What was the single most humanitarian moment in history?

What was the single most humanitarian moment in history?

You’ve posted on the wrong board, Veeky Forums is for armchair historians to argue about wars and racial superiority

When America vaporized 250,000 bloodthirsty nips, thus saving the world from their savagery. Very humanitarian.

The duel purpose was to make Stalin btfo

Case and point here

think you already nailed it op

the berlin airlift

the surrender of Jerusalem to Saladin

The white buses program during ww2/Germans who helped jews escape axis influence

>Berlin Airlift
>Not a Western power move

I mean, it was philanthropic by all means but like hell if it wasn't 80% to spite the Soviets

>save tens of thousands of people from starving for months as winter approaches because hte soviets literally will not let them receive food because the soviets don't want the allies to establish a stable currency in the post war environment for germany
>shed the blood of dozens of airmen to deliver millions of tons of needed fuel and food and stave off societal collapse and submission to the dreary despotism of the communist expansion

that's a power play to you? you're a damned cynic

Too boot it was more arrogance of Truman and sheer luck of having one of the easiest winters that enabled this. It was an accident that they politicized as humanitarian

get the fuck out of my Veeky Forums kremlinshills

The holocaust

I came here for this.

>implying the nukes didn't save millions of lives

japs aren't a race

The eradication of endemic smallpox.
Also nice reddit image. The Christmas Truce is overrated.

I was going to respond to you with a big flame about how much I hate fuckwits like you blaming everything they don't like on reddit. But, 4chins wouldn't let me post because it thought it was spam from the various and diverse ways I said fuck you and the dipshits like you.

Woodstock
I could literally breathe the love in the air

No trust me, that's just the drugs. My dad was there, I got told all about it.

I don't understand how they just kept fighting and killing each other after that.

Is it a humanitarian action to kill thousands of civilians to save your own soldiers and to fuck off your not-yet-enemy ? I doubt that

I mean the amount of Japanese lives that were saved is probably in the millions

Yeah, I could totally accept someone that old using a computer adequately enough to post on an anonymous image-board. Yes, I am ageist to a degree.

>spiting the Soviets
>not humanitarian

WWII
Civil War

the holocaust

Vietnam War when Americans brought freedom and civilization to uncivilized gooks living in the jungle

edgy

Christmas Truce was pretty nice

U-boat commander Hardegan torpedoed a merchant ship close to the Florida coast, and then moved in to finish the job with deck gunfire as per standard practice. Looking ashore he observed civilian vehicles arriving on the scene, civilian buildings and housing nearby, and people arriving on the beach. He maneuvered his boat inshore of the stricken freighter so he could fire out to sea and spare the civilians, although it risked his own boat. Based Nazi, he was. He didn't survive the war.

>torpedoes a merchant ship in american waters
>but its ok cause he fired away from civilians!

Asshurt american detected

Does ANYTHING in history even compare to the Christmas Truces?

and they became so civilized that they kicked America's ass

job well done

1885, Serbo-Bulgarian war, Serbian army lets Red Cross go through to the Bulgarians to help the wpunded, as the only way there went through Serbian frontline.

happy 15th birthday :) !!!!!