Leg press to replace squats

I have injured my knee doing groundwork at judo.
Can I replace squats in my program with leg press?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/miss_olsen87/
instagram.com/p/BHmUmrzj5r7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I might go as far to say that the leg press would be worse for your knee. I don't know that for sure tho.

What is your reasoning behind that?

In my mind, leg pressing at a declined angle is harmful to the knee because it puts pressure on the knee, especially as you lock out. I'd recommend just taking off on leg days if you have an injury tho. But if you really want to work out, then take it light and be sure to use your muscles with correct form.

Right there with ya bud, injured my knee as well doing ground work.

I'd say just stay off of it for a little bit until you can get back to your routine, you want the injury to heal ASAP.

Leg press is way more dangerous to knees because of the way force is applied to the joint. Probably a bad idea.

name on this semen demon op,
good karma will heal up your knee faster

instagram.com/miss_olsen87/

poor op missed his chance for a speedy recovery

May the gods of iron grant you healthy joints and strong muscles my good sir

Can you still squat full ROM with just the bar without life-ending pain?

If so, continue squatting and add weight to the limit of your ability. The squat is a natural "full" knee bend movement and your knee will heal better and faster if you load it through the correct ROM.

If you can't squat the bar, use the leg press till you can move more than your body weight for ten reps. Otherwise don't use it because it's bullshit.

Yea I was thinking on using the machine leg press(inb4 meme).
Basically I am trying to build up muscle and strength around my knees

Do whatever doesn't hurt and don't care what others think bro, I leg press 'cause I have FAI and it is what it is.

I don't know who it is I saw another annon post it a month ago
If she massaged my knee my squat would go up a plate

her feet are amazing

> locking out on leg press

you're never supposed to do that.

If you cant squat because of your knee, why the fuck would you leg press?

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound? Both exercises put stress on the "knee," you know, that thingy you said you hurt?

less weight same volume. I goofed and stopped squatting for yeaars and now just making a recovery. There's no way around it.

>locking out
>more harmful than squatting zozzle

First of all. OP, if your knee hurts, just rest. Stretch in a week or two. You shouldn't be doing legwork at all or faggot judo

>lock out
wtf dude never ever lock your knees on the leg press, I've seen some gruesome gifs of people who did that

True

Just do leg press man, i do it as my gym has a fuckin smith machine, leg press and hack squats

Do we know if she's natty? She looks like she could be.

Bruh, I am in love.

This chick is legit 100%, must be. She has 2 "blacklisted people" posts (hating on fake natties and other bullshitters), she is hating on instagram chicks ("just be yourself" post, "ass implants" post, etc.) and she litterally told her fans to fuck off when they tried to dissagree with her about knees going over toes when squatting topic. She even made a second post about it.

She seems like an actually decent instagram chick. Unbelievable.

>that 3rd pic
Fucking D R O P P E D

And almost forgot, she is actually lifting.

Check out this one:
instagram.com/p/BHmUmrzj5r7/

>Girls don't get fooled by these pathetic instagram videos.
>If you want real results remember heavy weights are the way to go.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US. Do you think she read the sticky?

calm down its a grill on the internet

Not him, but do you actually lock up your knees when you do Calf raises on the machine? I mean the legs are straight while I do it, is it dangerous?

I would personally NOT recommend the leg press.
I recently only started at the gym and was doing leg press until I could get my squat form down pat, and after only 4 weeks of attendance my knees are killing me. I think I'm going to stop.

>doing 255 squat 3x10
>last set, 9th rep
>knee hurts drop the weight
>hits my shoulder
>knee hurts
>shoulder hurts same day

I'm fucking done with lifting. My shoulder is actually worse than my knee. Got work in a few hours, not looking forward to doing anything. Just rolling the toilet paper hurt my shoulder

why do you need the machine for calf raises...just grab dumbbells. Because if your foot slips on the edge of that machine, goodbye other leg

I don't like squats for this reason

I prefer body weight squats and just do DLs for now

b-b-b-bodyweight? So do you avoid stairs?

O-ok I will do the with dumbells next time, shit is scary

no why would I?

because taking stairs requires more strength than doing a bodyweight squat lmao

I know. I just like compound movements of a squat. Nice hip and groin openers.
I have a back problem which doesn't let me do squats easily.
:(

Leg press is okay for volume work, but honestly for hypertrophy lightweight squats work much better.
Blast your legs with sets of 20 at 225. First 15 will pump out nice and easy, smooth, quick, you should really feel your quads contracting, then the last 5 will get a lot harder, and you'll get an insane pump.
I squat heavy once every two weeks, and squat light and high volume 3 times every two weeks.
At BW 185 my max heavy squat is 365x5.
I rep 225 for 5 sets of 20 my other leg days, followed by lightweight 3xF leg extensions.

but that's not true? look at the angle of your knee when walking up stairs, now compare that with the angle when you're at proper depth in a squat.

>t. Orbiter

Yes, and when you are strong enough to squat again, squat.