How do I prevent this from happening? Don't I want both arms flared on a barbell row so I can use more back...

How do I prevent this from happening? Don't I want both arms flared on a barbell row so I can use more back? I wanna strengthen the small weaker back muscles

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G8l_8chR5BE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

lower the weight until you can do it right

Do pendlay

Its just the bar

Work on form, that's a real good way to fuck your shoulders.

what is? having your elbow to close to your side? You want it flared like my right shoulder is right?

How do you prevent what from happening, you doing the exercise wrong? Just don't do it like that you retard.

Sheeeeit, use a broom then

haha ok. I don't know if its the camera angle or what but it looks to me like your entire torso is twisted to 1 side.

If you're doing a lot of work twisting one way or throwing baseballs or whatever you should work on twisting the other way.

Do dumbbell to correct imbalances

get checked for scoloisis

I just had a shoulder injury that I still have. And I just noticed today that my one elbow (non injured shoulder) flares out like this. While my injured shoulder is tucked in a little more. Which actually does make sense if you think about it

Then yeah just do dumbbell exercises to even out the imbalance do to the injury

So dummbell rows then? What position to I want my elbows in? Because both mine do different things and I am not sure which one is really right or wrong lol

on the flared side you'll naturally twist your elbow inwards more if you stretch out that front delt/chest which pulls it in, and at the same time strengthen your rear delts which will pull that elbow toward your body.

Personally I would strengthen my rear delts and stretch chest/front shoulder on that one side.

If you had your arm in a sling at all it may have contributed to the issue

I'd get more parallel to the ground and try and match your right elbow with your left, usually match my grip width with my bench press grip width and keep my elbows tucked slightly

The arm closest to my body up there is the one in the sling. I also have hyper mobile shoulders so stretching doesnt do very much for me. I am trying to figure out which arm is the one that needs to be corrected. The one that is flared or the one at the side

I think actually the one that is closest to me lacks internal rotation and that could cause this. What do you think?

With the width your holding it at your left arm is in a better position to complete the movement for overall back engagement

my actual left hand of the left hand in the picture?

Nigga what?
youtu.be/G8l_8chR5BE just watch this shit it will explain the movement well

I'm really not sure lol. It really comes down to your arm getting the strongest pull in the position it falls into so maybe you have an imbalanced back?

I just realized that you want to flare the right arm (in the picture) and I thought it was the other way around. It looks like the arm that's tucked in has the proper form to me...

Maybe hold the bar how you are holding it, then just move it more to that side.

Maybe pay less attention to your elbows and focus on your entire posture (foot position and spine)

Does your form change if you put more weight on?

Its hard to troubleshoot these things, wish I could just wear the body for a workout or something...

Ive already seen that, nothing in it talks about elbow position

I am just so fucked up and all I want to do is lift god damnit im sick of this bullshit

Oh cheer up these issues are usually blindingly simple and once you get it you'll probably laugh at yourself.

Consider that you may also be turning ever so slightly with the barbell. This can stem from putting more weight on one leg than the other

Just try to keep your elbows in, like not flared. You can find the form online

You look like you're doing an impression of a t-rex