind of body.

I was thinking of the other skit, but that's a good one too

It depends on how big you are. If you're a manlet, you have to bulk to insane levels to make 1/2/3/4 the end of "novice"

its just a really rough idea of what separates a novice lifter from an intermediate one, and just like anything theres going to be exceptions depending on height/gender/etc

My favourite is probably the "slightly less than 2 drinks" one. Fantastic #banter

Fuck me.

Me and my friends quote this on a daily basis, everyone else looks at us like we're mental.

It's relatively obscure, but I'm guessing you're not one of them. The most they lift is indeed a crisp refreshing glass of beer. Maybe a vodka too, the cheap stuff.

After I could hit 1/2/3/4 I got a gf

Well fuck me I'm 5'4 and had this as one of my goals...
>tfw I will never learn

confirmed for not understanding morphology
a 5'3" manlet will be able to outlift you far quicker than a 6'5" guy due to his shorter limbs (i.e. the weight has to move over a shorter distance)
you guys have no fucking idea what you're talking about

Hit 405x5 today on squats for the first time. My favorite lifting milestones are always when I get into rep range with weight that was once a goal for a single rep max.

475x5 dead-lift was probably my most euphoric lifting moment so far.

Hit my squats weighing in at 185 pounds today, which also got me pretty stoked. I feel I could easily cut a few pounds and try out my first local powerlifting meet. Might not win anything, but it would be a rush.

try for .75x/1x/1.5x/2x where x is your bodyweight

Probably better suited for manlets than 1/2/3/4

bullshit, that's complete nonsense
larger people need more muscle to do the same job, which requires even more eating
stop making excuses for yourself you little bitch

tfw I've been working out for 10 months and still can't bench 1.5 pl8 for 1 rep

I thought we were all going to make it familia

>At the gym on Friday
>leg day
>waiting on the only power rack being free
>gym is busy as shit
>did some warmups elsewhere for 10 minutes
>5'6 guy putting weight on the bar
>ask if he's got long to go
>"i've just started"
>"you mind if I work in?"
>"no worries man, what weight do you want to do?"
>"About 70?"
>"sure thing"
>he does a set of 60
>I doa set of 70
>he ups it to 100
>think to myself "damn, that's impressive, but he's clearly built for it, just focus on my shit"
>i do 70 again
>he goes 120
>i do 70 again
>he goes 140 x 5
>genuinely don't know what to do
>demoralized
>want to just leave the gym
>do my last set of 70 to failure
>thank him for letting me work in
>ask if he needs a hand
>he goes 140 again and puts a belt on as I head to the leg press
>he gets a full 10 reps

When will I be Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums?

>as i head to the leg press
found your problem

What's the issue?

>start my workout with squats
>go to leg press next

I can already do that
97.5/130/195/260

just do compounds, leg presses are a pretty shit thing for a beginner
heavy backsquat monday/friday
heavy frontsquat wednesday
do 3x5, and i emphasize HEAVY again. if you're doing them right, your legs should actually feel like they were worked pretty rough and a leg press should feel unnecessary (though it is unnecessary, whether you feel it is or not)
if you'd like, you can try 5x3 instead. lets you work with heavier weight if your body needs to get used to it
how long have you been on this board? go visit /plg/ or /olg/ where you can get good lifting advice

nice, move on to 1x/1.5x/2x/2.5x

I've only been browsing Veeky Forums for about a month. And I've only been doing the lifting for about 6 weeks seriously.

Chit tier bait mait

Or you're just making an excuse

keep at it, visit one of those threads i mentioned if you're looking for actual advice. these other threads are memeing grounds
people like to shit on rippetoe, but for a novice without access to a coach, he's a good place to start

oh fuck you
go read some frederic delavier

125lbs 5'4'' manlet here
I recently acheived 1pl8 ohp and 3 pl8 squat, 1gf coming along pretty well, next im aiming for 2pl8 bench (@1.5 right now) diddly will never happen

11months into lifting

Welcome to Veeky Forums everyone, where everyone claims 1/2/3/4 is easy but almost 3/4 people here haven't hit it. Never mind general disregard using body weight to calculate experience level for weight lifted. It's much more fun to shitpost about you're either beginner or Eddie Hall, no in between. Don't forget a height thread after this one.

If I were to weight 100 pounds and could bench 80 it's pretty normal. If I were 200 pounds and could bench 80 then that's bad.

Please get off my boards

>responds to a post he hasn't read

Is it 1/2/3/4 for reps? Or 1RM

Are squats and deadlifts even necessary, don't think I will get there anytime soon at my pace

It doesn't fucking matter, you hit 1 rm and someone will tell you do reps, you do reps and someone will tell you 2/3/4/5 is the real cut off from weak to strong.

squats are love, squats are life
you want that HGH
you need it
but you don't want to break the law
so you squat, and your body produces more it during this than any other exercise
and it carries over to other exercises

shorter rom = less work required = harder???

>squats produce hgh
Wasn't that proven to be broscience

At 3.5 for diddy and 1.5 for bench

Soon user

5km in 28mins

>Doesn't listen to superiors

Did you actually get an accurate measurement of his height?

Because my betting is he was more like 5'9 (average) or 5'10, and you're a lanky useless fuck (though probably not much taller, like 6'0) and you're just jealous.

I'm 6'2, and this "manlet" shit fucks me off so much.

90% of you are trolling. It's the 10% who are so autistic they think it matters that annoys me.

Honestly, I think you autists should be fucking gassed,

Shorter ROM for Manlet = work = greater ROM for giant.

Dammit guise it's proportional for fucks sake

AUTISM IS NOT ANALOGOUS TO EGO
THIS IS A SANE RESPONSE TO ONE'S EXPOSURE; A MAN CHOOSES TO STAY BECAUSE HE DECIDED TO LIFT NOT BECAUSE OF WHO HE WOULD ENCOUNTER THERE

>Honestly, I think you autists should be fucking gassed

Pretty much this. Daily height bullshit has become the banana or your mother will die in her sleep of Veeky Forums. This shit needs to fuck off. Nobody talks about lifting anymore in a serious or even realistic capacity.

A lot of people come to Veeky Forums looking for where to start or advice on what they're doing, of course you won't find many 1234s

microweights

Congrats

When people say they've reached 1/2/3/4 are they referring to their one reps maxes?
I've been lifting two years, and I just hit a 3pl8 squat for 3x5 and a 4pl8 deadlift for 1x5, with much higher than 1 and 2 plate ohp and bench for 3x5. Does this mean I just hit 1/2/3/4, or does it mean that I hit it when I could do those weights for my maxes?

Hit 115 OHP today. Nothing special, just enjoyed it. Only 8 more progressions to go until one pl8.

Now if I could figure out what I'm doing wrong on the squat, and why my left anterior/lateral delt is growing larger than my right. Which is funny, because that's the injured one.
I suspect reverse grip bench form, but I'm failing to see what I'm doing wrong. Hopefully I can get some help from someone more experienced.